JTR
You Never Know
Toy Soldiers > Warehouse
Busted Stuff
Raven
Poth Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #682
NiCK Crush

You Never Know is so close for me. Love this version. Probably tied with Raven.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:02 PM   #683
soright05

Can someone upload the 6/20/2003 kkj?
soright05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:20 PM   #684
gweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by soright05 View Post
Can someone upload the 6/20/2003 kkj?
[Only registered users can see links.]
gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:41 PM   #685
dmb448

I have listened to a few songs on this so far and I really love what I have heard. Great compilation! More 2000-2004 releases please Warehouse!!
dmb448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:57 PM   #686
nitronick

First listen of the vinyl and I'm only 3 songs in (Seek Up, JTR, and YNK). I gotta say this is probably the first time in a year I've listened to live DMB and it's sounding so damn good. Very happy thus far.
nitronick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:06 PM   #687
NiCK Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitronick View Post
First listen of the vinyl and I'm only 3 songs in (Seek Up, JTR, and YNK). I gotta say this is probably the first time in a year I've listened to live DMB and it's sounding so damn good. Very happy thus far.
Good seeing you around. Yea, that first side is so fucking strong. Great way to start the release.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:13 PM   #688
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
You Never Know is so close for me. Love this version. Probably tied with Raven.
It's a superb performance. Dave, Carter, everyone. Butch sounds great on the ending as well.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:17 PM   #689
soright05

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
[Only registered users can see links.]

Awesome! Thanks
soright05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:04 AM   #690
dmblaststop

Even though KKJ isn't the best version, love where everything sits in the mix. On so many live recordings with Butch, he was usually on top of Dave's guitar. So it's good to hear the guitar and the keys balanced.

On all the tracks I've listened to so far, they remind me how solid Stefan is and all the little things he does that you don't notice live or in the AUD's.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:21 AM   #691
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmblaststop View Post
Even though KKJ isn't the best version, love where everything sits in the mix. On so many live recordings with Butch, he was usually on top of Dave's guitar. So it's good to hear the guitar and the keys balanced.

On all the tracks I've listened to so far, they remind me how solid Stefan is and all the little things he does that you don't notice live or in the AUD's.
Stefan kills it on Doobie Thing especially. He's also turned way up on that track, which helps. I kinda wish he were turned up more often like that.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:24 AM   #692
dmblaststop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Stefan kills it on Doobie Thing especially. He's also turned way up on that track, which helps. I kinda wish he were turned up more often like that.
didn't make it that far this morning but will listen tonight
Old 08-11-2017, 10:26 AM   #693
Tomacco

I just got my vinyls. Excited to listen through.
I think it's kind of funny how probably 2% of people who have listened to this actually heard it on vinyl.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:50 AM   #694
FERRALL
I'm just trying to party.

Quote:
I just got my vinyls. Excited to listen through.
I think it's kind of funny how probably 2% of people who have listened to this actually heard it on vinyl.
It sounds so nice on vinyl though
FERRALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:15 AM   #695
mrpeters
Lock it away inside myself...

Did my 24/96 rip last night, just have to do the last side tonight. Will be trying to get it sliced up and ready to enjoy over the weekend.

mrpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:13 PM   #696
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeters View Post
Did my 24/96 rip last night, just have to do the last side tonight. Will be trying to get it sliced up and ready to enjoy over the weekend.

Any chance you'll be doing a FLAC file combination of the Doobie Thing with the Ants from the WH disc? I think that would be phenomenal and really hope someone with the skills does it.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:22 PM   #697
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

So my vinyl package is sitting at my in-laws house for the past week and a half now (recently moved and 90% of my belongings, including my record player and vinyl collection, are in their basement). I should finally be getting down there after this weekend. I can't wait to finally listen to this thing.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:48 PM   #698
Tomacco

Specific versions aside, I think the main reason I'm enjoying this so much is the song selection. There's barely any overplayed songs to be found. Unlike the WH discs, this selection of songs includes a bunch of my favorite rarities (YNK, JTR, doobie, Raven, ADSR, IBYU, KKJ, 34). There's songs I don't love but are at least fresh to listen to (Falling off the Roof, Break for It, Shotgun). There's a few favorites of mine that do get played a lot but which I love and are great versions (BEF > Granny, Snow Outside, Seek Up, DDTW, Warehouse, Bartender).

Honestly, the most boring side of this collection for me is the one with Say Bye and #41. Both are just standard old performances, and it's hard to overlook the fact that 41 specifically has so many insanely good versions out there that could've been picked instead. (Also I think 3.0 Say Bye is better). R&R is also a throwaway for me, but I like the LITHOG version of WYA on that side which helps.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:47 AM   #699
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

Quote:
Specific versions aside, I think the main reason I'm enjoying this so much is the song selection. There's barely any overplayed songs to be found. Unlike the WH discs, this selection of songs includes a bunch of my favorite rarities (YNK, JTR, doobie, Raven, ADSR, IBYU, KKJ, 34). There's songs I don't love but are at least fresh to listen to (Falling off the Roof, Break for It, Shotgun). There's a few favorites of mine that do get played a lot but which I love and are great versions (BEF > Granny, Snow Outside, Seek Up, DDTW, Warehouse, Bartender).

Honestly, the most boring side of this collection for me is the one with Say Bye and #41. Both are just standard old performances, and it's hard to overlook the fact that 41 specifically has so many insanely good versions out there that could've been picked instead. (Also I think 3.0 Say Bye is better). R&R is also a throwaway for me, but I like the LITHOG version of WYA on that side which helps.
Totally agree with the freshness of hearing ADSR, Falling off the Roof, Toy Soldiers, Doobie Thing, & Break For It on an official release, anytime I can get my hands on rarities like those I'm happy.

Whoever said the 2000-2004 picks were nailed made a great point - LWS/BS songs are incredibly represented here - JTR, Busted Stuff, Raven, Bartender, KKJ, and YNK. BEF too, though it's a 3.0. There's a few signature versions in there. Also the 2000 versions of Stone and LLD are excellent.

I was a little disappointed by this Say Goodbye, I remembered it being better. A 3.0 version like Gorge '11 or Alpine '10 would have been sweet, even though I heavily prefer non-3.0 versions, those ones are both exploratory and great.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #700
mrpeters
Lock it away inside myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Any chance you'll be doing a FLAC file combination of the Doobie Thing with the Ants from the WH disc? I think that would be phenomenal and really hope someone with the skills does it.
Didn't realize they were from the same show. Yeah, I could do that.

Which WH disc is it on? I'll do my best to match the levels and blend them.

Caught a bit of dust during Say Goodbye side of that disc so need to re-rip that. Otherwise, very happy with how it came out. I don't know if it's significantly better than what is already out there, but I'm pretty sure what has been spread so far are USB transfers. I was pretty happy with the quality of that transfer, but I'll leave it up to others to decide. I'm sure someone with even better equipment than me could do an even better transfer. That's kind of the downside to only having an analog source.
mrpeters is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc