These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #21
batleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I had boots on the ground at this shitfest. Getting in was an absolute nightmare. I was super down on the band after Hartford. This show didn't help matters. I skipped all shows in '04. But dm&f was an effin blast.
That could have been me. I was at Hartford N2 in 2003 too and it sucked. Flat out sucked. Still the worst DM show I've ever attended, and I saw some real shitty shows during the Stand Up era. I had no intention of ever attending another DMB show again when I walked outta there.

My friend who'd never seen the band before begged me to go with him the following summer. We attended 7/7/04. Still a top 5 show for me. I found the boards shortly after that and the rest is history.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #22
torres

Still remember sitting down to watch the webcast vividly. I'll always be bitter because 9/20, Atlanta was supposed to be the last show of the tour, then this was announced. Bah.
torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #23
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by torres View Post
Still remember sitting down to watch the webcast vividly. I'll always be bitter because 9/20, Atlanta was supposed to be the last show of the tour, then this was announced. Bah.
I think the Almanac should count this as part of the Summer tour.
gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #24
GreyStHokie
Resident Hokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I was 22, that shit didn't bother me then. Today, i would have been pissed
this, yes. i wouldn't be able to deal with it now. Hell, I went to Randall's Island in 2005 and could have killed someone with the shitshow that place was.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #25
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Pretty great show, but being there had to be miserable, right?
Other than a long wait to get in, no it was completely fine. The accidental extra VIP ticket they sent me for free was great too.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #26
dmb4uandme

I've been lurking here for a while, but figured I'd chime in on this.

Fantastic show and well worth the effort to get there and make it happen.

15 hour drive through the night from Wisconsin. Somehow we managed to miss the entire line that everyone bitches about. Walked right in with no wait around 3pm. Ended up about 20 feet from the stage right in the center.

The biggest hassle was really standing in the same spot for 8+ hours. My legs were on fire by the time we got back to the hotel.

Also, there were 2 guys passing out a case of water before the show started. Managed to snag a bottle which was a total life saver.
dmb4uandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #27
drummerkrf

Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb4uandme View Post
I've been lurking here for a while, but figured I'd chime in on this.
I don't know that I have the cred to be saying this, but welcome.

Sounds like your experience at this thing was a rare one. I doubt a lot of the guys that attended had the patience to stand around for 8 hours after the let down that they had been putting some of the older fans through leading up to this.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #28
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I was 22, that shit didn't bother me then. Today, i would have been pissed
Yeah, I should just clarify my earlier post about not wanting to deal with the hassle, etc. I was already in my mid-30's at that point, deep in the whole career/family deal, and not that passionate about DMB anymore. I'm sure if I had been 10 years younger I would have been all in.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #29
dmb4uandme

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
I don't know that I have the cred to be saying this, but welcome.

Sounds like your experience at this thing was a rare one. I doubt a lot of the guys that attended had the patience to stand around for 8 hours after the let down that they had been putting some of the older fans through leading up to this.
Not necessarily "older" in the sense of age at that time (I was 23), but that was the last of probably a dozen shows had seen that summer.

Doesn't matter who you are or what your expectations are though -- its tough to stand in one place for 8 hours!
dmb4uandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #30
drummerkrf

Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

I meant older by way of being a fan.

A lot of the guys that hated the experience, or didn't bother, have been fans for a good while.
The wiley veterans if you will...

But yeah, it doesn't matter, fuck that whole 8 hours thing
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #31
Derek
hi there

Quote:
Originally Posted by torres View Post
And that Atlanta show was such a mail-in by the band too. Especially given the epic Charlotte show four days earlier.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #32
3beamsoflight6

Best show of 82 I've been to. The entire experience was awesome, from the mad dash to the front of the stage to the Kurt Loder interview I did after the show that was never published.

Some unbelievably tight performances. The band knew it was their pinnacle and they played up to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
That could have been me. I was at Hartford N2 in 2003 too and it sucked. Flat out sucked. Still the worst DM show I've ever attended, and I saw some real shitty shows during the Stand Up era. I had no intention of ever attending another DMB show again when I walked outta there.
I don't know why but this made me laugh. I can see you now, arms crossed as you walk out of the venue, sulking not saying a word to anyone because they played I Did It. DMB, Never again!

That said, N2 2003 Hartford, to me, was a pretty solid show. Recently, FTT, ASTB-->WH, Pig, Stone, IIHIA, Two Step, Stay.
3beamsoflight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #33
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3beamsoflight6 View Post
Best show of 82 I've been to. The entire experience was awesome, from the mad dash to the front of the stage to the Kurt Loder interview I did after the show that was never published.

Some unbelievably tight performances. The band knew it was their pinnacle and they played up to it.

I don't know why but this made me laugh. I can see you now, arms crossed as you walk out of the venue, sulking not saying a word to anyone because they played I Did It. DMB, Never again!

That said, N2 2003 Hartford, to me, was a pretty solid show. Recently, FTT, ASTB-->WH, Pig, Stone, IIHIA, Two Step, Stay.
Hartford night 1 was my first negative show experience. It's also the last time I've seen DMB on the lawn, which I'll never do again after that. The lousy crowd around me mixed with the short and kind of meh setlist make it bottom 5 of 90+ I've been to.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #34
3beamsoflight6

Fair enough. Hartford lawn is just about the worst thing you could ever do to yourself. That said, N1 had a pretty great set list, imo.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #35
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3beamsoflight6 View Post
no doubt
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #36
torres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
And that Atlanta show was such a mail-in by the band too. Especially given the epic Charlotte show four days earlier.
Yep. I remember being so pumped that Atlanta would be the final show, especially with the band on fire during '03. Still bitter
torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #37
3beamsoflight6

Old 09-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #38
greppson
Hmm...

did VIP, enjoyed the show. met/stayed with folks i'd only ever talked to online. VIP entrance was delayed due to a fire in the kitchen area or something.

greppson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #39
JamSession v2.0
dance dance revolution

Wasn't there. No way in hell would I have driven from Cleveland to NYC to fight through that crowd of people. That being said, I remember popping in the DVD for the first time and watching it through and thinking how solidly they were playing.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #40
Thor2531
I Fucked NAKEDdmbLauren

Left central PA at 8 am with the hopes of getting there by early afternoon. Got stuck in traffic near Utica, NY, gave up and turned around. Snuck a case of beer into the dorm, ordered a pizza, jerked off several times and watched an incredible concert with stellar performances. Was upset with the lack of guests/rarities but that's no different than any other show. That night a gust of wind knocked my Dave signed, framed UTTAD off the top of my desk and it landed right on my computer screen, destroying my 8 month old laptop. Fuck you Dave Matthews.
Thor2531 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc