Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2018, 04:27 PM   #1221
NiCK (Crush)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
13,000+ posts!

Old 11-05-2018, 07:22 PM   #1222
Mitch

well thatís just dumb on many levels. No points for you!
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:23 PM   #1223
ForkInFork

Ok, since JustinK doesn't want to respond to my question, I will just post what he said on the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justink View Post
Only shit quality wma’s of 2 out of the 3 discs were shared as a precaution. Mostly knowing Matt would do this. Clever cover art was produced.

Bait was laid out.

Matt was asked to not blow it up because he would risk the lossless full three discs never seeing the light of day. He chose to fuck the fans and take his town crier five minutes of spotlight instead.

Long story short. There’s more and better quality. But they aren’t being released.
What's interesting here is that he shows the "clever cover art" as being part of the trap initially laid out to trick Matt Y. into releasing the tracks and screwing us out of the third disc. This is before anyone pointed out his name in the cover art. Then....

Quote:

Story time.

But first, some back info: Kenny is an artist I’ve known for about ten years now. He puts out stuff that he sells on his website and he makes some of the TR3 show posters when there are any at Tim’s merch table. He also works with James Eads (one of the artists that does some of DMB’s show posters) by helping him with art shows/open house events etc. if you’ve ever seen the James Eads “venue series” (gorge, alpine, spac, etc), Kenny is the guy who pitched the idea to Eads and then handled all the sales to fans. Kenny also makes all the “cover art” for my live recordings over the years.

Anyway.... What was it? Last Thursday/Friday? People noticed new songs and lyrics on the almanac and quickly cross referenced them to those discs that a lady was trying to sell on that Facebook group.

So Kenny and I were discussing about how iconic that art was that someone (Avi Sareen maybe?) made for the Lillywhite sessions. We started brainstorming about what a “Batson sessions” cover could look like. A few ideas were kinda dumb. But then I said “it could just be simple. Like the standup cover art but instead of black, make the field white. And instead of a chrome fire dancer, it could be a darker gun metal fire dancer.”

About ten minutes later I got a text from Kenny and it was this artwork. We both agreed it looked great. I sent it to someone saying “look, isn’t this cool looking?”

At some point someone posted it on the AM.org message board as a joke.

Then AM.org posted that news story about the leak and included our art on the front page. Lol. I guess people are using it now.

I didn’t know that our names were hidden in the background for a bit but Kenny threw them in there as the “artists signature”, like an Easter egg. I think it’s kinda neat.
Someone points out his name is in it, and he claims he and Kenny saw the songs up on almanac, then discussed how cool tLWS art was, and that they should make something for these. 10 minutes later Kenny sent him this image.

Quote:
*sigh. Backread

*sigh. Backread

(The almanac posted them)
Again he is saying that the artist found out about the leaks from almanac posting the lyrics.

Quote:
Again, you’re assuming that I have something to explain. I’m sorry but I just don’t have any answers for you outside of the cover art that Kenny threw together in ten minutes.

If I had anything to do with this leak, I wouldn’t be talking about it with you fine folks for 30 something pages. Not only are you barking up the wrong tree, you’re not even in the right forrest.
Again claiming Kenny threw together the art in 10 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeters View Post
This all comes down to 2 people. The girl that posted that she was selling, and the guy who approached her and bought them. All of that took place in DMB Family in June or July. Everyone else had this stuff dropped in their laps randomly, just at different over the same random ass day this all started a few weeks ago.
Quote:
FACTS.
Here JustinK is agreeing with MrPeters, saying that everyone had this stuff dropped in their laps over different times of the same random day.

There is a problem with this timeline though, and heres why.

The ants article, and the day most people found out about the leak, was posted on Friday 10/12 at around 6:24 PM EST.

The almanac first posted lyrics to the new leaked songs on the same day, 10/12, at around 1:00 PM EST. Justin claims someone contacted the almanac and asked them to remove the lyrics and songs to ensure the 3rd disc leaked out, which is flat out untrue. The almanac took it upon themselves to remove the lyrics and songs at around 3:55 PM EST out of concern that they may be associated with the leaks. Nobody had contacted them about any 3rd disc or request to take down the lyrics.

Now comes the cover art. My first view of it was posted by Chadizzy on ants at 4:06 PM to the following link:

[Only registered users can see links.]

Inspecting the source code of that website will show you that the file was uploaded at 04:02 PM 10/12, a couple minutes before Chadizzy posted the link.

There was also a copy of the cover art linked on ants news article here:

Here is the interesting bit... The claim is the cover art was made on 10/12 after 1:00 PM, when the almanac posted the lyrics.

Analyzing the exif data of both versions of the image show the following results:

The image was created at 10/11 at 11:23 PM MST, or 10/12 at 1:23AM EST, about 12 hours before anything was posted to the almanac. The file was finalized and saved at 10/12 7:11 AM MST, or 10/12 9:11 AM EST, 4 hours before the almanac posted anything. Check exif data below:

So that story about learning about the leaks from the almanac is clearly not true, and JustinK somehow had the files the night before anyone else did.

Also worth noting that while the image included with the leaked files shows it was created in -4 GMT timezone on 10/11 at 07:34 AM, (see here: [Only registered users can see links.] ) the google searchable file was uploaded at around 11:30 PM EST on 10/11.

Its interesting that the "clever cover art" was initially shown as part of the trap to catch ants, and now it is clear the cover art was created the day before, very close in time to when the public searchable file was loaded onto the website.

I just don't understand the point of lying about it all, and hope everyone can just come forward with some more honesty.
ForkInFork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:43 PM   #1224
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkInFork View Post
I just don't understand the point of it all
That about sums it up.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:45 PM   #1225
DMBCLSTJ

After the last few pages I have decided I need a life....
Old 11-06-2018, 02:52 PM   #1226
Cscottrun

Dam. How do you embed the gif?
Cscottrun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:56 PM   #1227
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post

Dam. How do you embed the gif?

handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:57 PM   #1228
Cscottrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post

Idk why mine did not work. Maybe it was too big?

Edit: That's what she said.
Cscottrun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:31 PM   #1229
sdaltons

Well this should be good...or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittay
but what if the DMB's GGT was a really GGT, then D&F's GGT wouldn't be such a GGT as DMB's GGT, WWYS?
sdaltons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:57 PM   #1230
Bluewater34
Is Old

It won’t be.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:52 PM   #1231
patsfan39

If youre saying Justink got them before everyone else, i think he admitted he did. He said he and a group of other people got the tapes (he was included because he had created great AUDs in the past) and he and this kenny guy were talking about how they needed a cover art.

Other than that im totally unsure about anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:55 PM   #1232
TDunk

I'm pissed now about the typos on the cover art.
TDunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:42 PM   #1233
sean52692
You failed this band

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
It wonít be.
Truth.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:51 PM   #1234
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
After the last few pages I have decided I need a life....
I keep popping in here expecting worthwhile conversation about A) the music itself or B) developments from the band related to this leak. But I keep finding a bunch of detectives trying to solve a mystery I havenít been following and donít care about.
Since you read the last bunch of pages, should I assume I still havenít missed anything important over the last couple weeks?
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:39 PM   #1235
jeff1818

Here’s to hoping for flacs to emerge soon.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:54 AM   #1236
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
I keep popping in here expecting worthwhile conversation about A) the music itself or B) developments from the band related to this leak. But I keep finding a bunch of detectives trying to solve a mystery I havenít been following and donít care about.
Since you read the last bunch of pages, should I assume I still havenít missed anything important over the last couple weeks?

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:15 AM   #1237
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
You've missed nothing sir
Old 11-07-2018, 03:20 PM   #1238
mjf
bkdkdkddbkdkdkddbkdkdkdd

I miss that post-95 sbd thread, neat backstories like this without the drama
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:33 PM   #1239
TheNoise
Mr. DMB, I don't feel so good.

looks like a good time in here

TheNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:10 PM   #1240
justink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNoise View Post
looks like a good time in here

Dude, reading ForkInFork's tin foil hat Matlock episode, I totally said... "I'm gonna post that Charlie Kelly in the mail room conspiracy .gif". Nice post.

But man... That was a really fun read.

1.) "The Trap" WAS the cover art. The cover art WAS the joke. End of story. There's also two or three versions out there with various edits and hidden easter eggs. But that's another topic that I'm not going to get into.

2.) Nobody pointed out our names, after Matt posted it with his news story, I told EVERYBODY. That WAS the joke. Probably not funny to some but those that know the backstory it's pretty tongue in cheek funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkInFork View Post
There is a problem with this timeline though, and heres why.

The ants article, and the day most people found out about the leak, was posted on Friday 10/12 at around 6:24 PM EST.

The almanac first posted lyrics to the new leaked songs on the same day, 10/12, at around 1:00 PM EST. Justin claims someone contacted the almanac and asked them to remove the lyrics and songs to ensure the 3rd disc leaked out, which is flat out untrue. The almanac took it upon themselves to remove the lyrics and songs at around 3:55 PM EST out of concern that they may be associated with the leaks. Nobody had contacted them about any 3rd disc or request to take down the lyrics.
3.) Nope, you didn't do your homework. Almanac posted the lyrics at least the night before (maybe a day or week sooner), as indexed by archive.org on 2018-10-11:

People had these files for a while. Or, if you prefer, "a lot longer than the news story" as Matt Yette from AntsMarching.org put it in his tweets after posting the news story. AM.org admittedly "sat on it". Most of the mods had it for a while. Matt and Zach were known to be negotiating with Butch's girlfriend after she posted the FS thread on the family facebook group. But when talk sparked up they decided they needed to be the website/people to break the news and dog whistle everybody they blasted it out to and give a roadmap to the files before anybody else did (weird, or not if you consider ad revenue on something like this):

4.) To your second bold, nope, it's 100% true. But that's not relevant now that we established the timeline of the songs being posted on the Almanac.

5.) In closing, see #3.

Have another cigarette Charlie, and tell The Waitress I say hi.
justink is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc