Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Cool!! Thanks for answering!!!!!
Not sure how serious...
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #82
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Of course. I am an Audio Engineer who works for the entertainment department at one of Michigan's most prominent breweries (mixing/producing/tracking live music shows of various kinds). Noon and five-o'clock do not exist here.
Niiiiice. I could use a glass of wine right about now. In fact, I think a stop at the liquor store is in my not so distant future. Speaking of the family/marriage thread....my to-be wife works at the same company, so she'll be coming with me to get some booze after work. Only about an hour or so to go.....
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #83
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Niiiiice. I could use a glass of wine right about now. In fact, I think a stop at the liquor store is in my not so distant future. Speaking of the family/marriage thread....my to-be wife works at the same company, so she'll be coming with me to get some booze after work. Only about an hour or so to go.....
Same company as you work for?? Or she's expecting a discount on my behalf?
Old 12-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #84
Josh.0

We have beer at my workplace too. Every Friday at 3:30 we get together and drink until everyone decides to head home, but in reality you can have a beer whenever you really want. I work in medical software.

Really, many software companies do that kind of thing now. It's not unheard of at all anymore and for the most part they don't give a shit because they trust people to manage themselves properly.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #85
Jayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
We have beer at my workplace too. Every Friday at 3:30 we get together and drink until everyone decides to head home, but in reality you can have a beer whenever you really want. I work in medical software. Really, many software companies do that kind of thing now. It's not unheard of at all anymore and for the most part they don't give a shit because they trust people to manage themselves properly.
Exactly. If you cant handle your shit, you dont stay employed here for long. Otherwise, beer is present in almost everything we do. Just another extension of normal, day-to-day life. I really enjoy it.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #86
Josh.0

My last company (also an EMR company) used to not only have a beer fridge, ping pong table, Wii, Foosball, and snacks galore...they had an "unlimited vacation" policy.

In other words...when you needed time off, just take it. No one was keeping track. Just make sure your shit was done and you had adequate coverage. Of course, no one abused it because no one wanted to be the one who ruined it for everyone else, but I think my last year there I took something like 22 PTO days when before the policy was in place I only got 20.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #87
Jayes

Quote:
My last company (also an EMR company) used to not only have a beer fridge, ping pong table, Wii, Foosball, and snacks galore...they had an "unlimited vacation" policy. In other words...when you need time off, just take it. No one was keeping track. Just make sure your shit was done and you had adequate coverage. Of course, no one abused it because no one wanted to be the one who ruined it for everyone else, but I think my last year there I took something like 22 PTO days when before the policy was in place I only got 20.
I wouldnt believe you if my own job wasn't so unbelievably awesome
Old 12-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #88
Josh.0

Quote:
I wouldnt believe you if my own job wasn't so unbelievably awesome
Yeah it was pretty sweet. I wouldn't have left (the culture at the company was fantastic, and honestly I was paid very well for my age), but I was on a project that was going nowhere and the software I was working with was underdeveloped and oversold, leading to serious problems in implementation. I'd had enough of the constant pressure from the customers because it wasn't doing what it was supposed to be doing, so I jumped at another opportunity when it arose.

I miss the old work environment, but I definitely don't miss the pressure of working on that project (which had no end in sight). It really sucks when your company sells something for tens of millions of dollars and you're the one alone on site, 1,500 miles from home and in front of the customer, saying "sorry it sucks and you were oversold." Then you're expected to "figure it out" with minimal support (because your manager is lazy and clueless about the product) despite that fact that you're not a developer.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #89
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Same company as you work for?? Or she's expecting a discount on my behalf?
Same company as I do. And there's no way I could do my job while drinking beer, i'd be pounding them.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #90
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

Yikes. I feel like we need a TDC Bitches 'N' Hoes Thread to even this place out a bit
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #91
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Yikes. I feel like we need a TDC Bitches 'N' Hoes Thread to even this place out a bit
I think I made one a while back but it gets no love.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #92
Josh.0

Oh, one more thing about work and beer...I think the highlight of my professional life was expensing several bottles of Firestone Walker Double Jack IPA at my last job. That's when I knew I had "made it."
Old 12-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #93
Jayes

Quote:
Yeah it was pretty sweet. I wouldn't have left (the culture at the company was fantastic, and honestly I was paid very well for my age), but I was on a project that was going nowhere and the software I was working with was underdeveloped and oversold, leading to serious problems in implementation. I'd had enough of the constant pressure from the customers because it wasn't doing what it was supposed to be doing, so I jumped at another opportunity when it arose. I miss the old work environment, but I definitely don't miss the pressure of working on that project (which had no end in sight). It really sucks when your company sells something for tens of millions of dollars and you're the one alone on site, 1,500 miles from home and in front of the customer, saying "sorry it sucks and you were oversold." Then you're expected to "figure it out" with minimal support (because your manager is lazy and clueless about the product) despite that fact that you're not a developer.
Been there! Got hired to spear-head the multitrack-recording aspect of the job. Got ZERO funding, despite attempts, so now I'm doing it with my own gear from home for the bands that come through. If they don't bite on my proposals by June, not only are they going to be so far behind other similar operations, but they wont't be able to afford me.

And I am REALLY excited to ride this budding company to the top.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #94
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

Quote:
I think I made one a while back but it gets no love.
I slightly recall this thread.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #95
Josh.0

Quote:
Been there! Got hired to spear-head the multitrack-recording aspect of the job. Got ZERO funding, despite attempts, so now I'm doing it with my own gear from home for the bands that come through. If they don't bite on my proposals by June, not only are they going to be so far behind other similar operations, but they wont't be able to afford me.

And I am REALLY excited to ride this budding company to the top.
Awesome.

I'm almost at the "time to trust myself with my career" stage as well. You can only rely on other peoples' managerial skills for so long before you realize you're probably most marketable (and financially secure) when you manage yourself.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #96
Jayes

This is The Relationship Thread. Get used to it

And yes, Josh, that is 347% true
Old 12-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #97
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
I slightly recall this thread.
Yeah, alas, DMB fans are lovers.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #98
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by malachite00 View Post
Congrats on your engagement! I'm not a big wedding fan, so my husband and I went to the mountains and got married, just the two of us, the judge, and some witness from the waiting room. It was absolutely perfect - no stress whatsoever! We did a big dinner for our families later because everyone was so mad at us.
I actually enjoyed my wedding / reception tremendously.

Took a shot right before the first dance, and ended the night with all my wife's friends and my friends at a bar around the corner from the reception venue drinking until last call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #99
Jayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
I actually enjoyed my wedding / reception tremendously. Took a shot right before the first dance, and ended the night with all my wife's friends and my friends at a bar around the corner from the reception venue drinking until last call.
Last call!?? What the hell, did you make guests pay for booze??
Old 12-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #100
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
Quote:
Last call!?? What the hell, did you make guests pay for booze??
Reception from 7-Midnight (Open Bar).

Midnight-2AM at bar around the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc