These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2020, 08:11 AM   #2421
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
How do you normally watch movies? Apple has allowed an AppleTV app on roku and other devices now so you can access your library w/o an appletv. I predominantly use vudu for movie streaming, but do have titles in apple that do not stream through movies anywhere. We have appletv’s at home, but I have one of the cheap rokus that I use when traveling.
On my computer with VLC. I'm a dinosaur.

I just hate the drm. They got rid of it for music years ago.
Old 10-08-2020, 06:55 PM   #2422
NiCK (Crush)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1818 View Post
When’s the 12 coming out? Deciding to purchase or lease. Also, my phone is super old.
October 13th is the announcement event.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:07 PM   #2423
jeff1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
October 13th is the announcement event.
cool. maybe i'll retire my 5s
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:07 PM   #2424
Josh.0

I'm upgrading too. I'm curious to see what (if any) supply chain delays there may be between the release date and when most people actually get the phone in their hands.

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Without the sort of shutdown that we're seeing now, 80% of people would be infected and 4 million people would die within three months.

With "mitigation" strategies in place (all symptomatic cases in the US in isolation. Families of those cases quarantined. All Americans over 70 social distancing) 2 million people die in the next 3 months.

BUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUT

If we ever relax the suppression levels back to "mitigation" policies, we go right back to 2 million people dead within three months.

This continues until there is a disseminated vaccine, currently 18 months from now.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 02:48 AM   #2425
NiCK (Crush)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1818 View Post
cool. maybe i'll retire my 5s
Wow, dude, when you get a new phone it's going to be soooooo much better. That'll be a big jump.
Old 10-10-2020, 03:04 AM   #2426
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Have you tried to clean it? Mine stopped charging as well and I was able to clean a solid amount of pocket link out of it and now it charges fine. Just make sure you turn the phone off and try to use something like a toothpick that won’t damage the contacts.

Yup. I brought it to the Apple store and they cleaned it out there. They also told me that they saw some corrosion in the charging port as well.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:07 AM   #2427
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Hs anyone gotten a 12 yet? I'm not super excited by it, but just need something. I've got some time as the Pro Max doesn't come out for another two weeks or so and that is what I'd have to get. I do like the looks of the 12 as the 5 is the best looking of them all, I think. Otherwise I probably would have already grabbed the biggest 11.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 03:29 PM   #2428
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

My 7 died of the dreaded A0166 serial number "No Service" hardware error about a month ago. I tried everything I could to fix it but it was beyond salvage. I just missed the deadline for Apple to honour the repair. It is a known issue they take responsibility for and they were still fixing it free of charge up to September if you were within 4 years of the original purchase date. Go figure.

My carrier gave me $300 off for trading in my 7 for an iphone 12. I opted for a blue, 64GB standard model. I like the shape much better. I hate the smooth sides of the 7 and my wife's 10XR, which is way too big to feel practical. I had an iphone 5 prior to the 7 so the shape felt familiar in my hand albeit a little bigger. It's nice and easy to use even if you're used to a home button. You adjust to the new interface within a day or so once you get the essential gestures down.

I'd say the cons are it only comes with a charging cable with a USB C to lightning connection, so if you have a newer device with a USB C port, you'll be ok but that eliminates any old style (USB A) charging interface you may have. These little pushes towards micro transactions for things I've already paid for and the seemingly constant, "want to upgrade your iCloud storage for $X.XX a month?" and "You haven't finished setting up your Apple wallet" notifications are so annoying. Apple does not include ear buds or a wireless charger so if you haven't been buying the latest and greatest it's easy to feel left out in the cold. Sure, you might argue that "everyone has those things already" but I am almost sure that is untrue of the power supply for most people.

Truthfully, I am so sick of spending money on smartphones. I am not a facebook/instagram/social media app user and I do most of my important activity on my iMac/PC. I work in A/V and marketing so I spend most of my day in my home office and I can do what I need to without a smartphone.

If it hadn't been for the incentive to trade my old iphone, I would've gone with a bottom of the barrel android or something cheap to hold me over. I was also looking into a Mudita Pure phone because any smartphone I've had has mostly gone underutilised save for the health and exercise apps. Sadly, Mudita couldn't give me a solid ship date and their project has already been delayed once or twice in the past. I was really trying to hold out for one but it just didn't work out. I may even still sell this 12 when I get a solid guarantee that they are shipping phones and that they'll work with my carrier.

If you have't seen it, you might find it interesting if you're in the same boat as me:

[Only registered users can see links.]

Cliffs: It's an iphone without accessories and a home button.
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 04:18 PM   #2429
Tomacco

I held onto my iPhone 4S from October 2011 until July 2016. Since then I've had the original SE, which is still going strong.

Love seeing the 12 mini because I want to keep my phone small. It's not as small as my SE, but close. Eventually I'll upgrade to that, but I'm in no rush (I also hate that they killed the headphone jack).
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM   #2430
K270
Kan Pai

Quick question, anybody here have a MacBook Pro (15 inch 2017)? If so, what do you use to clean the screen please?

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc