These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2018, 08:54 PM   #3401
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me
 
Thrawn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 4,143
If they pass over Boyd in favor of someone much more talented on violin, I am TOTALLY IN FAVOR of that.
__________________
Being a Dave Matthews fan in 2018:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sci22 View Post
It's quite possible that if I catch you on a day you take a ghost shit where there's nothing to be wiped, the other 2 piles will smell much worse imo
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:17 PM   #3402
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 5,258
Stefan "hearted" one or Boyd's Instagram posts from a couple days ago about Faces in The Mirror on Fallen
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:38 PM   #3403
BigVodka
 
BigVodka's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: darkside of the loon
Posts: 2,297
How long till stray cat ends up with socks on?
__________________
.celebrate we won't.
BigVodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:03 PM   #3404
gary
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: sc
Posts: 902
someone needs to update their FB page


Last edited by gary; 12-01-2018 at 04:28 PM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:01 PM   #3405
.Gary.
 
.Gary.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,314
I was thinking about how in a blink of an eye a guy who was a prominent member of a highly successful band is basically an afterthought now.
.Gary. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:27 PM   #3406
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 31,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Gary. View Post
I was thinking about how in a blink of an eye a guy who was a prominent member of a highly successful band is basically an afterthought now.


It may not seem like it, but I feel like it was such a long time coming rather than in the blink of an eye.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:56 PM   #3407
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 16,507
His dismissal was sudden, but it’s been a very long time since he’s really been an essential part of the band, musically speaking. I think that’s made it a lot easier to adjust to his absence.
__________________
Itís all a load of bullocks, and bullocks to it all.
Bluewater34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:19 PM   #3408
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 4,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparker507 View Post
Hate to admit it, but I believe this also. Heard and seen too many stories. Sorta ruins the love Justin and I had for him, but he'll always be my favorite drummer.
I dunno if I brought this up last summer but before the hartford show I saw Carter backstage near the busses walking with a group of fans that he either knew or something but they came in from the side of the lawn. This is proof enough to me heís kinda a dick because he hasnít met you guys yet.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:16 PM   #3409
Aparker507
 
Aparker507's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
I dunno if I brought this up last summer but before the hartford show I saw Carter backstage near the busses walking with a group of fans that he either knew or something but they came in from the side of the lawn. This is proof enough to me he’s kinda a dick because he hasn’t met you guys yet.
Their tour manager set me up to meet him.... Emailed me out of nowhere.... For the Arkansas show this year. They're in ARKANSAS, with nothing going on and Carter told him day of the show he just didn't have time. Pissed me off.

Got to see Henry as usual and sat on the kit, but man. Justin I think has completely moved on from Carter, and it's easy to see why. Still our favorite drummer, but oh well. I'm kinda over meeting the guy myself. Just no longer worth it.

I've really missed his old drumming lately, and not at all thrilled about the kit decisions he's given Henry as of late. Cool they're using the snare drum I found. Henry's the best.

But, back to the Boyd talk!
Aparker507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:19 PM   #3410
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 19,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparker507 View Post
Their tour manager set me up to meet him.... Emailed me out of nowhere.... For the Arkansas show this year. They're in ARKANSAS, with nothing going on and Carter told him day of the show he just didn't have time. Pissed me off.

Got to see Henry as usual and sat on the kit, but man. Justin I think has completely moved on from Carter, and it's easy to see why. Still our favorite drummer, but oh well. I'm kinda over meeting the guy myself. Just no longer worth it.

I've really missed his old drumming lately, and not at all thrilled about the kit decisions he's given Henry as of late. Cool they're using the snare drum I found. Henry's the best.

But, back to the Boyd talk!
I feel for you man. It's really not cool that Carter dicked you over like that, especially since you are most likely his biggest fan and have developed such a great relationship with Henry. It's just not right man.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
let the children write the sets
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:53 PM   #3411
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVodka View Post
How long till stray cat ends up with socks on?
funny to me because today I saw some video he posted and thought just wait till he starts talking about the cat and socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparker507 View Post
Their tour manager set me up to meet him.... Emailed me out of nowhere.... For the Arkansas show this year. They're in ARKANSAS, with nothing going on and Carter told him day of the show he just didn't have time. Pissed me off.

Got to see Henry as usual and sat on the kit, but man. Justin I think has completely moved on from Carter, and it's easy to see why. Still our favorite drummer, but oh well. I'm kinda over meeting the guy myself. Just no longer worth it.

I've really missed his old drumming lately, and not at all thrilled about the kit decisions he's given Henry as of late. Cool they're using the snare drum I found. Henry's the best.

But, back to the Boyd talk!
Yeah BS, 5 mins can be had to make the day (or more) of the people who put you where you are
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:53 PM   #3412
DMBCLSTJ
 
DMBCLSTJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 5,415
Carter was one of the nicest guys I’ve met with his type of celebrity. I’m sorry you haven’t been able to meet him Adam but I’m really thinking it’s just been bad timing and not that he wants to dick you over.
__________________
Originally Posted by Jayes
If he just lays down two full elbow chords loudly over the entirety of That Girl Is You, he wins the band.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:06 AM   #3413
SomeDevil17
 
SomeDevil17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Barely mic'd and then immediately passed over for other keys when the band had a full time opening. Probably just Dave and Carter being savages. "Yea, we remember him. He was willing to come back. We were just able to get someone much more talented."
One of the most bizarre things this band has done IMO.
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 11:50 AM   #3414
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,268
Boyd Is No Longer A Member of DMB #skreetoo

Not a hot take, but I don’t see Boyd coming back at all. I understand the implications regarding HOF induction and the first of several farewell tours, but I don’t see it.

I’m still not convinced we’ll see another studio effort from these guys either. Hope to be proven wrong, but in that case, hope it’s MUCH better and more cohesive than what we got this year.

Last edited by Jayes; 12-03-2018 at 09:13 AM.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:35 PM   #3415
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity
 
typsitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDevil17 View Post
One of the most bizarre things this band has done IMO.
Not bizarre, just following the Music Director's orders.
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:05 PM   #3416
BigVodka
 
BigVodka's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: darkside of the loon
Posts: 2,297
Makes sense to me. Trying to cultivate a new sound. Not trying to go backwards.
__________________
.celebrate we won't.
BigVodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #3417
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by typsitch View Post
Not bizarre, just following the Music Director's orders.
Exactly, had Butch called them and said do you need help they prob would go with him.
Buddy was 100% a Rashawn hook up vs the band seeking him out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Not a hot take, but I don’t see Boyd coming back at all. I understand the implications regarding HOF induction and the first of several farewell tours, but I don’t see it.

I’m still not convinced we’ll see another studio effort from these guys either. Hope to be proved wrong, but in that case, hope it’s MUCH better and more cohesive than what we got this year.
If any "new material" is the way of tBS or CT I don't want it.
There is so much good material that doesn't get played now, we don't need to continue to water down things like they have
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:24 PM   #3418
bsan83
4, 3, 2, 1....
 
bsan83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 26,539
I'd be surprised if they didn't have Buddy involved in one studio effort after how happy they've seemed with this year.
bsan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:47 PM   #3419
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 19,074
Boyd Is No Longer A Member of DMB #skreetoo

I mean, they have to capitalize on The Batson Sessions, right? I can see them doing that in 2019.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
let the children write the sets
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:56 PM   #3420
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsan83 View Post
I'd be surprised if they didn't have Buddy involved in one studio effort after how happy they've seemed with this year.
This will definitely happen.

They're feeling rejuvenated and Buddy is a big reason why.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.09650 seconds with 17 queries