These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #61
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,583


Perhaps he didn't count on somebody actually checking the geographical implications of his post, and wanted to shoehorn another reference to his penis in somehow.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #62
ThememanXX
I've gotta make a destination.
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post


Perhaps he didn't count on somebody actually checking the geographical implications of his post, and wanted to shoehorn another reference to his penis in somehow.
Priceless.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #63
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 14,585
when I first read his post, I actually paused for a moment on that Utica reference because it seemed odd
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #64
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinoyed
Posts: 18,822
He was probably picking up a lady friend from Craigslist in Utica for the post-game show activities.
__________________
Currently listening to:
2/16/96, Pepin Gymnasium, Middlebury, VT
sean52692 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #65
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 14,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
He was probably picking up a lady friend from Craigslist in Utica for the post-game show activities.
Did you read his whole post, though? He very clearly ended up alone
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #66
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
He was probably picking up a lady friend from Craigslist in Utica for the post-game show activities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Did you read his whole post, though? He very clearly ended up alone

Yeah this doesn't hold water.

Unless he got there, realized he wasn't going to make it, decided he didn't want real sex, and chose to do things himself so he could catch the webcast back home.

If that's the case he's the most devoted fan I've heard of.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #67
Thor2531
I Fucked NAKEDdmbLauren
 
Thor2531's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 1,575
This is great....sorry, got my SUNY's mixed up. I was trying to pickup a buddy at SUNY Binghamton. There's more to the story than just a traffic jam. Plus, I was 60 miles north of Williamsport so it made sense to take route 6 along the northern tier of Pennsylvania. Those with knowledge of this area will understand the logic.

That being said....it wasn't well planned out.
Thor2531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #68
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 23,255
Yea, there weren't any iphones back then. I took some pretty circuitous routes to shows at times.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #69
ThememanXX
I've gotta make a destination.
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor2531 View Post
This is great....sorry, got my SUNY's mixed up. I was trying to pickup a buddy at SUNY Binghamton. There's more to the story than just a traffic jam. Plus, I was 60 miles north of Williamsport so it made sense to take route 6 along the northern tier of Pennsylvania. Those with knowledge of this area will understand the logic.

That being said....it wasn't well planned out.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #70
Poth Ead
Stay boring my friends...
 
Poth Ead's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 8,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
The guys name is Pot Head... give him a break on the math.
Poth Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #71
Poth Ead
Stay boring my friends...
 
Poth Ead's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 8,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
There's no way there were 120,000 people there.
I thought I heard around 90-100k people.. but whatever. It was a terrorists wet dream
Poth Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #72
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 51,588
Yeah, my understanding was 90-100K. I've never seen or heard as many as 120K ever.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #73
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle
 
roshea999's Avatar
 
Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 9,914
I recall recently seeing a much more conservative pick. Something like 60,000. I remember at the time the general consensus being around 100.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:44 PM   #74
carter
bouncy
 
carter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 535
What a great experience. Flew into Newark from Phoenix and met my sister who flew in from Chicago, then took the train and ran into a friend who is an NYPD cop so we got a ride straight to the VIP section. For as crazy as the overall crowd was, the VIP was set up perfectly (I believe it was the first time DMB had a separate VIP section) and you could go back and grab free beers between every song. Not much to add on the set, other than I have never seen the band so in awe of the crowd. They would just stare from the stage, point and laugh to each other. Carter and Stefan really had exceptional nights as well. Good times...
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #75
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 23,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Not much to add on the set, other than I have never seen the band so in awe of the crowd. They would just stare from the stage, point and laugh to each other.
Yea. What a moment that must have been for them only 12 years removed from their first gig together. Hard to believe it won't be long until Central Park is further away from the current date than it was from their first show. Time. What a cruel, unforgiving bitch.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #76
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Yea. What a moment that must have been for them only 12 years removed from their first gig together. Hard to believe it won't be long until Central Park is further away from the current date than it was from their first show. Time. What a cruel, unforgiving bitch.
For real. I'd been pining for 04 tunes since 04 but i didnt realize it had been almost a fuckin decade when Crazy Easy came back. Faak

I cant believe it's been over 10 years since my first show. Yeah, I know..
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #77
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 51,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
I recall recently seeing a much more conservative pick. Something like 60,000. I remember at the time the general consensus being around 100.
There is no way that was only 60,000 people.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:46 AM   #78
kylebond13
soul singer in a session band
 
kylebond13's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3beamsoflight6 View Post
Best show of 82 I've been to. The entire experience was awesome, from the mad dash to the front of the stage to the Kurt Loder interview I did after the show that was never published.
Details?
__________________
Gorge 2007= Lawlorpalooza
kylebond13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #79
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 24,128
The one issue I still have with this show is the encore. I pretty much always just stop watching/listening after Watchtower.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #80
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,540
Could have been worse. Could have just ended with What You Are.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.05266 seconds with 16 queries