These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2009, 02:27 AM   #41
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissident View Post
patton oswalt is possibly the best comedian around right now. B-Word Fat made me
I found his Parking enforcement and homicide remark funnier.
K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:20 AM   #42
morgadt

i dont know, i like conan better on 11 30, b/c he'd get more ridiculous.

they should bring back some more old bits. like this one:

morgadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #43
NiCK Crush

Creed was on last night

Worse than ever before. I promise you.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #44
NiCK Crush

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 12-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #45
FiddySpence
TDCya

i don't buy it.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #46
EClayton08
TDCya

I don't even wanna know how much Seinfeld would cost them
EClayton08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #47
NiCK Crush

Old 01-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #48
FiddySpence
TDCya

Fuck NBC. this is such horseshit.
[Only registered users can see links.]
Just about a month ago there was a rumor that NBC was trying to replace Conan O Brien with Jerry Seinfeld. The good news for Conan is that he doesn’t have to worry about that anymore. The bad news is everything else, beginning with the very next sentence.

Jay Leno is going back to his 11:30 PM time slot, and it’s looking like Conan O’Brien is the odd man out
We’ve learned Jay’s 10:00 PM show will go on hiatus February 1. After the Olympics, Jay will take back his 11:30 PM time slot. What has not been decided — whether Jay’s show will be a half hour, followed by Conan, or whether Jay’s show will be an hour and NBC says sayonara to Mr. O’Brien.

One of the reasons Conans numbers are down is because Leno is in last place by a mile at 10:00, giving The Tonight Show no lead-in. Now Leno will move to 11:30 and benefit from a better lead-in at 10, because no matter what they replace him with it will do better than he did. So Leno will be seen as a savior at 11:30 because he sucked so bad at 10.

None of which is Conans fault of course, yet he’s the one who will be made to look like an asshole. I’m surprised NBC even had the decency to tell him before leaking it. I thought they’d just let him find out online, or better yet, print out a copy of the story then roll it around an arrow and shoot him in the chest with it.

tyler basically nailed it. conan's done nothing wrong and has been getting the shit end of this entire deal ever since they started this shake up. now he's getting fucked over more than i ever thought possible. what a joke of a network.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #49
dandtrock

hmmm, i just realized how unimportant this news is to me. i used to love Conan years ago, but the most recent shows i've seen were pretty lame. i've never really liked Leno either - always preferred Letterman. i'm not sure if Conan's show changed too much or has went downhill or i just lost my taste for it.

but to the point, it does seem like Conan is getting the shaft. he hasn't even had the timeslot for all that long.
dandtrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #50
NiCK Crush

Leno's 10PM show is awful. Not all that surprised. Glad to see Fallon's show is still looking good
Old 01-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #51
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandtrock View Post
hmmm, i just realized how unimportant this news is to me. i used to love Conan years ago, but the most recent shows i've seen were pretty lame. i've never really liked Leno either - always preferred Letterman. i'm not sure if Conan's show changed too much or has went downhill or i just lost my taste for it.

but to the point, it does seem like Conan is getting the shaft. he hasn't even had the timeslot for all that long.
leno is an insufferable fuck. conan's tonight show while essentially the same as his other show was still a little tamed and just felt a little forced because they tried to keep a lot of their bits cheap and campy but they're doing it on a huge, elaborate, expensive set and we all know they're working with a lot of money. not to mention he's getting the shaft on guests as well. even jimmy fucking fallon is getting better and more high profile guests.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #52
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
Leno's 10PM show is awful. Not all that surprised. Glad to see Fallon's show is still looking good
you mean still looking consistent. as in still just as awkward and uncomfortable as it was 6 months ago or however long it's been around now.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #53
NiCK Crush

Fallon's guests have been incredible in his shows most recent months
Old 01-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #54
NiCK Crush

Quote:
you mean still looking consistent. as in still just as awkward and uncomfortable as it was 6 months ago or however long it's been around now.
heh heh.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #55
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
Fallon's guests have been incredible in his shows most recent months
they have and i can't figure out if it's just being in new york or if it's because he's such an ass kisser and it's impossible to look worse on that show than he does.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:37 PM   #56
3-D

Quote:
they have and i can't figure out if it's just being in new york or if it's because he's such an ass kisser and it's impossible to look worse on that show than he does.
Ever since Conan took over The Tonight Show, I don't really watch any of the late night shows with any sort of regularity but, from what I've seen, I think that Jimmy has improved tremendously over the past year. He was almost unwatchable when the show debuted but the past few times that I've tuned in, he's been pretty funny. I think that he's definitely finding his groove, which is something that takes a little bit of time.

As for Conan, I love him and I loved Late Night, but his Tonight Show does nothing for me. He's the wrong man for the job because his humor doesn't work well on such a watered down level. Also, I think that bringing back Andy Richter on a full-time basis was a mistake. Conan had experienced the most success on Late Night on his own, without the sidekick, and he only serves as a distraction. I'd prefer more interaction with Max and La Bamba.

I hope that Conan can move on to another network, like Fox, and do a show that's on his terms. Jay Leno should be the one out of a job in this scenario, as it's his shitty 10:00 show that's actually causing this whole problem. Really can't stand that guy.
3-D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #57
NiCK Crush

Last edited by NiCK Crush; 11-03-2012 at 01:54 AM.
NiCK Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #58
FiddySpence
TDCya

andy is the only one providing consistent laughs.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #59
FiddySpence
TDCya

NBC's statement:
"We have the best comedy team in the business. We remain committed to keeping Conan O’Brien on NBC. He is a valued part of our late-night line-up, as he has been for more than 16 years and is one of the most respected entertainers on television."
Old 01-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #60
3-D

Quote:
NBC's statement:
"We have the best comedy team in the business. We remain committed to keeping Conan O’Brien on NBC. He is a valued part of our late-night line-up, as he has been for more than 16 years and is one of the most respected entertainers on television."
Well it'll be interesting to see what their plan is then.
3-D is online now   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc