These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #181
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Goddamn on Seau. Dude suffered from depression, so I'm thinking suicide.
Saying that it was a gunshot wound to the chest. That's a pretty rough way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #182
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
Saying that it was a gunshot wound to the chest. That's a pretty rough way to go.
I love how the major sports networks don't have the balls to report it until the official word comes out. No one want to scoop anyone else anymore, it's like they all quit now that Twitter exists.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #183
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
Quote:
I love how the major sports networks don't have the balls to report it until the official word comes out. No one want to scoop anyone else anymore, it's like they all quit now that Twitter exists.
"Scooping the competition" has been replaced by "Acting indignant when the competition jumps the gun on a story and gets it wrong."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #184
Huff
The Original Tracklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
if it's suicide, that's one hell of an awkward place for him to have shot himself vs. the head. And could be symbolic if it stems from the girl who was at the center of that whole mess when he drove his SUV off a cliff a little while back.

Or maybe he did it because of reading this thread. See what I did there? Tied it all back together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CvillePong View Post
In fact, it's so small, I call it a "door stop cock".

You know, like the door stops. It just sits there. Doesn't even hang. You can flick it, and it just makes the noise "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring".
Operation Halloween 2008 = SUCCESS
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #185
ethaxton

Junior Seau committed suicide
ethaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #186
ethaxton

The NFL suspended four players in the Saints' bounty scandal: Jonathan Vilma, all of 2012; Anthony Hargrove, 8 games; Will Smith, 4 games; and Scott Fujita, 3 games.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #187
DMBBoyd

Quote:
This is stupid. There is a difference between Twitter and the LA Times. There are no consequences when TMZ or anyone else mistakenly says someone died, but if the LA Times did it and had to retract it, there would be a price to pay. It's the difference between professional journalism and amateur eyewitnesses. The amateurs aren't always wrong--the Osama bin Laden raid was first reported by some random guy in Attobad who heard helicopters. But they don't have to verify anything before publishing. Professional journalists do. It's really not that hard to understand.

On a side note: If mastering is being done today, that means the tracklisting is finalized and it's time for a title and artwork.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #188
DMBBoyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff View Post
if it's suicide, that's one hell of an awkward place for him to have shot himself vs. the head. And could be symbolic if it stems from the girl who was at the center of that whole mess when he drove his SUV off a cliff a little while back.

Or maybe he did it because of reading this thread. See what I did there? Tied it all back together.
Or he wanted to preserve his brain for research like Dave Duerson.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #189
ethaxton

He shot himself in the chest so his brain could be studied apparently
Old 05-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #190
Mitch

Wow: "Seau becomes the 8th member of the 1994 Chargers Super Bowl team to die"
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #191
Huff
The Original Tracklist

I'm sure that's a possible explanation. Another could be that his prior attempt at suicide was a passive attempt as well (headshot = done deal, driving off a cliff or shooting wildly into the chest provide more of a chance of living through it) and he was just crazy/bi-polar/depressed.

I'm sure they'll do a head study. And I'm sure it'll show some damage because THE GUY PLAYED A SPORT WHERE YOU HIT YOUR HEAD FAIRLY OFTEN. Not really rocket science. But did it cause him to be crazy? Or did the crazy personality exist BEFORE playing and just provide an added intensity that made him awesome on the field? In today's world we focus on issues from damage done via playing as the culprit, but why does no one stop to wonder if they were already batshit crazy to begin with? Thousands play these sports and don't have the crazy depression, etc. that a handful have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CvillePong View Post
In fact, it's so small, I call it a "door stop cock".

You know, like the door stops. It just sits there. Doesn't even hang. You can flick it, and it just makes the noise "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring".
Operation Halloween 2008 = SUCCESS
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #192
ethaxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Wow: "Seau becomes the 8th member of the 1994 Chargers Super Bowl team to die"
Yeah, and one died in a plane crash and another got struck by lightning. Final destination shit.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #193
ethaxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff View Post
I'm sure that's a possible explanation. Another could be that his prior attempt at suicide was a passive attempt as well (headshot = done deal, driving off a cliff or shooting wildly into the chest provide more of a chance of living through it) and he was just crazy/bi-polar/depressed.

I'm sure they'll do a head study. And I'm sure it'll show some damage because THE GUY PLAYED A SPORT WHERE YOU HIT YOUR HEAD FAIRLY OFTEN. Not really rocket science. But did it cause him to be crazy? Or did the crazy personality exist BEFORE playing and just provide an added intensity that made him awesome on the field? In today's world we focus on issues from damage done via playing as the culprit, but why does no one stop to wonder if they were already batshit crazy to begin with? Thousands play these sports and don't have the crazy depression, etc. that a handful have.
Concussions + Steroids = bad news
Old 05-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #194
JWood

Quote:
Goddamn on Seau. Dude suffered from depression, so I'm thinking suicide.
Quote:
The first report to come out on ESPN was apparent suicide, but way to go out on a limb there with your "I'm thinking suicide" comment.
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #195
JWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethaxton View Post
The NFL suspended four players in the Saints' bounty scandal: Jonathan Vilma, all of 2012; Anthony Hargrove, 8 games; Will Smith, 4 games; and Scott Fujita, 3 games.
I'm loving the fallout from the players on this.
  • Mark Ingram is saying it's giving them a chip on their shoulder and they'll come out stronger.
  • Lance Moore is a pussy and saying he can't say what he really wants to say.
  • Chase Daniels is calling out the NFL for not informing Vilma earlier, and he supposedly found out from Sportscenter.
  • Reggie Bush is saying the NFL is going to turn into two-hand touch.

The funny thing is none of these guys are looking at the real basis of the suspensions handed out, the bounty system! I used to like Reggie, but with his little childish comments about it turning into flag football are ridiculous. It's not that you can't hit guys hard... you can. However, you can't target someone's ACL with a price tag on it.

Oh, and gotta love a tweet I saw from ESPN Stats that said Will Smith has led the team with 12 sacks in the past 2 season... 12 SACKS. That's pathetic
Old 05-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #196
ethaxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mood View Post
The first report to come out on ESPN was apparent suicide, but way to go out on a limb there with your "I'm thinking suicide" comment.
The report on ESPN came out like an hour+ after TMZ. The very first initial report just said gun shot and found dead.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #197
JWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethaxton View Post
The report on ESPN came out like an hour+ after TMZ. The very first initial report just said gun shot and found dead.
ESPN.com headline said "apparent suicide"
Old 05-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #198
ethaxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mood View Post
ESPN.com headline said "apparent suicide"
Right, an hour or so after the entire internet already knew about the death.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #199
JWood

Old 05-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #200
JustinC

Jabar Gaffney back to the Patriots.

Pats aren't playing around this offseason.
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc