These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2017, 08:16 AM   #221
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
I choose 10.02.04. One of my favorite shows from that era and one of the shows I really hope gets released one day. My favorite GGT among many other things.

awesome choice! I'll start listening to this one at work today. I'll update the first post too.

Also, can someone show me how to change the thread title as well?
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 06:39 PM   #222
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

I just started listening to this one during my 2 hour drive to my mom's house. I'm loving it so far. It's been many years since I listened to this one.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:51 AM   #223
Mike VDH
Can we check the tweets Craig?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
awesome choice! I'll start listening to this one at work today. I'll update the first post too.

Also, can someone show me how to change the thread title as well?
Only mods can update thread titles, I think. Just did it for ya.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:01 PM   #224
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike VDH View Post
Only mods can update thread titles, I think. Just did it for ya.

thank you
Old 12-26-2017, 04:08 PM   #225
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Dave Matthews Band
Ervin J. Nutter Center
Dayton, OH

1. So Much to Say --> ASTB --> PNP --> Rapunzel - I have always loved this segue. It's very energetic and an awesome way to kickoff a show!
2. Best of What's Around - Wow! What an amazing follow-up. BOWA is always an amazing choice. This show is starting off great!
3. What Would You Say - The energy keeps on going
4. Rhyme & Reason - Man oh Man! What a set!
5. Good Good Time - Great improv lyrics, but a few rough falsettos.
6. Hello Again - Wow interesting mess up at the beginning there. This particular performance was slowed down as well. Not my favorite version to be honest, considering the intro was left out as well.
7. Grey Street - Standard, but it kept the energy going still. How is the band not tired yet
8. Sugar Will - Awesome version! I miss the 2004 Sugar Wills.
9. Joy Ride - I always liked this song. The 2004 versions, as expected, were the best.
10. Warehouse - Always an awesome choice. Roi was great on this one!
11. Lie In Our Graves - Great version! Boyd, Carter, and Roi were all in sync on this one. Awesome jam.
12. Cry Freedom - This song is always a treat to get. Another great solo by Roi.
13. Too Much - What! Yea! Ok!

Encore:

14. The Stone - Very cool song choice to start off the encore. Great performance.
15. Ants Marching - Nice segue into this one. Major lyrical flubs during the second verse

All in all, this was a very fun show to listen to. The set list was outstanding (one energetic song after another) and you couldn't really ask for better song choices. The band seemed like they were having a lot of fun up there. My only complaints are that "GGT" and "Hello Again" weren't the best performances of those songs, as there were better versions during the summer tour. There were some sloppy moments during the show too. However, it was a lot of fun listening to this show and I enjoyed it.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:19 PM   #226
JimBeam41

In this 10/2/04 Sugar Will, Fonz teases a song starting around 1:30 into the song. I can’t think of what it is, anybody know?
Old 12-27-2017, 01:13 PM   #227
Jfaspen
Burnin Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
In this 10/2/04 Sugar Will, Fonz teases a song starting around 1:30 into the song. I can’t think of what it is, anybody know?
About a day before this show.. I got a message from Huff saying he had an extra 10th row ticket available. Drove down from Michigan.. Met him and his boss. Saw the fantastic show and drove back home.

One of the better experiences I had during the time I was very into DMB.
No Referrals needed, complete free trials and get free stuff

http://www.trialclix.com/index.asp?refID=65464
Jfaspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:52 PM   #228
celluloid hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfaspen View Post
About a day before this show.. I got a message from Huff saying he had an extra 10th row ticket available. Drove down from Michigan.. Met him and his boss. Saw the fantastic show and drove back home.
What the fuck, Huff? I know Iíve never been at the top of your list, but still?
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 09:00 PM   #229
greykitkat36

Quote:
Dave Matthews Band
Ervin J. Nutter Center
Dayton, OH

1. So Much to Say --> ASTB --> PNP --> Rapunzel - I have always loved this segue. It's very energetic and an awesome way to kickoff a show!
2. Best of What's Around - Wow! What an amazing follow-up. BOWA is always an amazing choice. This show is starting off great!
3. What Would You Say - The energy keeps on going
4. Rhyme & Reason - Man oh Man! What a set!
5. Good Good Time - Great improv lyrics, but a few rough falsettos.
6. Hello Again - Wow interesting mess up at the beginning there. This particular performance was slowed down as well. Not my favorite version to be honest, considering the intro was left out as well.
7. Grey Street - Standard, but it kept the energy going still. How is the band not tired yet
8. Sugar Will - Awesome version! I miss the 2004 Sugar Wills.
9. Joy Ride - I always liked this song. The 2004 versions, as expected, were the best.
10. Warehouse - Always an awesome choice. Roi was great on this one!
11. Lie In Our Graves - Great version! Boyd, Carter, and Roi were all in sync on this one. Awesome jam.
12. Cry Freedom - This song is always a treat to get. Another great solo by Roi.
13. Too Much - What! Yea! Ok!

Encore:

14. The Stone - Very cool song choice to start off the encore. Great performance.
15. Ants Marching - Nice segue into this one. Major lyrical flubs during the second verse

All in all, this was a very fun show to listen to. The set list was outstanding (one energetic song after another) and you couldn't really ask for better song choices. The band seemed like they were having a lot of fun up there. My only complaints are that "GGT" and "Hello Again" weren't the best performances of those songs, as there were better versions during the summer tour. There were some sloppy moments during the show too. However, it was a lot of fun listening to this show and I enjoyed it.

Great review. Itís one of those shows that proves it doesnít have to be rediculoisly tight and perfect performance wise to be an amazing show. The band was loose, having a good time and feeling it and the setlist is about as good as it gets. Even Cry Freedom which was way more rare back then. Surprised that you donít like this GGT itís without a doubt my favorite oneóDave nails the improv. There may have been ones he sang better but I thought lyrically and delivery wise he nailed it.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:11 PM   #230
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Great review. It’s one of those shows that proves it doesn’t have to be rediculoisly tight and perfect performance wise to be an amazing show. The band was loose, having a good time and feeling it and the setlist is about as good as it gets. Even Cry Freedom which was way more rare back then. Surprised that you don’t like this GGT it’s without a doubt my favorite one—Dave nails the improv. There may have been ones he sang better but I thought lyrically and delivery wise he nailed it.

I'll listen to GGT again, but with headphones on this time. I was listened to the show in my car and I didn't hear all the nuances on this song. I'll give it another listen
Old 12-28-2017, 01:10 AM   #231
Mike VDH
Can we check the tweets Craig?

Quote:
Great review. Itís one of those shows that proves it doesnít have to be rediculoisly tight and perfect performance wise to be an amazing show. The band was loose, having a good time and feeling it and the setlist is about as good as it gets. Even Cry Freedom which was way more rare back then. Surprised that you donít like this GGT itís without a doubt my favorite oneóDave nails the improv. There may have been ones he sang better but I thought lyrically and delivery wise he nailed it.
For the record, Cry Freedom is just as rare, if not more rare today than it was back then.

15 total full band plays from 2005 until today. (13 years)
33 total full band plays in 2003 and 2004, including this version.
8 total full band plays from 1997 through 2002. (7 years)

I'd say it's still one of the most rare studio songs in the catalog, sans the Everyday stuff and Last Stop. I put it in the same rare category as Busted Stuff and Kit Kat Jam.
Old 12-30-2017, 01:08 AM   #232
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike VDH View Post
For the record, Cry Freedom is just as rare, if not more rare today than it was back then.

15 total full band plays from 2005 until today. (13 years)
33 total full band plays in 2003 and 2004, including this version.
8 total full band plays from 1997 through 2002. (7 years)

I'd say it's still one of the most rare studio songs in the catalog, sans the Everyday stuff and Last Stop. I put it in the same rare category as Busted Stuff and Kit Kat Jam.
Thanks didnít realize. It feels to me like itís been played more recently af last the couple years more so. But either way, agreed definitely a super rare one to get.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:56 PM   #233
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Does anyone still need more time listening to this show?
Old 01-02-2018, 04:54 PM   #234
Huff
The Original Tracklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfaspen View Post

One of the better experiences I had during the time I was very into DMB.
point of clarity - you only met me (and another friend who happened to be there as well). My boss bailing is how you got the last second ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
What the fuck, Huff? I know Iíve never been at the top of your list, but still?
It was all timing. My boss at the time bailed last second and it just happened that jfaspen was posting that he'd wanted to go, but didn't have a ticket. I'd known him since amdm days and the timing was just a one-two punch. Had I known that you didn't have a ticket (or had a worse ticket), I'd have gone with the option of having someone to drive up and back with if I didn't see his post almost dead on the moment I found out my boss had bailed.

Operation Halloween 2008 = SUCCESS
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:04 PM   #235
Huff
The Original Tracklist

As for the show itself...that was a damn good show. I'll have to throw it on tonight for a listen. I miss those 04 Sugar Will & Joyrides.

Operation Halloween 2008 = SUCCESS
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:34 AM   #236
terrapin24

Great show. Wish I caught one of these VFC shows.
terrapin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:38 PM   #237
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Do we want to start a new one today? Sean, would you like to choose this time? If not, anybody else?
Old 01-09-2018, 05:48 PM   #238
celluloid hero

Quote:
Do we want to start a new one today? Sean, would you like to choose this time? If not, anybody else?
I'm going to listen to a Summer 1998 in the next few days. If no one has one, I can pass it along when I decide. I'm between 3. We hit '98s occasionally, and just did Worcester, but no Summer shows yet.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:56 PM   #239
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Didn’t mind 7/31/98 my last time through. Solid show start to finish.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:31 AM   #240
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

It's up to you guys. 7.31.98 or another show?

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc