Another record quarter for deliveries:

Quote:
Record vehicle deliveries of 112,095 in Q4
Quote:
Model Y production ramp started in January 2020, ahead of schedule
Quote:
Increased Model Y all-wheel drive EPA range to 315 miles from 280 miles
Quote:
The production ramp of Model Y started in January 2020. Together with Model 3, our combined installed production capacity for these vehicles is now 400,000 units per year.

The ramp of Model Y will be gradual as we will be adding additional machinery in various production shops. After such expansions are done by mid-2020, installed combined Model 3 and Model Y capacity should reach 500,000 units per year. We will start delivering Model Y vehicles by the end of Q1 2020.

Stock up $66 after close today to $647/share. I bought in @ $35/share in 2012. You do your research, you get rewarded. "Skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it has been..."

Last edited by ggies; 01-29-2020 at 05:12 PM.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 11:53 AM   #1243
ggies
Sugar Will '04

So freakin stupid....I have no other words....people vote for Trump and his admin who still encourage the oil industry due to greed.

We truly live in an uneducated society....

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 01-30-2020, 01:41 PM   #1244
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Good news for those that live in the NE:

Quote:
The $4.6 million is coming from Volkswagen Group, thanks to the settlement that eventually came out of the massive, years-long, widespread diesel emissions scandal.
Quote:
Another $15.5 million is going to be used to replace state and municipal vehicles and equipment with lower-emission vehicles

Old 01-31-2020, 10:35 AM   #1245
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Tesla released a new short vid showing what the Autopilot Neural Network sees along with a webpage listing all the different areas they work on:

Old 01-31-2020, 11:05 AM   #1246
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Jim Cramer finally gets it. We are in a new world - EV, Solar/Wind, Battery Storage.

Old 02-03-2020, 03:58 PM   #1247
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
NOAA researches discovered the acidification of the Pacific Ocean along the west coast of the US is increasing much quicker than the rest of the world.
Quote:
It’s just crabs, you may think, but if the ocean is so acidic that it is dissolving crab shells and we don’t do anything to stop it, then imagine over time what effects it may have on your skin if you decided to go for a swim. A lot of people eat crabs, so this will affect several parts of the seafood industry in a negative way as well. The cost of crab will go up.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:34 PM   #1248
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Old 02-04-2020, 08:14 AM   #1249
JamSession v2.0
dance dance revolution

One of my friends was telling us about an analyst's prediction of Tesla's stock landing at an estimated $7000 per share by 2024 - with the most pessimistic estimate at $1500 and most optimistic at $15,000.

Tesla's got it all running.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:45 AM   #1250
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamSession v2.0 View Post
One of my friends was telling us about an analyst's prediction of Tesla's stock landing at an estimated $7000 per share by 2024 - with the most pessimistic estimate at $1500 and most optimistic at $15,000.

Tesla's got it all running.
Yep, that would be Cathy Wood from ARK Investments. She is an ultra bull, but makes sound projections. I've posted several of her vids over the past two years or so.

Right now premarket it's up over $100 to $884.

When I invested in Tesla in 2012, I was 28, and it was my first real investment as a young adult. I also put money into another battery company called A123, but that didn't pan out. So when I talk about it, I'm not trying to gloat on here, I'm just really proud. I spent countless hours reading books (like Reinventing Fire), articles, and watching videos on where the energy industry was going to go. It consumed me and still does....not until I see the switch is mostly complete.

Maybe some of you bought a few shares of Tesla from this thread, if so, congrats! If not, that's ok, I created this thread to educate, not make money.

Last edited by ggies; 02-04-2020 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:14 AM   #1251
JamSession v2.0
dance dance revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
Yep, that would be Cathy Wood from ARK Investments. She is an ultra bull, but makes sound projections. I've posted several of her vids over the past two years or so.

Right now premarket it's up over $100 to $884.

When I invested in Tesla in 2012, I was 28, and it was my first real investment as a young adult. I also put money into another battery company called A123, but that didn't pan out. So when I talk about it, I'm not trying to gloat on here, I'm just really proud. I spent countless hours reading books (like Reinventing Fire), articles, and watching videos on where the energy industry was going to go. It consumed me and still does....not until I see the switch is mostly complete.

Maybe some of you bought a few shares of Tesla from this thread, if so, congrats! If not, that's ok, I created this thread to educate, not make money.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:27 PM   #1252
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Full interview of Ron Baron on CNBC this morning:

Old 02-04-2020, 03:43 PM   #1253
ggies
Sugar Will '04

A little more from Cramer:

Quote:
Lots of oil execs are unhappy with my stance. But remember what I am: I am not about making friends, I am about making money. And I don't think I can help you make money in the oil and gas stocks anymore. They seem like a slowly melting ice cube, a wasting asset that will have down revenues unless oil jumps higher and stays higher. After the events I just outlined, I don't expect that to happen.
Quote:
But the reason I think they are on the wrong side of history is because they can't grow in a world where the ultimate metaphor for our time, Tesla, is up huge, while Exxon's down big on a day when Goldman Sachs (GS) takes it stock down from Hold to Sell.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:54 PM   #1254
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Hey @JamSession v2.0

Here is Cathie being interviewed today talking about her price targets that you brought up.

She mentions Tesla acquiring Maxwell...remember I posted about that in April of last year.

Old 02-12-2020, 01:52 PM   #1255
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Another update on the grid...Now this is all a moot point if you have solar on your house, but for those that do not, it's getting cleaner and cleaner.

Quote:
Now 94 percent of people in the US live where driving an EV produces less emissions than using a 50 mpg gasoline car.
Quote:
For example, driving the 2020 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus (0.24 kWh/mile) in California has emissions equal to a 161 mpg gasoline car, or less than a fifth of the global warming emissions of the average new gasoline car and over 60 percent less than even the most efficient gasoline car.
Quote:
Compared to our last analysis that used 2016 power plant data, emissions from EVs are on average 10 percent lower. The reductions have come from two primary sources:
  • The emissions rate from power plants in the US fell over 5 percent between 2016 and 2018. The drop comes from lower generation from coal and increases in natural gas, wind, and solar.

• The average efficiency of EVs sold to-date in the US improved since our last analysis (by about 6 percent). This was due to the sales of Tesla’s Model 3, one of the most efficient vehicles on the market.

Old 02-13-2020, 10:38 AM   #1256
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Another study stating the obvious transition taking place:

Factors for why natural gas is on a losing streak:
Quote:
  • Rise of utility-scale renewable energy development, along with new financing tools that have enabled corporate energy buyers to accelerate wind and solar development.

• Renewables are now winning contracts based on economic merits alone

• Economies of scale in manufacturing have played the key role
Quote:
Energy storage is another factor pushing down demand for new natural gas power plants, as the Factbook elaborates:

“In particular, “PV+storage” projects have under-bid natural gas-fired plants to win power-delivery contracts in certain states thanks to a 77% drop in the price of typical PV module and an 87% decline in battery pack prices.”
Old 02-14-2020, 04:11 PM   #1257
JamSession v2.0
dance dance revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
Hey @JamSession v2.0

Here is Cathie being interviewed today talking about her price targets that you brought up.

She mentions Tesla acquiring Maxwell...remember I posted about that in April of last year.

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2020, 12:51 PM   #1258
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

I saw 2 Tesla vans driving around the other day. They were Fords. I thought that was weird.
Old 02-17-2020, 09:27 PM   #1259
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
I saw 2 Tesla vans driving around the other day. They were Fords. I thought that was weird.
ah, must have been their service vans.
Old 02-17-2020, 09:29 PM   #1260
ggies
Sugar Will '04

This matches up with Cathie's point of Tesla being 4-5 years ahead of competition.

Quote:
Now Nikkei Business Publications, a Japanese media outlet, conducted its own Model 3 teardown and it was also impressed by Tesla’s electronics.

“What stands out most is Tesla’s integrated central control unit, or “full self-driving computer.” Also known as Hardware 3, this little piece of tech is the company’s biggest weapon in the burgeoning EV market. It could end the auto industry supply chain as we know it.”
Quote:
One stunned engineer from a major Japanese automaker examined the computer and declared, “We cannot do it.”

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc