These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2018, 03:26 PM   #41
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by typsitch View Post
who's the demo for this song? Is it just #dmbfamily? The people who name their daughters tinsley and get dmb tattoos? what is dave trying to transform his fanbase into writing songs like this?
I'm betting 1swtbartender loves it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1swtbartender View Post
It doesn’t surprise me to see the old school fans are still smug elitists who feel the need to criticize the opinions of others. Music is subjective and each song has a different meaning to everyone. Sometimes the lyrics connect, or the music moves you, or other times it’s just nostalgia for past times, good or bad. Maybe it isn’t the band that pushed the good fans away, it’s these ridiculous message boards filled with people who have no life. You people who have been around since the beginning are nothing special. I’ve been around since the beginning and have seen these boards succumb to the same self righteous BS that has permeated our entire society. Stop being part of the problem. Have you learned nothing from DMB about love and respect for others? Even if they like Stolen Away. Jesus.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:29 PM   #42
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity
 
typsitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,330
pretty epic post from that guy, some truth there for sure, I can respect it.

song still sucks though.
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:31 PM   #43
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 28,734
I forgot about that guy.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:31 PM   #44
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,383
Nobody here is advocating for the drawing and quartering of those who like the elevator muzak of Stolen Away.

For Blackjack? Maybe.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:34 PM   #45
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,474
I love that post.

I also love the bro [Only registered users can see links.] trying so hard to get into it, raising his beer after the "let the children lead the way" (about 6:07 in)
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:34 PM   #46
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
I forgot about that guy.
It's definitely my favorite thing here when we get scolded
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:35 PM   #47
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity
 
typsitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I love that post.

I also love the bro [Only registered users can see links.] trying so hard to get into it, raising his beer after the "let the children lead the way" (about 6:07 in)
lmfao
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:40 PM   #48
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 17,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I love that post.

I also love the bro [Only registered users can see links.] trying so hard to get into it, raising his beer after the "let the children lead the way" (about 6:07 in)

Kill me, that's too good.
__________________
Do the jerk baby
Do the jerk now
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:40 PM   #49
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 28,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
It's definitely my favorite thing here when we get scolded


That’s something an elitist would say!
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:40 PM   #50
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
It's definitely my favorite thing here when we get scolded
Get a load of this:

[Only registered users can see links.]
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:47 PM   #51
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Get a load of this:

[Only registered users can see links.]
Ha
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:49 PM   #52
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 28,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Ha
Also, I didn't realize you also have a 'jerk off' joke in your sig. So was that Kyle DB talking about me....or you!?
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:58 PM   #53
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 17,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by typsitch View Post
who's the demo for this song? Is it just #dmbfamily? The people who name their daughters tinsley and get dmb tattoos? what is dave trying to transform his fanbase into writing songs like this?

he made political points in the past, that's fine. he's always tilted hippie in his message, but he did it cleverly and with style before - and it brought along a reasonable, smart fanbase for the most part. what is this going after?

Brandi Carlisle.
__________________
Do the jerk baby
Do the jerk now
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:01 PM   #54
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Also, I didn't realize you also have a 'jerk off' joke in your sig. So was that Kyle DB talking about me....or you!?
I'm not sure what you're referring to, but I'm sure my answer is the same either way: who gives a fuck.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:03 PM   #55
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 28,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I'm not sure what you're referring to, but I'm sure my answer is the same either way: who gives a fuck.


No no, that’s true. And thinking about it, definitely me. He posted my post count....as if it were an insult.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:10 PM   #56
zaphod!
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: montreal
Posts: 21,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
No no, that’s true. And thinking about it, definitely me. He posted my post count....as if it were an insult.
27.581!
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:14 PM   #57
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,162
I remember Mario arguing that this song couldn't possibly about shootings and kids because it was written in 2017 according his database lookup.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:30 PM   #58
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,837
Song is dad rock. The music is cheesy. The lyrics are cheesy. But for some reason it doesn’t offend me that much. My reaction to Be Yourself and Plastic Girl was more negative on first listen than this one. I know that’s a low bar, but whatever. I like the second half of CT. That saves it from being a total miss.

People worrying about the album as a whole because of this is a bit crazy. We’ve heard most of the other songs already. They’re all better than this Except maybe Cant Stop. Good albums can still have a couple relative turds. Ideally I wish this song were better, but not ever song has to be amazing.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:31 PM   #59
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,383
I like my filler songs to stay that way. I really am disappointed when they're treated as something more serious than they deserve to be.

Too Much is not as serious as Cry Freedom, and that's okay because the difference is context. And good music to back it up, of course.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:36 PM   #60
hobbesthecat
stand up ba-dadadada
 
hobbesthecat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 8,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Song is dad rock. The music is cheesy. The lyrics are cheesy. But for some reason it doesn’t offend me that much. My reaction to Be Yourself and Plastic Girl was more negative on first listen than this one. I know that’s a low bar, but whatever. I like the second half of CT. That saves it from being a total miss.



People worrying about the album as a whole because of this is a bit crazy. We’ve heard most of the other songs already. They’re all better than this Except maybe Cant Stop. Good albums can still have a couple relative turds. Ideally I wish this song were better, but not ever song has to be amazing.


This Song is not dad rock - it's boring pop.

Worst DMB song ever? No

But worse than 90% vs BW or AFTW
__________________
Chris / @hobbesthecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Shut the fuck up you filthy whore. Jesuit school has made you soft.
hobbesthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.11016 seconds with 25 queries