These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2021, 08:25 AM   #241
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
I personally love when the band drops one random FU song in a set. But they canít play it the whole tour, itís just gotta be like one-off. For example, outta nowhere, if they play Hunger For The Great Light one night, then not again, the troll job is so good that I actually enjoy that they did it.

Several years ago they did this with True Reflections in Mansfield. Just dropped it outta nowhere then Iím pretty sure they didnít play it again. Epic. Did it one year with I Did It at I believe SPAC.

I can get into that type of off the cuff ďfuck it letís do it onceĒ trolling in the moment. But if itís like the 10th show of the tour theyíve played a shit song then it gets annoying.
Same here. Getting one of the two IDIs in 2015 was actually fun.
As for that True Reflections, that version was killer, tbh. Was actually jealous I missed that one (given I've never seen it live at all either).
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 05:10 PM   #242
pepelapag
You're Fuckin' Out

Quote:
I personally love when the band drops one random FU song in a set. But they canít play it the whole tour, itís just gotta be like one-off. For example, outta nowhere, if they play Hunger For The Great Light one night, then not again, the troll job is so good that I actually enjoy that they did it.

Several years ago they did this with True Reflections in Mansfield. Just dropped it outta nowhere then Iím pretty sure they didnít play it again. Epic. Did it one year with I Did It at I believe SPAC.

I can get into that type of off the cuff ďfuck it letís do it onceĒ trolling in the moment. But if itís like the 10th show of the tour theyíve played a shit song then it gets annoying.
Lol. Add to that list the occasional Dreamgirl
Old 07-07-2021, 05:23 PM   #243
thesouljastal
first time, long time

Last edited by thesouljastal; 07-07-2021 at 05:48 PM.
thesouljastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 05:29 PM   #244
greykitkat36

Quote:

1000% agree. Unforutneltey this is the exception and the rarity. usually they choose a handful of turds each year and drive them into the ground
Old 07-08-2021, 08:22 AM   #245
mja271

Quote:

6/14/08 in Hartford comes to mind. Great set and performance with Can't Stop plopped right in the middle. It was the first since '06 and wasn't played again until '10 . So random that I actually didn't mind it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 08:27 AM   #246
sdaltons

If that's the name of the record, the cover needs to be a pic of Dave similar to Lorde's new album cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittay
but what if the DMB's GGT was a really GGT, then D&F's GGT wouldn't be such a GGT as DMB's GGT, WWYS?
sdaltons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 09:11 AM   #247
sdaltons

It's fine if Dave draws it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittay
but what if the DMB's GGT was a really GGT, then D&F's GGT wouldn't be such a GGT as DMB's GGT, WWYS?
sdaltons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 12:39 PM   #248
patsfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
6/14/08 in Hartford comes to mind. Great set and performance with Can't Stop plopped right in the middle. It was the first since '06 and wasn't played again until '10 . So random that I actually didn't mind it.
The rest of that show is also incredible. The bartender is so interesting where they are clearly trying to give Tim a chance to find his spot on the song. Also roi really went all in on the oboe. Billies is also fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeQuietAndDrive View Post
Citing "poor lyrics" as the reason for not liking Seven is like saying you don't like ice cream because "it's cold."

You have a point, but it's a stupid one.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:45 PM   #249
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
The rest of that show is also incredible. The bartender is so interesting where they are clearly trying to give Tim a chance to find his spot on the song. Also roi really went all in on the oboe. Billies is also fantastic.
That's a Bartender for the ages for sure. What You Are and Pay For What You Get from that show were great versions too.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:04 PM   #250
batleon

That Hartford '08 N2 show is an all-timer. Amazing to experience and holds up on every re-listen. Aside from the highlights already mentioned (and the random FU Can't Stop lol) it was the first So Damn Lucky with extended outro and that was out of this world.

EDIT: I also caught that True Reflections at Mansfield '13 and enjoyed the shit out of it
Seriously though Coffin goes off at the end of that TR and it's pretty good.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 02:22 PM   #251
batleon

The E1 #27 is also probably the best version of that song ever played.

Also Roi's last Maker and another good version.

Yeah it was a really good show.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 08:19 PM   #252
dancetheham

A song called "The Riddle" was registered with ASCAP in April. Writing credits for Dave and David Hickman ([Only registered users can see links.] ?).

[Only registered users can see links.]

EDIT: Actually it was *removed* in April. Here's the note from ASCAP: "This work has been removed from the ASCAP Repertory except with respect to final written license agreements in effect on the following date(s) (corresponding to each interest referenced above): 04/01/2021"

Anyone know what that means?

EDIT 2: A lot of Dave's songs have the same note in the ASCAP database. Interesting.

Last edited by dancetheham; 07-11-2021 at 08:44 PM.
dancetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:07 PM   #253
Yeedog
Heidi-ho Neighboreno

I was looking at all the songs Dave has credits on and I don't recognize a few of them ...
  • EUREKA CUES
  • I NEED A WORD
  • OTIS PLAYS AND TALKS
  • THE RIDDLE
  • WE'LL BE JUST BEGINNING

Homer: All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat!?'. I'm trying to impress people here Lisa. You don't win friends with salad.
Yeedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:10 PM   #254
dancetheham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeedog View Post
I was looking at all the songs Dave has credits on and I don't recognize a few of them ...
  • EUREKA CUES - not sure, but it's from something like Sesame Street or a movie, not really a song per se
  • I NEED A WORD - from Sesame Street
  • OTIS PLAYS AND TALKS - from Because of Winn Dixie
  • THE RIDDLE - no clue
  • WE'LL BE JUST BEGINNING - probably related to WTWE (alternate title is We'll Just Be Beginning, which fits WTWE even more)
See notations above
dancetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:16 PM   #255
bassplayer22

Strong hits on Ants that there is a song called The Only Thing that could be released Friday.
bassplayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:27 PM   #256
typsitch

I can't fathom how bad these new songs will be. Will be fun to hear them debut live though, with a buzz.
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:29 PM   #257
soups
Rashawn has to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayer22 View Post
Strong hits on Ants that there is a song called The Only Thing that could be released Friday.
Oh myyy
soups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:30 PM   #258
bassplayer22

I hope they are worse than Stand Up so you can revel in the misery.
Old 07-20-2021, 09:32 PM   #259
soups
Rashawn has to go

I would love the songs to be either great or terrible. I imagine they'll be in between, making me hang around and agonize about how good they could be if they did _____
soups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:33 PM   #260
bassplayer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by soups View Post
I would love the songs to be either great or terrible. I imagine they'll be in between, making me hang around and agonize about how good they could be if they did _____
Itíll either be if Dave wrote better lyrics or if Jeff had more solos. The formula isnít terribly hard for us lol.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc