These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2015, 09:48 AM   #21
ggies
Sugar Will '04

2016: The year multiple auto manufactures (Nissan, GM, Hyundai, Honda, Tesla) debut affordable 150+ mile range EVs. This, plus this article makes the transition to sustainable transportation even more real.

[Only registered users can see links.]

Quote:
OPEC seems finally to have absorbed this message and realized that the Oil Age is ending. Western oil companies need to wake up to the same reality, stop exploring, and either innovate or liquidate.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:07 AM   #22
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

That was a good read. I have long wondered why oil companies dont jump ahead and get their fingers into clean-energy. That's obviously where the money will be and they are well aware that the oil age is coming to a close. It's amazing that their heads are still lodged in their asses. Their denial in that article made me laugh out loud.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:23 AM   #23
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
That was a good read. I have long wondered why oil companies dont jump ahead and get their fingers into clean-energy. That's obviously where the money will be and they are well aware that the oil age is coming to a close. It's amazing that their heads are still lodged in their asses. Their denial in that article made me laugh out loud.

2016 will be my 4th year I have kept up with the EV and solar industry on an almost every day basis. To say it's an obsession is an understatement. It only took me a few months of reading at the beginning to realize what was going to happen and was asking myself the same question. Why are the big oil companies not transitioning to the next wave of energy? Too many variables have them stuck and closed minded and they will eventually be put to death or bought out.

The way battery prices are moving, things will get crazy starting in 2020 and beyond for the transportation and utility sectors.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:35 PM   #24
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
Ya' boy Elon thinks we'll have completely driverless cars in 2 years:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 05:12 PM   #25
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
Ya' boy Elon thinks we'll have completely driverless cars in 2 years:

Yesir! It will happen, now whether or not the regulatory laws allow it to happen will be another thing....Hopefully lawmakers/special interest groups don't get in the way.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:24 PM   #26
ggies
Sugar Will '04

First, a little humor:

Then, an actual demo:

Last edited by ggies; 01-11-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:44 AM   #27
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Here is an example of the utility side unwilling to accept the change that is coming. David Crane tried to take the company down the right path, where the future of energy is going, but shareholders (stupid shareholders) wanted nothing of it.

Quote:
"We are positioning ourselves to succeed during a prolonged period through which the traditional centralized grid-based power system co-exists with the fast-emerging, high-growth distributed generation sector," he wrote. He then went on a spending spree to make that vision a reality.
Quote:
"The new frontier of the energy business that I pushed the company into, [was] then, and [is] still now, in the long-term best interest of the company's employees, its shareholders, its customers and the earth we all inhabit. As a company that aspires to growth, there is no growth in our sector outside of clean energy; only slow but irreversible contraction following the path of fixed-line telephony," wrote Crane.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:33 AM   #28
Jayes

Thing I'm concerned about is that law enforcement will eventually have control over your vehicle and be able to stop it when and wherever it pleases. And by then they'll be able to track it, too. Not saying Im a conspiracy nut or anything but that is a little too much control to give away. If it CAN be abused it will be, somewhere along the way.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:32 AM   #29
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Thing I'm concerned about is that law enforcement will eventually have control over your vehicle and be able to stop it when and wherever it pleases. And by then they'll be able to track it, too. Not saying Im a conspiracy nut or anything but that is a little too much control to give away. If it CAN be abused it will be, somewhere along the way.
hmm...The way these cars are being built out is safety systems first, which when combined together, create autonomous driving. Not sure how the local police will be able to control the software in the car.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:42 PM   #30
Jayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
hmm...The way these cars are being built out is safety systems first, which when combined together, create autonomous driving. Not sure how the local police will be able to control the software in the car.
You think they're going to allow driverless cars that have the option NOT to stop for a traffic pull-over?
Old 01-12-2016, 02:50 PM   #31
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
You think they're going to allow driverless cars that have the option NOT to stop for a traffic pull-over?
Honestly, there would be no reason to pull someone over using an autonomous car. The Autopilot feature in the Model S/X can already read the speed limit signs and keep the car at that speed or 5 over, plus keeping a certain distance of the car ahead of it. The car will control staying in lanes and switching lanes, so unless the driver takes over to drive faster than everyone else, causing a scene, the flow of traffic should stay constant.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:18 PM   #32
Jayes

Quote:
Honestly, there would be no reason to pull someone over using an autonomous car. The Autopilot feature in the Model S/X can already read the speed limit signs and keep the car at that speed or 5 over, plus keeping a certain distance of the car ahead of it. The car will control staying in lanes and switching lanes, so unless the driver takes over to drive faster than everyone else, causing a scene, the flow of traffic should stay constant.
Improper tint? Bench warrants? Expired tags? Lights burned out? Stolen vehicle? Though I'm sure it will have some fingerprint ID or something to prevent that.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:07 PM   #33
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Improper tint? Bench warrants? Expired tags? Lights burned out? Stolen vehicle? Though I'm sure it will have some fingerprint ID or something to prevent that.
True. I guess in those situations the driver can just take over and pull to the side of the road.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2016, 04:26 PM   #34
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Yesir! It will happen, now whether or not the regulatory laws allow it to happen will be another thing....Hopefully lawmakers/special interest groups don't get in the way.
This is good to see!

Quote:
Regulators will allow automakers that can demonstrate they have a safe autonomous vehicle to apply for exemptions to certain rules as part of the new approach, which is designed to ensure government doesn’t stand in the way of technological progress.

“We are entering a new world and we know it,” U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx said Thursday at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. “We have to recognize it and adjust to it.”
Old 01-25-2016, 04:32 PM   #35
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Pretty neat little fan made short film narrated by Nikola Tesla:

Old 02-07-2016, 01:57 PM   #36
ggies
Sugar Will '04

If you want to understand where our energy industry is going within the next decade or two, this is a great article summarizing a lot of what I have researched. Change is coming and it's coming fast!

Old 02-07-2016, 04:07 PM   #37
Jayes

Neat read
Old 02-07-2016, 04:35 PM   #38
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Neat read
Glad you liked it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2016, 04:44 PM   #39
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Let's see, where to begin....so many quotes from this article.

The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power

Read more: [Only registered users can see links.]
Old 02-18-2016, 10:46 AM   #40
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Even the Rockefellers understand what's happening to our world.

Quote:
I lost faith in Exxon Mobil's future value. A prime reason is that Exxon's valuation is based largely on the immense untapped reserves of oil and gas it owns. And yet if future generations are to inherit a livable world, most of those reserves must stay in the ground.

Last edited by ggies; 02-18-2016 at 04:09 PM.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc