These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2020, 09:06 AM   #8881
mario

So much winning!

SCOTUS just ruled that Trump violated the Administrative Procedure Act and the attempt to rescind DACA is VACATED.

They could rescind DACA, if they bothered to follow the law and act like a government instead of a dictatorship, but they didn't so its vacated.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 12:30 PM   #8882
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

Hopefully justice prevails in the cop's felony murder charge like it did in Baltimore with the politically motivated charges against those cops. I don't see it getting past a grand jury. It's possible to have empathy for both Rayshard and the cop btw.
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 01:27 PM   #8883
typsitch

I've hated guns my whole life, never even questioned the idea of having one. That has changed.
Old 06-18-2020, 03:05 PM   #8884
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

The amount of liberals purchasing guns must be off the charts. Especially since these cities are filled with libs and it has become apparent the police might not be able to protect them
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 11:43 AM   #8885
typsitch

BLM cofounder 5 years ago: "We actually do have an ideological framework. We are trained Marxists"

Old 06-21-2020, 10:47 AM   #8886
mario

[Only registered users can see links.] ...

A coordinated effort was underway on TikTok in the days leading up to Trump's Saturday rally, encouraging people to register online for the free event and not show up. TikTok is normally thought of as a platform for dancing teenagers and not, necessarily, political action.
Inspired users began posting videos showing they too registered for the event. Similar posts on Instagram and Twitter clocked up thousands of likes.One video, with more than a quarter of a million views, called on fans of South Korean pop music in particular to join the trolling campaign. Fans of the music, which is known as K-pop, are a force on social media -- they posted over 6 billion tweets last year alone. And they have a history of taking action for social justice causes.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
Old 06-25-2020, 06:38 AM   #8887
ggies
Sugar Will '04

I miss Jon...

ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:26 AM   #8888
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Yeah I just watched that whole segment this morning. A good watch with poignant ideas and always fun to see two old friends hangin out. I planned before seeing this to check out the movie this weekend. And as I said a few weeks ago, getting past the first 2 eps and really enjoying the rest of Space Force got me primed for some more Steve.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 06:05 AM   #8889
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Yeah I just watched that whole segment this morning. A good watch with poignant ideas and always fun to see two old friends hangin out. I planned before seeing this to check out the movie this weekend.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:25 AM   #8890
.Gary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Yeah I just watched that whole segment this morning. A good watch with poignant ideas and always fun to see two old friends hangin out. I planned before seeing this to check out the movie this weekend. And as I said a few weeks ago, getting past the first 2 eps and really enjoying the rest of Space Force got me primed for some more Steve.
I tried, I truly did.

Space Force is an absolute steaming pile of dogshit.
.Gary. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:10 AM   #8891
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Gary. View Post
I tried, I truly did.

Space Force is an absolute steaming pile of dogshit.
The Tawny Newsome and Jimmy Yang storyline was really really good.

Most of Malkovich was really good, but never really went anywhere.

The daughter, once they got over the Russia-boyfriend nonsense, also was mostly good and well acted.

Unfortunately, that is only about 30% of the show. They really needed to find a voice for the rest of the show besides the above; it just flopped around all over the place with no cohesion.

Quote:
Old 06-26-2020, 11:04 AM   #8892
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Whatever. I admit it took a few eps to catch fire for me, but I enjoyed it not sayin it’s my favorite show or anything.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 08:01 PM   #8893
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

NYC is an absolute wasteland. Yup, some of the outdoor dining places and parks are pretty crowded, but nowhere near normal. Times Square was basically empty yesterday. Black female police officers were huddled up complaining about how poorly theyve been treated. Union Square was overrun by packs of homeless, several of them cracked out.

My brother had an incident in the drug store this morning where a homeless man came in brandish a teapot and threatening people. The security guard ran away.

Liberal accomplishments. And it’s going to get much much worse.
Old 06-27-2020, 10:28 PM   #8894
3beamsoflight6

3beamsoflight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 01:28 PM   #8895
jeff1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
NYC is an absolute wasteland. Yup, some of the outdoor dining places and parks are pretty crowded, but nowhere near normal. Times Square was basically empty yesterday. Black female police officers were huddled up complaining about how poorly theyve been treated. Union Square was overrun by packs of homeless, several of them cracked out.

My brother had an incident in the drug store this morning where a homeless man came in brandish a teapot and threatening people. The security guard ran away.

Liberal accomplishments. And it’s going to get much much worse.
Union Square Park historically has a high number of cracked out homeless. It’s very close to Beth Israel (where I think they treat them with methidone)
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:31 PM   #8896
mario

Quote:
Old 07-01-2020, 02:16 PM   #8897
mario

Quote:
Old 07-02-2020, 12:45 PM   #8898
mario

[Only registered users can see links.]

According to a [Only registered users can see links.] by economists Troup Howard of the University of Utah and Carlos Avenancio-León of Indiana University obtained by [Only registered users can see links.] , Black-owned homes are more likely to be assessed at higher values relative to their sale price.

The economists assessed sales data for 118 million homes throughout the country over the past decade. In nearly every state, tax assessments were higher in areas with higher Black and Hispanic populations.

Combined, Black and Hispanic people pay 10 percent higher property taxes than white people. Researchers excluded California from the study because Proposition 13, passed in 1978, changed the way property is valued there compared to the rest of the country.

These inequities result in Black and Hispanic Americans paying more in taxes but historically having less access to public resources. Black and Hispanic Americans also earn lower wages on average, making high property taxes a larger financial burden.

Dorothy Brown, an Emory University law professor who researches systemic racism in tax policy, told the Post the study’s finding’s are not surprising.

“The structure of the property tax system operates to disadvantage Black Americans,” she said. “That’s how structural racism is. It’s built into the system. The property tax system itself discriminates against black Americans.”

Quote:
Old 07-05-2020, 06:16 AM   #8899
gweeps
homesick android

So it looks like Kayne West wants to take votes away from Trump?
Old 07-07-2020, 04:28 PM   #8900
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

3beamsofdouche, your private beach is featured

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc