These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2020, 01:50 PM   #6021
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
I’m certain the Rockies owner didn’t want a season, so they leaked that right after the agreement came out.

Rockies have the third worst tv contract in baseball and won’t be able to sell tickets (they finished 6th in attendance last year).

I’m happy it’s back but I’m skeptical they’ll be able to finish the short season.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:11 PM   #6022
NiCK (Crush)

This just has bad news written all over it.

PGA commissionner had to make a statement today because a player and two caddies tested positive... and golf is supposed to be the "safe" one.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:20 AM   #6023
Mitch

Yeah, I'd love to see any kind of baseball we can get, but with all these COVID flare-ups around the country and stuff, I can see this thing unraveling before it even really begins.
Have they said what number or rate of infections (players, etc) they are willing to tolerate before pulling the plug?
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:11 AM   #6024
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

I haven’t heard that, Mitch. And I think there’s a lot of immunocompromised mlb guys - also their kids, wives, parents, etc. i just don’t think they’re going to be able to get a season in.

If golf is getting positive cases. MLB is screwed.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:09 AM   #6025
greykitkat36

I really thought they would have kept the sites where they are playing relatively low, maybe only like 3-5 stadiums, but it looks they want to keep things as is. I think if they could isolate all teams in the same state, make them stay in the same hotels the whole time, it could be done, but you're asking players to be away from their families for 2-3 months, and a lot won't do it.

The thing that annoys me is that the owners I don't think care if there is a season, in all honesty they end up losing a lot less money if they cancel the season and don't have to pay the players at all. So I don't see them really pushing and pressing for it to happen.
Old 06-26-2020, 08:43 AM   #6026
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

I agree. And we know where I stand on owners

This is a really bad precursor to the CBA expiring after next season (2021). There will be a labor conflict and it will result in lost games. It’s going to be ugly. Worse than 94? I hope not....
Old 06-27-2020, 01:55 AM   #6027
NiCK (Crush)

I don't understand this. It seems like daily a team is announcing COVID cases within the organization.

Remember when COVID was the reason the season didn't start? And now they've just decided it's fine despite multiple players having it, getting it and spreading it?

How are we fucking this up so badly? It's worse than it ever was after an almost 3 month shutdown.

I love baseball, I miss baseball, but this is fucking dumb.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:41 AM   #6028
ThememanXX
I've gotta make a destination.

Yep, all the sports leagues (and pro wrestling) need to shut it down. Where Jon Taffer?
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 09:23 AM   #6029
jeff1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
I don't understand this. It seems like daily a team is announcing COVID cases within the organization.

Remember when COVID was the reason the season didn't start? And now they've just decided it's fine despite multiple players having it, getting it and spreading it?

How are we fucking this up so badly? It's worse than it ever was after an almost 3 month shutdown.

I love baseball, I miss baseball, but this is fucking dumb.
baseball is mimicking the rest of the country. open up the beaches, water parks, malls etc because fat americans demand it. cases will go up until a vaccine.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 03:30 PM   #6030
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1818 View Post
baseball is mimicking the rest of the country. open up the beaches, water parks, malls etc because fat americans demand it. cases will go up until a vaccine.

Santa Cruz County gave up trying to enforce the beach closures. So they decided to open up the beaches.

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 06-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #6031
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Minor league officially cancelled for the year
Old 07-04-2020, 12:19 AM   #6032
NiCK (Crush)

I may have to get used to rooting for a different team name soon.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:24 AM   #6033
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
I may have to get used to rooting for a different team name soon.
I wonder if Kansas City is considering a name change to? Or at least a logo change? Same goes with Florida State. Are they considering a change?
Old 07-04-2020, 11:30 AM   #6034
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
I wonder if Kansas City is considering a name change to? Or at least a logo change? Same goes with Florida State. Are they considering a change?
I think they should let the Native Americans decide that, and not an overly sensitive white PC mob. Redskins and Chief Wahoo are clearly racist, and those should be moved on from imho, but the other names arenít necessarily negative (but you can certainly argue the tomahawk chop etc are) and if the Seminoles, Sioux etc are fine with them, why do they need to be changed? If they want them changed, then change them asap imho.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:54 AM   #6035
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

9 out of 10 NAs don't find Redskins offensive either. Generally speaking, it does raise the question of what percentage of a group is required to enforce change within that group? Assuming that majority is too high a bar to reach to ensure minority voices are heard, where should the line be drawn? Is 10% really enough? 5%? 1%? 1 in a million?
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:14 PM   #6036
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Feeling that the character presented an offensive Mexican stereotype, Cartoon Network shelved Speedy's films when it gained exclusive rights to broadcast them in 1999 (as a subsidiary of Time Warner, Cartoon Network is a corporate sibling to Warner Bros.). In an interview with Fox News on March 28, 2002, Cartoon Network spokeswoman Laurie Goldberg commented, "It hasn't been on the air for years because of its ethnic stereotypes."[6]

Despite such controversy over potentially offensive characterizations, Speedy Gonzales remained a popular character in Latin America.[6] The Hispanic-American rights organization League of United Latin American Citizens called Speedy a cultural icon, and thousands of users registered their support of the character on the hispaniconline.com message boards. Fan campaigns to put Speedy back on the air resulted in the return of the animated shorts to Cartoon Network in 2002.[7]

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc