These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2020, 06:22 PM   #3381
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 17,110
Or, we could continue to do the stupidest things possible....


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I saw that healthcare workers in CO are blocking the cars from protesting.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:26 PM   #3382
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 17,110
Arizona just ordered Bars and Gyms to close once again as Shutdown Round 2 progresses.


Texas bar owners sued the governor to try to reopen.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I saw that healthcare workers in CO are blocking the cars from protesting.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:54 PM   #3383
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 17,110
I'm not posting about all the cancelled openings (there are many), just the new restrictions of things that had already reopened:





Delaware just shut down bars indefinitely in the areas around it's beaches.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I saw that healthcare workers in CO are blocking the cars from protesting.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:27 PM   #3384
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 17,110
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I saw that healthcare workers in CO are blocking the cars from protesting.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:21 PM   #3385
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 17,110
Colorado just shutdown all bars again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I saw that healthcare workers in CO are blocking the cars from protesting.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:18 AM   #3386
gweeps
homesick android
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 26,836
America First!

[Only registered users can see links.]
__________________
"If we do not believe in freedom of expression for those we despise we don't believe in it at all." ~ Noam Chomsky
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:19 AM   #3387
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 17,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
America First!

[Only registered users can see links.]
Things are going great, that's why the President just bought a half million doses of the drug used when a covid patient is in ICU to prevent organ failure from causing death.


Just a few hot spots here and there....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I saw that healthcare workers in CO are blocking the cars from protesting.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:01 AM   #3388
Josh.0
 
Josh.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,135
I'm on board with the bars shutting down, actually. I think bars with restaurants should continue to stay open, they've done a great job in Denver (lots of outdoor sidewalk/closed street seating).

But I have seen a lot of the Chad and Brittney type bars stuffing people in, some with lines outside, and just totally disregarding the common sense social distancing recommendations/guidelines. I don't feel for those places at all, but places like breweries and restaurants have done an awesome job spacing people out and using all the space that they can.
__________________
Sober Thoughts with Mario: A TDC+ Exclusive

Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Looking forward to two days from now when Josh and greykitkat argue that all we have to do is go outside at high noon, drop our pants, bend over, and spread our ass cheeks to be cured of Corona virus and that our refusal to agree is just identity politics sjw ignorance.
Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Donald Trump eats his own boogers.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:39 AM   #3389
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 17,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
I'm on board with the bars shutting down, actually. I think bars with restaurants should continue to stay open, they've done a great job in Denver (lots of outdoor sidewalk/closed street seating).

But I have seen a lot of the Chad and Brittney type bars stuffing people in, some with lines outside, and just totally disregarding the common sense social distancing recommendations/guidelines. I don't feel for those places at all, but places like breweries and restaurants have done an awesome job spacing people out and using all the space that they can.
The problem is enforcement, we just don't have that capacity.

If you play a little whack-a-mole like some places (eg Nashville) it just drives the patrons somewhere else.

And now breweries that were being responsible are forced into confrontations with customers who aren't being responsible.


I think the best answer is no on-premise alcohol consumption. It attracts a different crowd and keeps people from lingering around.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I saw that healthcare workers in CO are blocking the cars from protesting.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:52 AM   #3390
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 22,922
Maine has still not allowed ‘bars’ to open. Restaurants with bars can open, but not ‘bars.’ Though last weekend was a total shit show downtown at the waterfront with a bunch of twenty-somethings crowding streets and being drunk assholes. Restaurants with real adults have been being fine. I think they need to close everything at 9 or 10, but these kids will still congregate somewhere and spread this bitch. We had a few ‘day tripping’ massholes show up at the hospital who were positive. They were clearly staying here and did not follow the regulations.

A lot of talk about spikes across the country and the reasons, but I haven’t heard anything related to the protests. Is there any info on this yet? Or are they still not asking people? I only see people blaming idiot republicans governors and business owners? I’m certainly not saying that’s wrong, but curious about the covid fallout from the protests, if any.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:09 AM   #3391
gweeps
homesick android
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 26,836
Weren't a lot of people wearing masks? And they were outside.
__________________
"If we do not believe in freedom of expression for those we despise we don't believe in it at all." ~ Noam Chomsky
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:14 AM   #3392
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 17,110
Every article I've read that mentions protests says there's no evidence of protesters spreading the virus.

For example here's [Only registered users can see links.] :
"We did have a rally in Bellingham, which is our county seat, and there was also a protest, and we have not been able to connect a single case to that rally or to the protest, and what we're finding is in large part that's due to the use of masks," Erika Lautenbach, the director of the Whatcom County Health Department in Washington State, tells NPR's All Things Considered.
Philly today stated that most of the increased infections are being traced to young people sharing beach houses down the shore and socializing.



Turns out that months and months of lies about how there's no risk to young people emboldened them to ignore the virus.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I saw that healthcare workers in CO are blocking the cars from protesting.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:22 PM   #3393
DMBCLSTJ
 
DMBCLSTJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 5,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Every article I've read that mentions protests says there's no evidence of protesters spreading the virus.

For example here's [Only registered users can see links.] :
"We did have a rally in Bellingham, which is our county seat, and there was also a protest, and we have not been able to connect a single case to that rally or to the protest, and what we're finding is in large part that's due to the use of masks," Erika Lautenbach, the director of the Whatcom County Health Department in Washington State, tells NPR's All Things Considered.
Philly today stated that most of the increased infections are being traced to young people sharing beach houses down the shore and socializing.

Turns out that months and months of lies about how there's no risk to young people emboldened them to ignore the virus.
Not saying you're wrong, but its hard to believe that there wasn't a certain level of transmission with the protests. Considering the median age group that has recently been infected, along with the fact many weren't wearing face coverings and were in VERY close proximity to one another.
__________________
Originally Posted by Jayes
If he just lays down two full elbow chords loudly over the entirety of That Girl Is You, he wins the band.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:12 PM   #3394
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 17,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
Not saying you're wrong, but its hard to believe that there wasn't a certain level of transmission with the protests. Considering the median age group that has recently been infected, along with the fact many weren't wearing face coverings and were in VERY close proximity to one another.
I mean, you're comparing anecdotal observation to actual facts from contact tracing....

Since my post earlier, I read the [Only registered users can see links.] this in an article morning:
The virus spreads far more [Only registered users can see links.] indoors than outdoors, and close contact indoors is believed to be [Only registered users can see links.] [Only registered users can see links.] , epidemiologists say. [Only registered users can see links.] based on a review of 110 cases in Japan found that the odds of transmission were 18.7 times higher in closed environments — everything from fitness studios to tents — than in open-air environments. Another study involving a review of thousands of cases in China found [Only registered users can see links.] of outdoor transmission.
[...]
The virus [Only registered users can see links.] to be spread primarily through the virus-laden droplets emitted when a contagious person coughs, sneezes or talks. When outdoors, this virus-laden air is more [Only registered users can see links.] and carried away than it would be in a poorly ventilated room. Because a [Only registered users can see links.] is needed for an infectious dose, the dilution can make a significant difference, epidemiologists say.Another potential factor: Demonstrators were often on the move, marching at a brisk pace. That may have promoted dilution and also spaced people out from each other

And [Only registered users can see links.]
Now, some public health officials and disease trackers say there appears to be scant evidence the protests sparked widespread outbreaks. Others say that because many states reopened about the same time as the protests, and because of the limits of contact tracing, they simply can’t say for sure.
[...]
Absent a few positive tests among protesters announced here and there, the only major outbreak tied to protests happened in South Carolina, where organizers postponed demonstrations or moved them online after at least 13 people who took part in previous protests tested positive.
[...]
According to Minneapolis Department of Health spokesman Doug Schultz, more than 15,000 people were tested at centers the city set up in communities affected by the protests, and 1.7 percent of tests came back positive — below the statewide average of about 3.6 percent. Health systems in the area that tested thousands of people who attended the demonstrations returned positivity rates of less than 1 percent.
[...]
In Seattle; Portland, Ore.; and Oakland, Calif. — cities experiencing a coronavirus resurgence — officials have asked people testing positive whether they attended protests, and few said they had. Neetu Balram, a spokeswoman for Alameda County, which includes Oakland, said officials there figured they would have identified signs of a demonstration-related outbreak by now but haven’t.

The same is true in Seattle. Out of more than 1,000 positive tests in recent weeks, 34 of the people testing positive said they attended a protest or mass gathering since late May, according to King County Health Officer Jeff Duchin. Nearly 3,000 people who said they were at protests have been tested by the city, and fewer than 1 percent were positive, Duchin said.
[...]
Economists from the Center for Health Economics and Policy Studies recently used anonymous cellphone data from the company Safeguard and covid-19 data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to try to determine whether the protests spread the coronavirus.

The researchers explain [Only registered users can see links.] that they tracked more than 300 of the largest cities in the United States to see whether protests led to increased case numbers. They also used cellphone data to track social distancing in cities that held protests.

The paper found “no evidence that net COVID-19 case growth differentially rose following the onset of Black Lives Matter protests.”

The paper also concluded that, based on cellphone data, social distancing increased overall in cities that were home to protests — meaning so many more people stayed home in cities with protests that it canceled out the lack of social distancing by protesters.

But according to Dhaval Dave of Bentley University, an author of the paper, one shortcoming of the study is that it tracks covid-19 prevalence in a city’s entire population. In other words, the protests might have contributed to a rise in cases among certain demographic groups that didn’t manifest in broader data — once again blurring evidence and dulling the conclusions that can be drawn from it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I saw that healthcare workers in CO are blocking the cars from protesting.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 02:40 PM   #3395
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 22,922
Cool. That's good to hear
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:10 PM   #3396
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 17,110
Michigan just shutdown indoor bar service.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I saw that healthcare workers in CO are blocking the cars from protesting.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:25 PM   #3397
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 7,632
Indiana has delayed phase 5 for 2 weeks
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:34 PM   #3398
gweeps
homesick android
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 26,836
Dr. Michael Osterholm's recommendation of the day is find acceptable ways to live with this virus. Risk management. It's not going away anytime soon, but we don't have to let it control our lives. Respect its capabilities, but don't be paralyzed by them.

And stop politicizing issues of solidarity. Use anything that will help us cope with and mitigate the crisis. But physical distancing is still best for now.

And we still have a long road ahead of us.

[Only registered users can see links.]
__________________
"If we do not believe in freedom of expression for those we despise we don't believe in it at all." ~ Noam Chomsky

Last edited by gweeps; 07-02-2020 at 09:18 AM.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:02 PM   #3399
DMBCLSTJ
 
DMBCLSTJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 5,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Dr. Michael Osterholm's recommendation of the day is find acceptable ways to live with this virus. Risk management. It's not going away anytime soon, but we don't have to let it control our lives. Respect its capabilities, but don't be paralyzed by them.

And stop politicizing issues of solidarity. Use anything that will help us cope with and mitigate the crisis. But physical distancing is still best for now.

And we still have a long road ahead of us.
Well how about that, a balanced approach
__________________
Originally Posted by Jayes
If he just lays down two full elbow chords loudly over the entirety of That Girl Is You, he wins the band.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:19 PM   #3400
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 17,110
So, given the 14 day lag time in developing symptoms and then getting tested, Texas is pretty much a lost cause now.


[Only registered users can see links.]










Texas COVID patients in hospitals are up 57% in the past week to 6,904. That number is about 4.5X the 1,511 who were in Texas hospital beds on Memorial Day.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I saw that healthcare workers in CO are blocking the cars from protesting.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.07489 seconds with 18 queries