These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #61
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
She said yes
late to the party. congrats!

TDC pre wedding party in jersey. Meet at the aquarium in Camden. Mario can host.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:01 PM   #62
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
late to the party. congrats!

TDC pre wedding party in jersey. Meet at the aquarium in Camden. Mario can host.

MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:06 PM   #63
RageATL
The Dude abides

Not depressed and I already see a counselor every other week therefore I'm getting help, so maybe we can add/change the thread title to something involving mental health?

Anyway, here goes...I've been kinda stuck in the "I just about hate people in general/cranky/salty" mode for several months now. I can't help but shake the feeling that anyone and everyone will pretty much step over the body of their own mothers to "get theirs." No one helps anybody any more. Common courtesy is all but dead and gone. People have their phones perpetually jammed up their asses so much so to where ADD is ridiculously rampant, face-to-face conversation is a lost art, to where people can barely check in with friends from time to time (aside from an occasional text of course) or remember plans that were made previously despite having a computer in the palm of their hands with a fucking built-in calendar and 50 reminder options. There are seriously times where I legit just wanna grab my lady, cash everything in, move to the beach somewhere and make grass hulu skirts or something simple.

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576

Last edited by RageATL; 03-30-2016 at 10:23 AM.
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:30 PM   #64
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

I hate everyone, too. I also love the shit out of my iPhone. Catch 22, sorry man.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:40 PM   #65
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

I feel you there for sure. I have been working on talking less and listening more recently. It had caused me to discover some qualities in people at work that I do not care for. Then begins a whole new lesson in when to vocalize displeasure and when to give folks a break. My father has always said that the things you hate most about others are actually the things to dislike most about yourself (not always true, but) I have had a few personal revelations along those lines but my experiment in listening has uncovered the hipocracy in others.

Some 18 year old kid began work at one of my theaters this year and has a horrid case of smug arrogance. I sort of disregarded it for a while figuring he is just a kid and probably didnt mean it; hell, he'd figure it out as he became aware of the politics, right? It got so much worse this past two weeks, he began overstepping his pay grade and micromanaging those above him. I went out with my full-timers last night and found out they have all been thinking the same thing that I have (I've experienced a lot of cognitive dissonance over this as I've been on the receiving end of his antics) and are irritated by him. One of his chief complaints about a buddy of mine is that he hates being talked down to. Since he said that, I've noticed he does nothing but step on others to "make himself look better." Totally uncalled for comments, arrogant actions, selfish grabs. Since I may have to work with him a few years I haven't caused a confrontation over it but I fear I will if this continues.

Not a lot of decency left out there, but I'm trying to maintain an acceptable level of it where I work. This has just been a frustrating week and it felt really good (albeit selfish) to rag on him a bit last night and vent. Not all decency is dead, and the fight for its rally needs supporters now more than ever.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:17 PM   #66
gweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
I feel you there for sure. I have been working on talking less and listening more recently. It had caused me to discover some qualities in people at work that I do not care for. Then begins a whole new lesson in when to vocalize displeasure and when to give folks a break. My father has always said that the things you hate most about others are actually the things to dislike most about yourself (not always true, but) I have had a few personal revelations along those lines but my experiment in listening has uncovered the hipocracy in others.

Some 18 year old kid began work at one of my theaters this year and has a horrid case of smug arrogance. I sort of disregarded it for a while figuring he is just a kid and probably didnt mean it; hell, he'd figure it out as he became aware of the politics, right? It got so much worse this past two weeks, he began overstepping his pay grade and micromanaging those above him. I went out with my full-timers last night and found out they have all been thinking the same thing that I have (I've experienced a lot of cognitive dissonance over this as I've been on the receiving end of his antics) and are irritated by him. One of his chief complaints about a buddy of mine is that he hates being talked down to. Since he said that, I've noticed he does nothing but step on others to "make himself look better." Totally uncalled for comments, arrogant actions, selfish grabs. Since I may have to work with him a few years I haven't caused a confrontation over it but I fear I will if this continues.

Not a lot of decency left out there, but I'm trying to maintain an acceptable level of it where I work. This has just been a frustrating week and it felt really good (albeit selfish) to rag on him a bit last night and vent. Not all decency is dead, and the fight for its rally needs supporters now more than ever.
My advice is confront him as soon as possible. Let him know you won't stand for his manipulations. He may protest and claim innocence but let him know you don't believe that crap. If his scheming behaviour continues, go to your boss or whoever you have to. People like this teenager won't stop their mind games unless someone stops them. If all else fails, try to avoid him as much as possible. He's like walking poison. You don't need that shit in your life. The guy thrives on the pain he causes.
gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:04 PM   #67
sean52692
You failed this band

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Not depressed and I already see a counselor every other week so I'm getting help, so maybe we can add/change the thread title to something involving mental health?
I'm down with the Mental Health thread or something like that.

Deep down, I love people, but they still fucking annoy me on a consistent basis. I just look to find the humor in it. And really appreciate quality people.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:21 AM   #68
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
I hate everyone, too. I also love the shit out of my iPhone. Catch 22, sorry man.
Fair enough.

Old 03-30-2016, 10:31 AM   #69
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Deep down, I love people, but they still fucking annoy me on a consistent basis. I just look to find the humor in it. And really appreciate quality people.
I do too man, I really do...I guess I more meant that I'm starting to hate the general public more and more and less so the people I choose to interact with on a regular basis although even those folks sometimes get to me.

I dunno, I guess I understand that a lot of this attitude comes from me. I struggle with sleep apnea and always have, but it's far worse when I'm drinking beers most every day and am out of shape (both of which have been occurring for close to a year now). When I don't get an adequate amount of sleep, I am an absolute bear to deal with. As it is, I'm already somewhat of a picky/anal Italian Scorpio which by itself is brutal, but without the proper amount of sleep, it's worse.

Anyway, not trying to throw a pity party for myself...my life is pretty fucking awesome and I've got a lot to be thankful for, I just tend to devolve into these types of negative thoughts sometimes and inadequate amounts of sleep is usually the cause of it which lends itself to negativity followed by mild depression, etc.

Last edited by RageATL; 03-30-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:55 AM   #70
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

I've really cut back on the beer in the last year and that seems to help....I sleep better and generally feel better.

As for the general public, I can't go out to someplace like Target or the mall without having a minor breakdown to mourn the decline of humanity. People are dumb, and I think embracing that fact helps.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 03-30-2016, 12:16 PM   #71
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
I've really cut back on the beer in the last year and that seems to help....I sleep better and generally feel better.

As for the general public, I can't go out to someplace like Target or the mall without having a minor breakdown to mourn the decline of humanity. People are dumb, and I think embracing that fact helps.
I really should but it's just so damn good!

Yep same here. On days like that, my minor meltdowns usually start on the drive to a given destination and may or may not continue from there. Honestly, on days that I'm not feeling my level-headed best, I tend to spend my lunch hour at the crib and not even venture out for fear that I might flip out.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:21 PM   #72
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
I really should but it's just so damn good!

Yep same here. On days like that, my minor meltdowns usually start on the drive to a given destination and may or may not continue from there. Honestly, on days that I'm not feeling my level-headed best, I tend to spend my lunch hour at the crib and not even venture out for fear that I might flip out.
I was saying the same thing to my wife yesterday. Had the day off from work, went out to do a bit of odd and end shopping before a few home projects and we got to Target around noon....she was like "yeah, you've got to figure the worst people are out right now, those without jobs and housewives....next time we either go at 9am or 8pm. Between idiot drivers and people who don't know how to swiftly navigate a store in which there are other people.....it's INFURIATING. I get you.

Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 03-30-2016, 01:46 PM   #73
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
I was saying the same thing to my wife yesterday. Had the day off from work, went out to do a bit of odd and end shopping before a few home projects and we got to Target around noon....she was like "yeah, you've got to figure the worst people are out right now, those without jobs and housewives....next time we either go at 9am or 8pm. Between idiot drivers and people who don't know how to swiftly navigate a store in which there are other people.....it's INFURIATING. I get you.

Yep, your wife totally nailed it.

Phew, I was starting to wonder if it was just me. After I re-read my previous post, it dawned on me that you guys probably think I'm a psychopath!

Old 04-03-2016, 03:01 PM   #74
Mersh

If people could just be considerate at the store is all. The occasional "excuse me", "I'm sorry" or having any awareness of the fact that other people are around you would be great. Busy stores are the graveyard of basic manners, decency and polite behavior.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:58 AM   #75
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Why does it seem like every time my life is going well and I finally have some sort of self worth, someone seemingly goes out of their way to remind me of what a piece of shit loser I really am?
Old 03-28-2017, 12:41 PM   #76
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Probably cause people suck. You do you, don't worry about what anyone else tells you.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 03-28-2017, 01:11 PM   #77
Mitch

Exactly. You said yourself your life is going well and you have a sense of self-worth. So don't let anyone else make you question that.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:08 AM   #78
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
Why does it seem like every time my life is going well and I finally have some sort of self worth, someone seemingly goes out of their way to remind me of what a piece of shit loser I really am?
Fuck that, dude...don't listen to people like that. No one else gets to determine your self-worth, that comes from within you. And also what ThememanXX and Mitch said.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:34 PM   #79
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Last edited by Wildcats82; 04-08-2017 at 06:28 AM.
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:27 PM   #80
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post

???
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc