These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2017, 06:05 PM   #81
Bluewater34
Is Old

Yeah, for that kind of package, high quality vinyl, limited run, $175 is well inside the expected range. I paid $135 for The Long Goodbye by LCD Soundsystem. Same number of LPs, same vinyl weight, similar quality package, no book.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:15 PM   #82
celluloid hero

It's also a really quick turnaround on shipping. So nice that it ships this month and don't have to wait 6 or 7 weeks. They must have gotten all of them in before announcing it. With the delays they've had with vinyl, this is much appreciated. Granted Ill believe it when I have my mitts on it, but hopefully a smoother QA this time around.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:21 PM   #83
Mersh

Not sure about all he picks and some weird choices for the lames on this thing, but overall nice effort/interesting comp. Surprised no other format options. Seems like this will be pretty flippable.

When I saw the email thought I'd finally get that 12.5.98 Last Stop.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:22 PM   #84
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Yeah, for that kind of package, high quality vinyl, limited run, $175 is well inside the expected range. I paid $135 for The Long Goodbye by LCD Soundsystem. Same number of LPs, same vinyl weight, similar quality package, no book.
Also, you get a discount when you buy stuff through WH, no? 5% isn't much, but ~165 for this package isn't a gouge.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:24 PM   #85
Mersh

Curious to know if the book is actually decent or if it like a handful of pages with shots from like 4 shows.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:32 PM   #86
gweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaltons View Post
Still hope someday Don't Fear the Reaper and Runnin Down A Dream will get released.
Here's the best we have for now: [Only registered users can see links.]

And here's the version of DFTR they did from 2011: [Only registered users can see links.]
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:38 PM   #87
NiCK Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Curious to know if the book is actually decent or if it like a handful of pages with shots from like 4 shows.
It sounds like it's going to be all the art featured at the CVille 25th anniversary gallery - which had alot of really great stuff featured.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:09 PM   #88
SeekUpAB

Absolute nonsense that this is only on vinyl. I also don't have a record player but of course I bought it. Kind of casually scanned the list so far but nothing super exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
I say go for it. They will sell out and you can always flip if you have regrets.
I find this hilarious.
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:38 PM   #89
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
That What You Are has Lying in the Hands of God lyrics in the intro, about a year before BW came out. Cool version.
Oh shit, that IS cool
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:49 PM   #90
NiCK Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekUpAB View Post

I find this hilarious.
Why?
Old 07-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #91
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

That What You Are is *the* version, they should've used that Bartender too with Roi on the oboe. I have a feeling Bartender 4/7/02 will be underwhelming. But hot damn...most of these selections are bang on, this was obviously done for real fans.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:46 PM   #92
Christopher James

Bartender 4.7.02 worth the price of admission alone, but ridiculous it's on vinyl only, obviously. Another dumb decision by DMB management.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:24 PM   #93
Poth Ead
Stay boring my friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
When I saw the email thought I'd finally get that 12.5.98 Last Stop.
Seriously I scanned the track list quick for the same thing. Disappointing but hopefully we get the full show.

I think the first thing that really caught my eye was the Bartender pick and then back to that KKJ.
Poth Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:29 PM   #94
SomeDevil17

Not to get off topic again but that 6-11 toy soldiers is so good. Something beautiful about the sparseness of the song, Dave singing and Boyd's plucking combined but it just had some emotion to it that makes it feel so genuine.
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:38 PM   #95
imjustchillin

NICE! I hope this makes it outside WH release so I have a chance. Most stoked about side H, shows #30, #57, and #3 for me.
imjustchillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:01 PM   #96
Tomacco

All the people complaining about this only being on vinyl... whatever. Finally DMB does something incredibly modern (considering the resurgence of vinyl is a very very modern thing), with a tracklist exclusively for hardcore fans. Beats the hell out of WH discs. I love the idea that I can listen to this on vinyl for the first time fresh, with no other way to listen. Love vinyl exclusives, and this is infinitely better than any Record Store Day exclusive I can think of.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:27 PM   #97
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
All the people complaining about this only being on vinyl... whatever. Finally DMB does something incredibly modern (considering the resurgence of vinyl is a very very modern thing), with a tracklist exclusively for hardcore fans. Beats the hell out of WH discs. I love the idea that I can listen to this on vinyl for the first time fresh, with no other way to listen. Love vinyl exclusives, and this is infinitely better than any Record Store Day exclusive I can think of.
I agree. I wonder why it took a year for them to get it out and it's still not even ready. They said they had "production issues." I wonder if that's just marketing BS or they had something even bigger planned. I'd think if the original plans were only 2500, they would've numbered 'em.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:09 AM   #98
greykitkat36

This is a really great and cool idea, glad they did this...but I have to say I'm not on board with most of the selections. 4.7.02 Bartender is the only one I truly understand why it's on there...though I was hoping for the 08.19.08 version personally. Everything else seems fairly random. I'm looking forward the most to hearing SBDs of stuff we don't have like Doobie Thing, Falling Off The Roof, Break For It.

I would have liked to see some soundchecks or unreleased Studio tracks added on this as a bonus disc with a pre-order or something, especially for the price. Seems like a lot of money for just standard versions of songs. They aren't terrible song selections, but just not what I would have expected from a "BEST OF 25 YEARS". So many seriously amazing, no brainer performances left off the list.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:07 AM   #99
MidwestDrummer
Show some respect, bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
All the people complaining about this only being on vinyl... whatever.
I mean, this completely alienates a fan such as myself, who doesn't collect vinyl and has absolutely no intention of purchasing a turntable at any point. I have absolutely nothing against a vinyl release or people that like having that purchase option, but I really hope that other options *cough*digital*cough* are made available at some point. If not, I'll likely resort to hoping that someone rips it and posts a torrent somewhere.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:40 AM   #100
kramer73
Reynolds-style

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
I mean, this completely alienates a fan such as myself, who doesn't collect vinyl and has absolutely no intention of purchasing a turntable at any point. I have absolutely nothing against a vinyl release or people that like having that purchase option, but I really hope that other options *cough*digital*cough* are made available at some point. If not, I'll likely resort to hoping that someone rips it and posts a torrent somewhere.
Rest assured, this will be ripped and torrented.
kramer73 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc