These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2020, 11:07 AM   #61
zaphod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRALL View Post
Can't believe we are getting a Fall 98 show and people are finding something to complain about. Without being able to refer to a 'rarity index' (I know I love DMBAlmanac and refer to it often), you would have no complaints. This is a good release because its from Fall 98. A tour of the band at its absolute peak. Them purely being without any guests at all makes this worth releasing.

Can't believe the pessimism some times.
welcome to the dmb fanbase. nothing is ever good enough for us.
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 11:10 AM   #62
zaphod!

nevermind the fact that what shoots the "rarity index" all the way up for this tour is a song like True Reflections.
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 11:49 AM   #63
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
welcome to the dmb fanbase. nothing is ever good enough for us.
But there isnít even really that much negativity on this. Surprise, maybe confusion, but what, one person has said that theyíre not buying this? Weíre talking about a basically forgotten show from a tour that has a lot of legendary shows. Itís understandable that people arenít as excited as they could be, but itís not really that negative a reaction. Definitely not when compared to how some of these have received recently.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:03 PM   #64
mja271

^^^ agree. I mean it's almost certainly a good show. Not one of the sexiest setlists for the time period but they killed it on that tour. I'd guess if you had asked hardcore DMB fans to pick a fall 98 show for release, literally nobody would pick this one. Doesn't mean it won't be a good listen, but just sort of a strange choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:08 PM   #65
blumathu

I have no problem with the choice, looking forward to it.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:33 PM   #66
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorony View Post
It’s kind of a crap shoot though, and a risky gamble on their part if that’s truly their strategy here. Will the fanbase really be interested in scooping up that stuff 10, 15, 20 years from now? The band will likely be no more at that point, outside of Dave probably still doing things here and there. But most of us hardcores will be pushing 60 by that point. Will there really be an obsessive interest to get this stuff then?

If there was ever a year to really unleash the vault, this was it. And they blew it big time with these LT’s.
Oh I think there will be lots of interest..look at the GD..they're still putting out and releasing shows from literally 30-40 years ago. DMB will have new young fans as well, as we age and have kids and show them the stuff.

We waited over 15 years already to get 12/21/02 released, so I don't think it's a bad move at all. I understand DMB isn't the GD, but I think the live stuff will continue to get bought and at this point it costs them essentially nothing to mix them and release them, so the profit margins can be really high if even a small percentage of hardcores buy them.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:35 PM   #67
MHutson

LONG time lurker, but first LT to sufficiently pique my interest in a while to ask what feels like a really stupid question...

Current electronics situation is: (i) iPhone (work + personal); (ii) iPad (generally personal) and (iii) laptop (work-issued).

Ran into an issue with a prior LT trying to buy the electronic version because you can't download to iPhone. Do you really need to download to a computer and then transfer to our iPhone via USB (which I'd prefer not to do on my work computer) or otherwise buy the CDs? Am I missing something?
MHutson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:41 PM   #68
soright05

New show I have never heard before, a win in my book
soright05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:09 PM   #69
jsandr
sometimes your well is dry

I will likely get this - curious what the mix will be like, as the '98 mixes haven't been all that consistent.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:12 PM   #70
jsandr

rarity or not, I will not complain about another Seek Up / Heartbeat / Rapunzel, Minarets, Crush, Graves, etc with Tim. Crazy on the 11 song main set!

EDIT: overlooked Two Step, as well, which was pretty much a constant highlight for me in Tim-infused '98 shows.

Really, it's missing Last Stop - and we already have several unreal versions from the tour. I think it's really cool they went random with this pick. Just hope it's mixed well.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:21 PM   #71
celluloid hero

First Fall Tour show released without any gimmicks. Just the 6 of them from start-to-finish.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:23 PM   #72
batleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
But there isnít even really that much negativity on this. Surprise, maybe confusion, but what, one person has said that theyíre not buying this? Weíre talking about a basically forgotten show from a tour that has a lot of legendary shows. Itís understandable that people arenít as excited as they could be, but itís not really that negative a reaction. Definitely not when compared to how some of these have received recently.
And even that guy (me) admittedly might change his mind in a few weeks. It's happened before. I originally crapped all over Busch as a choice of release and I love listening to that show now. I could see my mind about this one being changed at one point, but my initial thought is it's a bit disappointing.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:33 PM   #73
jsandr

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
And even that guy (me) admittedly might change his mind in a few weeks. It's happened before. I originally crapped all over Busch as a choice of release and I love listening to that show now. I could see my mind about this one being changed at one point, but my initial thought is it's a bit disappointing.
never listened to the tape of this one. if it's mixed well and the performances are solid, it would be a great little release. I love the concept of random shows getting a spotlight - though, i guess that's what i thought dmblive was for. who knows, the devil will be in the details on this one for me.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:01 PM   #74
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsandr View Post
I will likely get this - curious what the mix will be like, as the '98 mixes haven't been all that consistent.
Well the 11/30/98 was a multitrack mixdown for DMBLIVE, so that was basically not even mixed. So don't count that one. And Live In Chicago was mixed and mastered by totally different people that are doing the Live Trax series since it was years ago. I expect this mix to sound very similar to LT1 or LT39 more than anything. Those are a little closer.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:03 PM   #75
jsandr

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Well the 11/30/98 was a multitrack mixdown for DMBLIVE, so that was basically not even mixed. So don't count that one. And Live In Chicago was mixed and mastered by totally different people that are doing the Live Trax series since it was years ago. I expect this mix to sound very similar to LT1 more than anything, and if that's the case, that'll be pretty nice. Always wish Jeff was louder on that show but everyone else sounded great.
valid points - looking forward to hearing it!
Old 09-02-2020, 02:18 PM   #76
jeff1818

I'll always buy and jam out to 90s DMB. The set may look short. It may be a head-scratcher, but I'm down. Down to jam.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:27 PM   #77
jsandr

again, just so weird to me that they are trying to package with a poster and apparel! can we find anyone who actually was at that show?!
Old 09-02-2020, 05:48 PM   #78
SomeDevil17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHutson View Post
LONG time lurker, but first LT to sufficiently pique my interest in a while to ask what feels like a really stupid question...

Current electronics situation is: (i) iPhone (work + personal); (ii) iPad (generally personal) and (iii) laptop (work-issued).

Ran into an issue with a prior LT trying to buy the electronic version because you can't download to iPhone. Do you really need to download to a computer and then transfer to our iPhone via USB (which I'd prefer not to do on my work computer) or otherwise buy the CDs? Am I missing something?
I believe that is correct. You have to dl them to a computer and transfer to your phone via usb. Or ya buy the cds if you don’t want to hook your devices together.
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:13 PM   #79
dmb2much40

The thing about a lot of the shows on our personal wish lists for an official release is that a lot of them have guests. Like all those December 98 or Giants Stadium or July 1997 or September 2000 shows. I can understand why they don’t want every release to have guests. So while this is random, at least they picked a random show from a great tour.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:47 PM   #80
NiCK (Crush)

Definite purchase.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc