These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2017, 04:27 PM   #81
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
That Sugar Wil with Jimmy Herring would have been... sweet.
Dave believes it was.... good.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:20 PM   #82
greppson
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
Is this now 4 released tracks from 7/30/05? That seems like a lot.
gotta get people psyched for the caravans as i imagine it might be a thought on how DMB could tour in the future...

greppson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:31 PM   #83
dmb2much40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeters View Post
Would have been nice to get the new songs from the past 2 summers, but that's just my opinion. People People is cool but I'm more interested in good versions of Bob Law, Samurai, Bismarck, reworked Sugar Will, etc.
I'm surprised there weren't any new songs given how much they've been playing them.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:29 PM   #84
willndmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I don't know. I've allays enjoyed the music to dreamgirl. If the song had good lyrics it would be loved imho.
That's true, they don't have many songs that the music sucks. Its generally the lyrics can't keep up/drag it down

That d&t version is pretty solid though
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:40 PM   #85
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I don't know. I've allays enjoyed the music to dreamgirl. If the song had good lyrics it would be loved imho.

I could see it. This pretty much rings true for alot of songs the band has written and performed over the last 10+ years. another example comes to mind...Gaucho is a pretty awesome classic riff that is totally destroyed by awful, blatant lyrics.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:06 AM   #86
crazycreep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeters View Post
Would have been nice to get the new songs from the past 2 summers, but that's just my opinion. People People is cool but I'm more interested in good versions of Bob Law, Samurai, Bismarck, reworked Sugar Will, etc.
The reworked crazy easy would have been nice as well
Old 03-28-2017, 05:06 PM   #87
Poth Ead
Stay boring my friends...

wtf

not a fan
Poth Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:14 PM   #88
gweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycreep View Post
The reworked crazy easy would have been nice as well
[Only registered users can see links.]
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:16 PM   #89
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
That is such a nice performance.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:58 PM   #90
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
That is such a nice performance.
The verses in the reworked version are nice, but the transition out of the verses were really weird and the flow hit a brick wall. I don't know if I'm explaining it right, but there is just something off with the 2013 versions. Also, Boyd made that chorus and he wasn't existent on those versions. I'm glad that they brought the song back, as it definitely was my favorite 2004 song, but it just felt neutered. The song lost its soul, along with "Sugar Will" and "Good Good Time".
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:40 AM   #91
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
The verses in the reworked version are nice, but the transition out of the verses were really weird and the flow hit a brick wall. I don't know if I'm explaining it right, but there is just something off with the 2013 versions. Also, Boyd made that chorus and he wasn't existent on those versions. I'm glad that they brought the song back, as it definitely was my favorite 2004 song, but it just felt neutered. The song lost its soul, along with "Sugar Will" and "Good Good Time".
Totally agreed. Just re-listened to that 2013 version...it's actually a lot worse than I thought. Sloppy, Dave's voice is struggling, Boyd is kind of non-existent. Jeff really does an awesome job though, he needs to be doing that kind of stuff throughout everything..that was so Roi-like of him. That's definitely a huge part of the vibe that's missing from 3.0 for sure. I like what Tim did on this too, and I enjoy the horn line added.

My biggest quip with this version is that its WAY TOO FAST. I mean lightning fast. For a guy pushing old age like Carter, he sure as hell is playing shit fast as hell...much faster than he has in a long time. He's almost at 1994/1995 speed on this. But that's not a good thing for this song, it sounded much better slower and jazzier in 2004. Not surprised Dave's having trouble keeping up and improv-ing at this tempo, it's insane.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:22 AM   #92
Tomacco

I can't remember which version it is, but the Crazy Easy from 2013 they posted on the official YouTube page as a Summer WarmUp video I really like.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:52 PM   #93
crazycreep

Quote:
Thanks man that's awesome....didn't know about this
Old 03-29-2017, 06:57 PM   #94
crazycreep

Quote:
So right about the 04 songs losing their soul....the sugar wills were so hypnotic....and the good good times are amongst my fav songs period....shame they couldn't pull together an album from that material...was an exciting tour to witness, almost as good as 00
Old 03-29-2017, 07:11 PM   #95
Tomacco

Quote:
So right about the 04 songs losing their soul....the sugar wills were so hypnotic....and the good good times are amongst my fav songs period....shame they couldn't pull together an album from that material...was an exciting tour to witness, almost as good as 00
The 04 songs lost LeRoi. And for many, that is the band's "soul."
It's definitely noticeable on GGT and Sugar Will, I will say that much. I think Coffin does great on Crazy Easy. I don't agree that song got worse. In fact, I wish like hell they would play it more.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:26 AM   #96
greykitkat36

Quote:
There's mostl likely multiple studio takes of all these songs from different sessions. It was pretty much confirmed they worked on Sugar Will both with Batson and Cavallo. And based on how Sugar Will, Crazy Easy were "reworked" shows that they were at least working on them either to record or because they had recorded them. Especially those songs I have no doubt they recorded them, they are way too "finished" sounding since 2013 so I think most likely they exist.

Seems like this new Cavallo album they've been working on possibly as far back as 2013 which would be nuts. They could have 35-40 songs they've been toying with, well never know.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:22 AM   #97
SomeDevil17

They had like over 50 for stand up, I'm still waiting on the double album Stand Up Pt 2 that they were gonna release
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:54 AM   #98
Bluewater34
Is Old

The thought of material that wasn't good enough to make the cut for Stand Up is terrifying. I sincerely hope that stuff never sees the light of day.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:10 AM   #99
patsfan39

Quote:
I think this is one of the few songs that are better in DMB 3.0. The song sounds great now, in fact i didnt enjoy any of the 04 versions of the song so this is what turned me on to it. I love jeff's solo on this now, i just thought with LeRoi it meandered too much. one of the few, almost reminds me of Bismark now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Hey! This has already been addressed here by others. No dancing! You will sit quietly in your seat throughout the performance!
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:49 AM   #100
.Gary.

People still waste money on WH?
.Gary. is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc