These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM   #20061
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

The only way to have kept their legacy pure would have been to have broken up after fall ‘00. That would have left their catalog basically flawless and the “what could have been?” would have been off the charts. What has been has been obviously hit or miss. But waot, there’s more! And then of dave drops some devil in ‘03 shit gets real. DMB comes back in ‘04 and roadtests those songs then finishes an album with them and others with Lillywhite? Now, we’re fucking talking.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:10 AM   #20062
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by timh. View Post
agree or disagree:

DMB should have broken up in 2004, or at least gone on extended hiatus, for dave to continue pursuing a "solo" career
No way. A short hiatus maybe, but never break up. Despite how bad '05-''07 was, it still produced some optimism and some decent songs. And we would probably never had got to see Tim come back full force with the band if that happened, which was awesome. Tim and Jeff being in the band now still makes me go to shows. No one from 00-04 every would have imagined a time where both Tim and Jeff would be full time touring members of DMB--even though we would have killed for it. Sucks that Roi had to leave us for that to happen, but I'm glad the band continued onward and didn't give up. They've gone through some tough times and some lean years, but they're far from "done" in my eyes.
Old Today, 01:12 AM   #20063
greykitkat36

I am really surprised that Dave never tried to release another solo project since Some Devil though. Maybe because the band was really salty about it that he decided not to? Pretty shocking that it hasn't happened. I mean Trey and Mike from Phish both released multiple solo albums simultaneously with the last few phish albums..so it's not like it can't be done. Not every song idea will work with DMB..and it seems like the last few years Dave has been forcing/shoehorning these ideas and songs to work with DMB when it's just not the best fit.
Old Today, 11:06 AM   #20064
Cortez 4

Vik Firth released a really neat video of Carter on Bismark...

[Only registered users can see links.]

Edit: looks like this is old news - I must have missed it months back
Cortez 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc