These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2020, 06:46 PM   #101
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

I just like looking at that date. Gets me excited. That’s when the real onez went down.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:05 PM   #102
jeff1818

I'm pretty sure MSG has a pretty hefty price-tag with releasing (and taping shows for that matter). I know PJ didn't even tape their 98 MSG shows because the price was too steep. I can only imagine they take a cut. Add in guests etc. and they'd have to sell a bunch more. But then again we got the 2002 show with James Brown. So who knows. My guess is we'll get a super box with 1998 shows in 20 years when the dust settles. Think the Dead and their model. Hopefully we still care by then!
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:23 PM   #103
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1818 View Post
I'm pretty sure MSG has a pretty hefty price-tag with releasing (and taping shows for that matter). I know PJ didn't even tape their 98 MSG shows because the price was too steep. I can only imagine they take a cut. Add in guests etc. and they'd have to sell a bunch more. But then again we got the 2002 show with James Brown. So who knows. My guess is we'll get a super box with 1998 shows in 20 years when the dust settles. Think the Dead and their model. Hopefully we still care by then!
I donít know, certainly hasnít stopped Phish from releasing every single show theyíve ever played there. Maybe for a major in store or massive release there would be extra hoops, but nothing that DMB couldnít financially handle.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #104
batleon

Is this thing out? Listened to LT39 the other day and it made me more interested in this since Tim's style in early Fall '98 was very different than later in the tour. Was curious about the mix, I might change my mind about this one after all.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 04:16 PM   #105
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

I went to buy it this am and it is 10/9. I think today was the shipping day for physical goods.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 02:45 PM   #106
batleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I went to buy it this am and it is 10/9. I think today was the shipping day for physical goods.
No preview tracks up... is that unusual? Feel like we have something to listen to by this point.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:49 PM   #107
jsandr
sometimes your well is dry

I’m hopeful this might be a sneaky great random show! Hopefully the mix is superb.
Old 10-08-2020, 12:06 PM   #108
Mersh

It still surprises me that they don’t promote things like this on their SiriusXM channel. It to be that guy, but on the Phish channel they promote the archival releases and even preview them the week before they are released.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:13 PM   #109
batleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
It still surprises me that they donít promote things like this on their SiriusXM channel. It to be that guy, but on the Phish channel they promote the archival releases and even preview them the week before they are released.
I don't think Phish really does archival releases that are throw-aways either, they are almost always shows that people want. I've been listening to the Mud Island release the last couple of days and that thing is a scorcher.

I do think they may have a larger back catalog of shows people want though compared to DMB. Plus I do wonder what the audience sizes are for each Sirius channel. I'd imagine Phish fans are more willing to buy into that channel than DMB fans are, but maybe that's because Phish does more there? Eh this just turned into the chicken and the egg for me...
Old 10-08-2020, 12:14 PM   #110
Mersh

Fair points, but seems like a simple promotion that doesn’t really take any effort.
Old 10-08-2020, 12:15 PM   #111
Mersh

And I am not bitching about the DMB channel. The Middlebury D+T show was a great surprise.
Old 10-08-2020, 12:16 PM   #112
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
While the DMB channel is nice to have and is pretty enjoyable...just like with almost everything else that machine does...it could be so much more.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:57 PM   #113
batleon

Quote:
And I am not bitching about the DMB channel. The Middlebury D+T show was a great surprise.
Shit I keep forgetting that happened, I still haven't listened to it yet.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:10 PM   #114
kitkat

Quote:
I love that Middlebury Show. Where can I find it? Gosh, I haven't heard that show since I used cassettes!
Old 10-08-2020, 05:16 PM   #115
celluloid hero

[Only registered users can see links.]
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:54 PM   #116
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
I don't think Phish really does archival releases that are throw-aways either, they are almost always shows that people want. I've been listening to the Mud Island release the last couple of days and that thing is a scorcher.

I do think they may have a larger back catalog of shows people want though compared to DMB. Plus I do wonder what the audience sizes are for each Sirius channel. I'd imagine Phish fans are more willing to buy into that channel than DMB fans are, but maybe that's because Phish does more there? Eh this just turned into the chicken and the egg for me...
They usually are really good shows. There’s a shit load of shows that people want that haven’t been released though. A LOT. And there’s certainly been some random shows, but none that you would say are throwaway or bland.

Personally I am dieing for a really nice upgraded SBD of 12.31.93..one of my favorite shows of all time and one of Treys ultimate best performances guitar wise imo. The AuD/matrix that’s out there is ok but man I’d love that to be given the proper treatment
Old 10-08-2020, 10:20 PM   #117
dmikeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
They usually are really good shows. Thereís a shit load of shows that people want that havenít been released though. A LOT. And thereís certainly been some random shows, but none that you would say are throwaway or bland.

Personally I am dieing for a really nice upgraded SBD of 12.31.93..one of my favorite shows of all time and one of Treys ultimate best performances guitar wise imo. The AuD/matrix thatís out there is ok but man Iíd love that to be given the proper treatment
Trey didn't play at that show
Old 10-08-2020, 10:53 PM   #118
celluloid hero

He’s talking about Phish releasing 12.31.93
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:00 PM   #119
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikeb View Post
Trey didn't play at that show
the 12/31/93 Phish show, not DMB.
Old 10-09-2020, 03:41 AM   #120
kitkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
[Only registered users can see links.]
wow! thanks for this! are there other gems posted on this site?

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc