These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2020, 04:03 PM   #6661
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1818 View Post
6.4MM is a great start. I thought they initially said 20MM though.
[Only registered users can see links.]
Dr. Ngozi Ezike, director of the Illinois Department of Public Health, said she asked for 400,000 doses of vaccine from the federal government but has been told they will get fewer.

“We have had a readjustment of the numbers that were quoted to us and I have talked to other state health officials – all of them have a proportional decrease in their counts,” Ezike told CNN’s Nia-Malika Henderson on “Inside Politics.”

“We are still waiting to see answers, and understand maybe why that is, but it seems that the initial allotment we thought would be ready to go out – that number has decreased. So as a result, all the states are going to get a smaller amount.”

I really didnít want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I donít feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu thatís not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that theyíre fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which theyíre supposed to be keeping as clean and ďuncompromisedĒ as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 06:53 PM   #6662
gweeps
homesick android

Stay safe over Thanksgiving, my American friends!
Old 11-27-2020, 01:23 AM   #6663
DIDO36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Stay safe over Thanksgiving, my American friends!
It was cancelled, you didnít get the memo? No but seriously thanks! It was a good time.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:38 AM   #6664
Josh.0

My oldest sister got the Rona. She’s 42, overweight, no longer a smoker (stopped a few years ago) but was for two decades. Very, very poor dietary habits overall.

She said she had what felt like a cold with a headache and a little bit of gastrointestinal issues. Mostly just coughing more than anything else. She actually thought she had only a cold until her work made her get tested and she came back positive.

She said she hasn’t lost her sense of taste, no severe fever (she said she may have felt a minor fever for one day, but nothing significant). She’s apparently now feeling better, three days after testing positive.
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:43 AM   #6665
Josh.0

I’ve also been pretty close to exposed myself. I’ve been messing around with this girl who has a family member that was in very close contact with someone that had rona. That family member is now showing symptoms, though rapid testing came back negative. The doctor of that person sent the sample off for further testing as he feels confident it’s coronavirus due to overall symptoms (which sound similar to my sister’s symptoms).

We’re all getting this puppy in the next month or two.
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Old 11-27-2020, 06:48 AM   #6666
gweeps
homesick android

Sorry to hear about your sister. Glad she quit the smokes though. Hope nothing else comes of either situation.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:28 AM   #6667
Josh.0

Oh thanks, I’m really not worried at all. I’d peg her in the bottom 10, 20% of health-conscious people I know and it seems like she barely felt the thing. She’s not officially “over” it, and I know it can come back after people think they’re fine, but she seems about as good as someone can be sans those who are completely asymptomatic.

I’ve wondered if we should start a “personal experiences with COVID only” thread so we can sort of interact with people that’ve had personal experiences with it, whether it’s themselves or people close to them, so we can sort of collectively have that information to think about moving forward. Some folks, for example, have posted that they’ve had a run-in in this thread, but then there often isn’t follow up, so we don’t know how they’ve turned out or the people they’ve talked about have come out of it.

It may be redundant to this, but it seems like a more focused thread detailing individual stories and without any sort of “debate” could be nice to have?
Old 11-27-2020, 08:59 AM   #6668
mario

Thanksgiving had about 20% of air travel compared to last year. Safe to say a vast majority of Americans cancelled their usual Thanksgiving

I really didnít want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I donít feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu thatís not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that theyíre fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which theyíre supposed to be keeping as clean and ďuncompromisedĒ as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:43 AM   #6669
Mersh

For whatever it’s worth, I know 4 people who have gotten it. 1 spent some time in the hospital (mid 50s woman not in the best of health), 2 that got it and were sick for a week to 10 days, but fine (one late 30s and the other mid 40s) and 1 died (early 50s, quite active and healthy otherwise). I am not making some larger statement here, just some anecdotes.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 01:41 PM   #6670
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Sorry for your loss Mersh. Early 50’s should really be the prime of life. Or at least the end of it.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:01 PM   #6671
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

I didn't mention this last week, but a second family member of mine passed away a week and a half ago from Covid. My other family member passed away in late-March. It really sucks...
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:11 PM   #6672
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Britain and other nations press on with AstraZeneca vaccine amid trial questions

Old 11-27-2020, 02:18 PM   #6673
Josh.0

Sorry for your losses, Mersh and Malakas.

My sister is the only person close to me that Iíve known directly at all to come across it. I know people who know people, but this is as close as itís come in my circle.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:24 PM   #6674
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Sorry for your loss Mersh. Early 50ís should really be the prime of life. Or at least the end of it.
Thanks. No one I was super close with, colleague for several years. Great guy and excellent teacher though.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:24 PM   #6675
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
I didn't mention this last week, but a second family member of mine passed away a week and a half ago from Covid. My other family member passed away in late-March. It really sucks...
Sorry to hear that.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:25 PM   #6676
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Sorry for your losses, Mersh and Malakas.

My sister is the only person close to me that Iíve known directly at all to come across it. I know people who know people, but this is as close as itís come in my circle.
Thanks man. I appreciate it. I really haven't been in good head space lately and this situation was just absolutely heartbreaking. My uncle, who passed away, lost his wife six months prior to brain cancer. So that's actually three deaths this year (two from Covid and one from cancer). Their children lost both of their parents in a six month period...

I'm really sorry to hear about your sister as well, but I'm happy that she is feeling better and will ultimately recover. That's the most important thing. It's a very scary feeling and situation.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:26 PM   #6677
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Thanks Mersh. I appreciate it as well.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:03 PM   #6678
gweeps
homesick android

I'm sorry to hear about your colleague, Mersh. An excellent teacher is irreplaceable.

Chris, it's always terrible to lose family members. Keep on truckin' though. As Dr. Michael Osterholm says, with these vaccines there is finally light at the end of the tunnel. Obviously, it's horrible all the folks who won't benefit from it.
Old 11-27-2020, 10:28 PM   #6679
gweeps
homesick android

40 million people? Insane. That's more people than the population of my country. Of many countries.

Old 11-29-2020, 09:53 PM   #6680
Josh.0

I’m anticipating receiving a positive test this week.

The girl I’m dating’s mother has been sick and, originally, returned two negative rapid response tests. When the second one came up negative, the testing provider decided to send the results for further testing because she is showing classic, moderate/moderate-severe symptoms of COVID-19 (nothing requiring hospitalization). That test came back positive.

“The girl” had been with her mom and me both (separately) for several days last week (before Thanksgiving) before the mom started showing symptoms. Now that her mom’s positive test has come back, the girl took a test today (results are expected in 2-4 days) and is quarantining with me at my place (I’m going to take mine tomorrow). I’m guessing we both have it. I have no symptoms of anything but have loaded up on Vitamin D, Zinc, Vitamin C, and baby Aspirin 81 mg.

If asymptomatic spread is indeed possible as we all expect, it’s virtually impossible to escape this thing.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc