Mersh

trying to push buttons again?
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:08 PM   #82
SoftMacho
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
if they were still playing 05 sets people wouldn't be negative about 05? I am not being an ass, I am just clarifying.
the fact that the shows they are playing right now are so much better than 05 means people will be more critical of 05 than they would otherwise be. it's easier to remember it as a shittier tour now that we have others that are much better. it's how the fanbase works.

regarding bsan's point about people not showing up if they were still playing 05 sets i don't think that would happen.
SoftMacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #83
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftMacho View Post
the fact that the shows they are playing right now are so much better than 05 means people will be more critical of 05 than they would otherwise be. it's easier to remember it as a shittier tour now that we have others that are much better. it's how the fanbase works.

regarding bsan's point about people not showing up if they were still playing 05 sets i don't think that would happen.
Well, I mean it only stands to reason that a better tour in which better material is being played will be viewed more favorably than a tour like 05. I don't think that is just how the fanbase works, I think that just makes sense. A good tour is better than a poor tour...05 was a poor tour. Unless you enjoy (not you specifically) SU material I guess.

I think he just meant that more people probably wouldn't be around discussing them...I agree with that. If we were still getting 05 sets and material 4 years later...
Old 07-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #84
SoftMacho
Moore Soul

Quote:
Well, I mean it only stands to reason that a better tour in which better material is being played will be viewed more favorably than a tour like 05. I don't think that is just how the fanbase works, I think that just makes sense. A good tour is better than a poor tour...05 was a poor tour. Unless you enjoy (not you specifically) SU material I guess.

I think he just meant that more people probably wouldn't be around discussing them...I agree with that. If we were still getting 05 sets and material 4 years later...
yeah i agree...i guess it's more of a matter of semantics. of course 09 > 05...i think what i was trying to get at was now that we have better tours, people will automatically dismiss tours that weren't as good as BAD, regardless of whether or not they were really bad or just not as good. that's what i was trying to get at with the context thing...for example if they were still playing 05 type sets, i think people would get used to it rather than calling the last 5 years of DMB bad
Old 07-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #85
ethaxton

TDCya

Whoever thought of that one...nice.
ethaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:23 PM   #86
Mersh

I am sure people will say it isn't true, but 4 years of 05 and I would have been out.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #87
SoftMacho
Moore Soul

Quote:
I am sure people will say it isn't true, but 4 years of 05 and I would have been out.
i believe you. i think others would say the same thing and probably not be telling the truth. i just think there are a lot of people who go for the social aspect of it now, more of a summer tradition, and as long as they threw in a couple of nancies, 41, twostep, etc. each show they'd still go. surely not as much as they do now, though, which would certainly change the dmb touring scene
Old 07-03-2009, 12:35 PM   #88
batleon

TDCya WJH

Moses, this thing with Bill is getting old
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:40 PM   #89
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
absolutely. just 2005 orginally counted me out for a few years. it took butch dropping out and tim coming on board for me to start taking an interest again last year. i'm glad i did.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #90
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftMacho View Post
i believe you. i think others would say the same thing and probably not be telling the truth. i just think there are a lot of people who go for the social aspect of it now, more of a summer tradition, and as long as they threw in a couple of nancies, 41, twostep, etc. each show they'd still go. surely not as much as they do now, though, which would certainly change the dmb touring scene
I thought bsan was talking about people on the boards, but fair enough.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #91
Moses
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
TDCya WJH

Moses, this thing with Bill is getting old
ok.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #92
Mersh

People post stuff like that all the time. It is kind of a given that it is the poster's opinion and not fact most of the time. I think you have to want to see it through the "word of god" lens to see it that way man.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #93
ethaxton

Some pretty slick edits around here lately
Old 07-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #94
Mersh

indeed

gotta use that quote feature...my post makes no sense now.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #95
Moses
TDCya

I didn't edit that. I don't know who did.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #96
Mersh

hmmm...I'm the only one on right now who could do that.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:22 PM   #97
ethaxton

Quote:
indeed

gotta use that quote feature...my post makes no sense now.
Fwiw, made sense to me
Old 07-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #98
Moses
TDCya

whatever man
Old 07-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #99
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos View Post
he's a douche. I can't give him a hard time? was what I said really that ridiculous to cause such an emotion from you or anyone else? I mean even a response to what I said wasn't necessary. I'm not trying to act like you are freaking out here, mersh, I respect you and the way you go about most shit. All I am saying is, can you just let me give him a hard time here and there? people did it to me because I was a douche. Bill is a mega douche, a 5'3 mega douche, so I can give him a hard time here and there.
I'm not getting emotional about it, I'm just saying I think you are looking for something that isn't there. Here and there seems more like all the time, but maybe a couple days ago is fresh in my mind. There are times when giving people a hard time can be warranted, but this just seemed like starting shit. I mean hell, I called the 05 tour bad...I am not speaking like god because I stated it as a fact, it is just an opinion. No one called what you said ridiculous.

As for him being a douche, I have never seen any evidence of it...maybe you have had a run in with him, but he always struck me as a good dude. I feel like anyone who runs afoul of you becomes a target.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #100
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos View Post
whatever man
I wasn't doubting you, just saying it is odd. Perhaps I can't see everyone the way I thought I could.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc