These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2020, 08:22 AM   #12041
drh424s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Sidney Powell situation is pretty funny.
Its a hilarious disaster for PR purposes - though I get the point, very poorly handled
drh424s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:39 AM   #12042
mario

And to be clear, the "appeal" of the PA case that the Federal Judge in Williamsport annihilated, is an appeal to be allowed to Amend the Complaint, ie: rewrite their original lawsuit.

Not disputing anything in the Judge's ruling at all, nothing that can go to the Supreme Court and reverse the election, etc.

Just to be allowed a third try to write a competent complaint (seems unlikely they would be able to do so even if the Court allowed them to). In other words, "Sure, we're real shitty lawyers who did a terrible job twice, but let us just go on trying again!" This, too, is not how the law works in Federal Court.

There is no longer any active lawsuit in America contesting the election.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:14 PM   #12043
gweeps
homesick android

So, Biden announced some of his cabinet picks.

I know of Janet Yellen. Heard a Freakonomics podcast with her. She seemed reasonable.

And everybody remembers John Kerry.

Not sure about the rest of them.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:12 PM   #12044
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

GSA has told Biden Trump Administration is ready to move ahead with transition

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:16 PM   #12045
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
GSA has told Biden Trump Administration is ready to move ahead with transition
Someone must have reminded Trump he could golf more as a private citizen.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:28 PM   #12046
gweeps
homesick android

As close to a concession as America is probably gonna get. The "good fight" sounds like euphemism for "we lost".

Old 11-23-2020, 08:50 PM   #12047
mario

All that voter fraud evidence coming out "in the next few days"....

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
Old 11-23-2020, 10:16 PM   #12048
mario

Looks like we found typsitch's college professor.

Quote:
Old 11-23-2020, 11:00 PM   #12049
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Looks like we found typsitch's college professor.

This is why you must vet before hiring
Old 11-25-2020, 10:18 AM   #12050
dmb448

Biden is rising in the media presence and Trump is just fading out.
dmb448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:28 AM   #12051
zaphod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb448 View Post
Biden is rising in the media presence and Trump is just fading out.
the mainstream media is following the ad-money... but unfortunately, social media's advertising model is a bit different, and so the Q conspiracy groups and Trump cults will keep going for another long while.

either they will fade into obscurity, like just another flat-earth conspiracy group... or they'll continue to incite the less-stable of their members to violence. i guess we'll just wait and see! how fun!
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:19 PM   #12052
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Denver's loser mayor, Michael Hancock, told everyone not to travel for thanksgiving. As he boarded a flight at DIA!

[Only registered users can see links.]
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 06:34 PM   #12053
zaphod!

Republicans: We are the party of LAW & ORDER
Also, Republicans after Trump pardons yet another one of his criminal lackeys: This is totally fine.
Old 11-26-2020, 02:08 AM   #12054
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
Republicans: We are the party of LAW & ORDER
Also, Republicans after Trump pardons yet another one of his criminal lackeys: This is totally fine.
Remember, A Presidential pardon inherently includes an admission of guilt.

Which means Trump and Flynn just admitted to Russian collusion.

Quote:

Last edited by mario; 11-27-2020 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-26-2020, 03:15 PM   #12055
DIDO36

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
Denver's loser mayor, Michael Hancock, told everyone not to travel for thanksgiving. As he boarded a flight at DIA!

[Only registered users can see links.]
So hypocritical man. Think he flew down to Mississippi
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 03:51 PM   #12056
Josh.0

He’s done stuff like that - “do as I say not as I do” - on numerous occasions. Just another trash politician holding everyone else to a higher standard than he holds himself.
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 04:24 PM   #12057
zaphod!

denver's mayor... we're really hitting at the heart of the problems going on in america right now aren't we.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:57 AM   #12058
Josh.0

Denver’s Mayer
California’s governor
California’s top congressional representative (and arguably the top congressional representative in the entire country)
The governor of New York making posters (and I believe, IIRC, writing books) celebrating his response to COVID-19, where deaths are among the highest in the country
Numerous democrats in congress getting COVID-19, which barely gets coverage compared to when republicans in congress get COVID-19

It’s so odd that you only ever want to hit one person when they do things that are wrong. I get that he sucks (and you really really really think he sucks), but unless it’s about him, everyone else - especially in the Democratic Party - isn’t worth talking about?

In the politics thread?

Should this be renamed “Trump Discussion (and occasional criticisms of other republicans) Only Thread?”

Perhaps your reaction just then is why many people have abandoned the Democratic Party? There’s a complete reluctance when it comes to self-reflection and the willingness to see and consider its own problems.
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:59 AM   #12059
Josh.0

BTW, apparently Biden said he isn’t interesting in seeing the Justice Department pursue charges against Trump.

Has that been discussed in here?

He said it’s “not very... good for democracy to be talking about prosecuting former presidents."

This is exactly what I said he’d say many, many months ago. It’s not a good look for the country. Plus, they all have dirt on each other and they know it. You’re a Jeffrey Epstein-type story away from getting buried yourself if you choose to pursue charges against Trump. Those hoping for criminal charges are going to end up being severely disappointed. Maybe they still happen, but the new president doesn’t seem interested in seeing that happen whatsoever.

Welcome to the reality of American politics.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:27 AM   #12060
gweeps
homesick android

No surprise there. Also, Biden has said he needs Sanders and Warren in the Senate.

Out of the frying pan with Trump and into the fire with Biden.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc