These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2016, 03:37 PM   #21
JustinC

lol People mad that Rashford made the England 26-Man squad. Not like he will be part of the 23-Man final squad unless there's an injury. But at least this will get him some experience with the England national team in those warm-up matches.
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:42 PM   #22
The Godfather
#COYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
Yup. I'm confident they'll get past Indy Jr. tomorrow night -- I'll be at the match. Don't know how big the crowd will be -- we did 23,000 on Saturday, but this is midweek with school still in session and a crap forecast. Hopefully at least the supporters section will be up for it.

I'm surprised a bigger deal isn't made over the US Open Cup. It's a really cool concept and I'd think it would be a big hit if some of these matches were at least shown online.
I think you'll get past Indy as well. Impressive attendance man. We only get 4000-6000 a game down here.

It'll be cool to see if you guys travel. If anyone does we got friendly fans down here.
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 03:45 PM   #23
JustinC

Klopp's cup final record takes another hit.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:02 PM   #24
The Godfather
#COYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
Klopp's cup final record takes another hit.
He ran into a buzzsaw named Sevilla. Sevilla IS that good.

Great for Spanish futbol
Old 05-19-2016, 10:43 AM   #25
usfice6
Shut up Sven!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
He ran into a buzzsaw named Sevilla. Sevilla IS that good.

Great for Spanish futbol
If they were THAT good, they would be in the Champions League final and not the Europa League final. Don't get me wrong, it's an incredible achievement to win it 3x in a row, but they are still a second tier European team.

Can't believe I'm about to do this but I'm going to defend Liverpool...

You have to admit that game wold have went totally different if the refs called at least one of the three clear penalties that Sevilla committed in the first half. Liverpool controlled the first half, then Sevilla ran them in the second. If that game is 2-0 or 3-0 at half, do you think Sevilla comes out on fire like they did, I doubt it.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:55 AM   #26
JustinC

Quote:
Originally Posted by usfice6 View Post

You have to admit that game wold have went totally different if the refs called at least one of the three clear penalties that Sevilla committed in the first half. Liverpool controlled the first half, then Sevilla ran them in the second. If that game is 2-0 or 3-0 at half, do you think Sevilla comes out on fire like they did, I doubt it.
If refs made the right calls most the time, the bin dippers might not have even been in the final. Looking at that questionable penalty and the offside goal in the 1st leg of the 3rd round against United.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:43 AM   #27
usfice6
Shut up Sven!

Quote:
If refs made the right calls most the time, the bin dippers might not have even been in the final. Looking at that questionable penalty and the offside goal in the 1st leg of the 3rd round against United.
You'll get no argument from me on your point, I was just pointing out to TheGodfather that Sevilla got let off the hook on multiple occasions then proceeded to take full advantage of their situation.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:35 PM   #28
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
Yeah Yeah Yeah, all this European talk. #BitterChelseaFan

More importantly, Tampa Bay Rowdies v. FC Cincinnati.

Winner to play Columbus Crew SC -- not gonna lie, I'm giddy with the thought of being able to drive north 90 minutes and watch FCC take on an MLS side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:52 PM   #29
The Godfather
#COYR

Quote:
If they were THAT good, they would be in the Champions League final and not the Europa League final. Don't get me wrong, it's an incredible achievement to win it 3x in a row, but they are still a second tier European team.

Can't believe I'm about to do this but I'm going to defend Liverpool...

Sevilla is that good. Can't deny them their due. They are in the Copa del Rey final (again). I mean, they are the best in the Europa League. That mounts to something IMO. They also finish strong in La Liga, and finished strong the last 3 seasons.

As with the game and the calls, I agree. Totally. I'm just happy an English team didn't win it. [But] you guys know I don't like English soccer.

No matter what, what Sevilla have done is an achievement. I applaud that if it was a Dutch, French, Germany or even an Anglo team. Mucho love
Old 05-19-2016, 02:53 PM   #30
The Godfather
#COYR

Quote:
You'll get no argument from me on your point, I was just pointing out to TheGodfather that Sevilla got let off the hook on multiple occasions then proceeded to take full advantage of their situation.
Point taken
Old 05-19-2016, 02:58 PM   #31
The Godfather
#COYR

Quote:

More importantly, Tampa Bay Rowdies v. FC Cincinnati.

Winner to play Columbus Crew SC -- not gonna lie, I'm giddy with the thought of being able to drive north 90 minutes and watch FCC take on an MLS side.
I'll be at the game.

It would be nice for us to play Columbus. FC Cincinnati will be a challenge. I wonder what 11 Campbell (our manager) puts out there.

The Rowdies beat the Sounders in an Open Cup game a few years back. It was great to see. I know Seattle didn't put there A team out there but it was nice to see an NASL team beat an MLS team. That, and beating Bolton when they played over here.

Looking forward to FC Cincinnati game. Hope some of your fans travel down.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:56 PM   #32
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
Quote:
I'll be at the game.

It would be nice for us to play Columbus. FC Cincinnati will be a challenge. I wonder what 11 Campbell (our manager) puts out there.

The Rowdies beat the Sounders in an Open Cup game a few years back. It was great to see. I know Seattle didn't put there A team out there but it was nice to see an NASL team beat an MLS team. That, and beating Bolton when they played over here.

Looking forward to FC Cincinnati game. Hope some of your fans travel down.
I'm expecting a loss -- your side looks really good on paper and we have communication problems (to put it mildly) on our backline.

Airfare from Cincy to Tampa is ~$200. If I wasn't on family vacation with my inlaws the week this game was played, I'd be down there in a heartbeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:27 PM   #33
The Godfather
#COYR

Quote:
I'm expecting a loss -- your side looks really good on paper and we have communication problems (to put it mildly) on our backline.

Airfare from Cincy to Tampa is ~$200. If I wasn't on family vacation with my inlaws the week this game was played, I'd be down there in a heartbeat.
I am expecting a loss myself. The Rowdies have been average this Spring Season in the NASL. We are also missing Adu and Savage, both vital to our midfield. You can expose the rowdies with strong physical player. Rowdies strengths are GK and our D. They play hard.

We just signed Joe Cole and played a full 90 against Rayo OKC and played well, we just didn't convert on our chances.

I completely understand about the family. Al Lang Stadium is an underrated soccer jewel. Nice views and the pitch is great. It's come a long way from 2011 when we moved to St. Petersburg.

Either way I love the Open Cup and the teams we get exposed too. Very cool.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:34 PM   #34
JustinC

FUCK YES.

Glory Glory.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:42 AM   #35
The Godfather
#COYR

Quote:
FUCK YES.

Glory Glory.
Congrats.

When Palace scored first, I was surprised. United's goal was nice.

I still cannot believe Crystal Palace has never on an FA Cup.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:42 AM   #36
The Godfather
#COYR

Does anyone think Guzan starting over Howard will hurt USMNT?
Old 05-23-2016, 10:35 AM   #37
celluloid hero

hard to say who deserves it more based on the BPL season. Both defenses were awful and did nothing to help, but Howard barely played. Robles started the last half with the occasional say goodbye runout that Howard got. Guzan was bad, also, but there were times his center backs were barely jogging to recover from awful mistakes. I wish there were other options.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:50 AM   #38
usfice6
Shut up Sven!

Quote:
Does anyone think Guzan starting over Howard will hurt USMNT?
I don't really like either option at this stage but not much we can do about it. They're probably both on the same level right about now, call it a coin flip.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:52 AM   #39
usfice6
Shut up Sven!

Quote:
FUCK YES.

Glory Glory.
A nice consolation to an overall depressing season. I'm just glad I'll be able to change my avatar in a few hours.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:54 AM   #40
The Godfather
#COYR

Quote:
A nice consolation to an overall depressing season. I'm just glad I'll be able to change my avatar in a few hours.
5th is not bad, IMO.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc