These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2020, 01:07 PM   #2741
patsfan39

Im not saying its a great song, but i enjoyed seeing the Riff in vegas much more than seeing Bayou last summer at SPAC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 02:33 PM   #2742
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
It's a matter-of-fact sentiment.

Funny how people don't knock Dave for his silly lyrics in songs like Smts or Wwys or on-the-nose ones like Seek Up or Osw.

Ah, I know why. The music is better than Dive In. Or is it? Maybe it's just different, and you either like it or don't.

But let's be honest here.
It's because they were his early songwriting.

On BTCS and Lillywhite Sessions, he matured far beyond that.

Then he regressed. Hard. Real hard. Like reeeeaaaaalllllyyyyyy really really real hard.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 02:39 PM   #2743
bassplayer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1981 View Post
I'm shocked people don't the see thorough the Riff for how bad it is. I'll take Bayou in it's current form live over the Riff any day.
I feel very much the opposite. I thought for sure people were going to love that after listing to AFTW. Still boggles my mind.
bassplayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:13 PM   #2744
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
It's a matter-of-fact sentiment.

Funny how people don't knock Dave for his silly lyrics in songs like Smts or Wwys or on-the-nose ones like Seek Up or Osw.

Ah, I know why. The music is better than Dive In. Or is it? Maybe it's just different, and you either like it or don't.

But let's be honest here.
Holy shit, this argument again.

We went over this 5 years ago: [Only registered users can see links.]
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:52 AM   #2745
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Unpopular opinion time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soups View Post
yeah, ADSR is excellent in terms of chord structure and lyrics. Too bad it never got recorded (that we know of). If given a treatment like VITR, it would be a memorable studio track.
I believe it was recorded in 2007, but never released. I think the studio he recorded it shared information about it a few years ago.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:49 AM   #2746
ThememanXX
I've gotta make a destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
I believe it was recorded in 2007, but never released. I think the studio he recorded it shared information about it a few years ago.
You might be thinking of 'Jackpot' or 'Falling off the Roof,' which was recorded at Milkboy the Studio in Philly for a Herbie Hancock album but cut for a cover of 'Tomorrow Never Knows,' instead. The studio posted a clip on their website years back, if I remember correctly. I've always wanted to hear that one, in full.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:31 AM   #2747
bassplayer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
You might be thinking of 'Jackpot' or 'Falling off the Roof,' which was recorded at Milkboy the Studio in Philly for a Herbie Hancock album but cut for a cover of 'Tomorrow Never Knows,' instead. The studio posted a clip on their website years back, if I remember correctly. I've always wanted to hear that one, in full.
A year or two ago there was a log of songs that had been recorded or worked on at Haunted Hollow maybe? over the years. ADSR was on there. It was definitely recorded in some fashion, perhaps as a demo.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:35 AM   #2748
ThememanXX
I've gotta make a destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayer22 View Post
A year or two ago there was a log of songs that had been recorded or worked on at Haunted Hollow maybe? over the years. ADSR was on there. It was definitely recorded in some fashion, perhaps as a demo.
Oh I don't doubt that, I was more or less responding to the "I think the studio he recorded it shared information about it" line, that has to be about 'Jackpot.'

I'd love love love some scrapped studio tracks to be finished and see the light of day, stuff like Jackpot, Shotgun, A Dream So Real, JTR, Sugar Will, #40, etc.

It'll never happen though.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:36 AM   #2749
bassplayer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Oh I don't doubt that, I was more or less responding to the "I think the studio he recorded it shared information about it" line, that has to be about 'Jackpot.'

I'd love love love some scrapped studio tracks to be finished and see the light of day, stuff like Jackpot, Shotgun, A Dream So Real, JTR, Sugar Will, #40, etc.

It'll never happen though.
Agreed. I still think we were closer to getting some of those tracks on CT before the Boyd situation but who the hell knows.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:04 PM   #2750
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDevil17 View Post
Always will be a big fan of the riff. Just a cool unique song.
Love the dour atmosphere. Even the louder bursts only punctuate the tenseness.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc