These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2020, 09:14 AM   #1061
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

I’ve been hitting the peloton 3-4 days a week and skiing both days on the weekend. One thing I’ve done since last April is try to never eat before 1pm. My weight lifting has been pretty infrequent, I really have to start that up again.

I do want to get a rowing marching. I feel like that / peloton / running will keep me in a good spot for a 40 yr old.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:08 AM   #1062
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Iíve been hitting the peloton 3-4 days a week and skiing both days on the weekend. One thing Iíve done since last April is try to never eat before 1pm. My weight lifting has been pretty infrequent, I really have to start that up again.

I do want to get a rowing marching. I feel like that / peloton / running will keep me in a good spot for a 40 yr old.
Nice
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:21 PM   #1063
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Iíve been hitting the peloton 3-4 days a week and skiing both days on the weekend. One thing Iíve done since last April is try to never eat before 1pm. My weight lifting has been pretty infrequent, I really have to start that up again.

If youíre interested, you should forget weight lifting and mix in hot yoga with the skiing, rowing, and cycling. The body weight work combined with all of the cardio variations will keep you strong, lean, flexible, and probably without all of the tendon issues that come with weight lifting as we age.

Iím 35 and my general plan is to completely ditch weight lifting around 40 and instead up my power yoga practice and continue with indoor cycling and outdoor cardio.

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Without the sort of shutdown that we're seeing now, 80% of people would be infected and 4 million people would die within three months.

With "mitigation" strategies in place (all symptomatic cases in the US in isolation. Families of those cases quarantined. All Americans over 70 social distancing) 2 million people die in the next 3 months.

BUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUT

If we ever relax the suppression levels back to "mitigation" policies, we go right back to 2 million people dead within three months.

This continues until there is a disseminated vaccine, currently 18 months from now.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:24 PM   #1064
dmb2much40

I ended up getting the beach body on demand app to hold me over until the weather allows me to get back to outside running/biking. The app has a ton of different workouts, but skews more toward cardio than weight lifting. There’s enough variety that I haven’t gotten bored with it.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:10 PM   #1065
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

I’ve started hitting the gym 4-5 days a week. But I don’t have much of a strength training routine

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc