These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2018, 12:01 PM   #61
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

Nice to see Dave going out of his comfort zone for two songs.
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:06 PM   #62
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by typsitch View Post
* One and a half songs.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:56 PM   #63
greykitkat36

I do agree that a solo tour would be a lot of fun. I donít think it would be better than Dave and Tim but itíd something different and a nice change of pace. Dave hasnít done a proper solo tour before except that little stint in London in 2001, and even that was relatively short. Would be fun and interesting to see what a 15-18 show solo tour would look like set wise. Maybe would even hear some new stuff thatís never been tried before.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:03 PM   #64
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
I do agree that a solo tour would be a lot of fun. I don’t think it would be better than Dave and Tim but it’d something different and a nice change of pace. Dave hasn’t done a proper solo tour before except that little stint in London in 2001, and even that was relatively short. Would be fun and interesting to see what a 15-18 show solo tour would look like set wise. Maybe would even hear some new stuff that’s never been tried before.

Unfortunately, he doesn’t have the confidence to do this though. I mean I could be wrong, but that’s my impression.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:43 PM   #65
mikelhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
Unfortunately, he doesnít have the confidence to do this though. I mean I could be wrong, but thatís my impression.
Def this... It was very apparent at this Agora Theatre show that he was very nervous. Never seemed to subside for the whole hour and 15 he was on stage.
Very cool to catch him in this setting tho along w Radio City back in Jan. I love d/t but there's something about just him and his guitar.
Also, I think the solo tour was in 2006 across the pond. 3 or 4 shows.
mikelhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:56 PM   #66
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by typsitch View Post
Heís practicing BOWA for this summer...no Boyd on BOWA
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 05:18 PM   #67
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
He’s practicing BOWA for this summer...no Boyd on BOWA
He sings the Hey La La's. Rashawn could take it...or the ladies.... Not much Boyd on Dreaming Tree either. Though I still don't think they're going to adjust their sets like that, I think they're going to go about shit normally and just give Tim, Rashawn or Jeff those violin solo sections. I wouldn't expect much effort on their end to "bypass" violin.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:24 PM   #68
NiCK (Crush)

If they played Ants at the Night Before show than they'll play anything without Boyd. I wouldn't think like that.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:54 PM   #69
dmb2much40

Quote:
I do agree that a solo tour would be a lot of fun. I donít think it would be better than Dave and Tim but itíd something different and a nice change of pace. Dave hasnít done a proper solo tour before except that little stint in London in 2001, and even that was relatively short. Would be fun and interesting to see what a 15-18 show solo tour would look like set wise. Maybe would even hear some new stuff thatís never been tried before.
If that benaroya show is any indication, a solo tour could be really refreshing. Some surprises and different takes.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:54 AM   #70
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb2much40 View Post
If that benaroya show is any indication, a solo tour could be really refreshing. Some surprises and different takes.
Yeah. Dave does seem to enjoy throwing us a bone (the hardcores). Clearly he has a handful of songs he loves to beat into the ground on a given tour, but he's usually not the problem when it comes to busting stuff out. (Just look at his solo sets and D+T sets..much more varied) He was also the one in 2010 to suggest bringing back Hello Again and opening a show up with it. I still think a lot of the staleness is to be blamed on Carter. Tim, Jeff and Rashawn I doubt care what gets played and Boyd was checked out. Stefan is always into busting stuff out and asking fans what they want to hear and Dave seems willing as well. Obviously I'm speculating and am being unfair because I have no idea, but I'm willing to bet that Carter is the one who says no to a lot of stuff, which is unfortunate.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:47 AM   #71
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Dave solo show in Cleveland, April 20

Quote:
Yeah. Dave does seem to enjoy throwing us a bone (the hardcores). Clearly he has a handful of songs he loves to beat into the ground on a given tour, but he's usually not the problem when it comes to busting stuff out. (Just look at his solo sets and D+T sets..much more varied) He was also the one in 2010 to suggest bringing back Hello Again and opening a show up with it. I still think a lot of the staleness is to be blamed on Carter. Tim, Jeff and Rashawn I doubt care what gets played and Boyd was checked out. Stefan is always into busting stuff out and asking fans what they want to hear and Dave seems willing as well. Obviously I'm speculating and am being unfair because I have no idea, but I'm willing to bet that Carter is the one who says no to a lot of stuff, which is unfortunate.

As time goes on over the years, I view Carter as a drama queen or pre-madonna more and more. Once my favorite band member, he has become my least favorite band member (of the core 5). The dude caused so many problems over the years, but Dave always ballwashed him.

Last edited by MaLaKaS; 04-24-2018 at 08:15 AM.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:01 AM   #72
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
If they played Ants at the Night Before show than they'll play anything without Boyd. I wouldn't think like that.
I think this is dead on. They were willing to tackle a Boyd-heavy song the day after he left. After tour rehearsals I really donít think theyíre going to count anything out.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:31 AM   #73
mikelhu

Has anyone seen a recording of this anywhere? Can't find it on DreamingTree but maybe I missed it?....
I know There was one mic on the floor left side...
Old 07-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #74
Feathered
oh shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelhu View Post
Has anyone seen a recording of this anywhere? Can't find it on DreamingTree but maybe I missed it?....
I know There was one mic on the floor left side...
I think we are establishing that tapes are not really coming out like they used to anymore. I was wondering about this the other day and didn't find anything at all on it.

You can always listen to the youtube video of DT>BOWA and get to hear that one bro going WOO WOO WOO WOOOOOOOO and singing 2-3 words of it in between the WOO's.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:57 AM   #75
mikelhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered View Post
I think we are establishing that tapes are not really coming out like they used to anymore. I was wondering about this the other day and didn't find anything at all on it.

You can always listen to the youtube video of DT>BOWA and get to hear that one bro going WOO WOO WOO WOOOOOOOO and singing 2-3 words of it in between the WOO's.
Yea I was wondering if I just couldn't find it but if you looked for this show too it prob isn't out there. 😕

Most of those YouTube videos are brutal w the goofs screaming.
Yee's are nice but he only has 3 songs up
Old 07-22-2018, 10:15 AM   #76
sean52692
You failed this band

Damn, I wish there was a tape for this too. Dreaming Tree BOWA is money.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:18 AM   #77
TDunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelhu View Post
Yea I was wondering if I just couldn't find it but if you looked for this show too it prob isn't out there. ?

Most of those YouTube videos are brutal w the goofs screaming.
Yee's are nice but he only has 3 songs up
Dammit Jay
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:26 PM   #78
timmys24

I was able to cobble together a recording of this show through youtube user Nick Perry's videos. Link to 1st song is below. It has every song, might be missing some of the between songs stuff, but at least you get the songs. Overall sound isn't great, but it's something.

[Only registered users can see links.]

Not sure if anyone tried to get in recording equipment to tape this show. I think the mic that has been referenced at stage left was a venue mic. My brother asked if they could record just their opening set and were told know by the management co who put on the show, so they may not have allowed taping equipment.
timmys24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:52 PM   #79
timmys24

For Cleveland area people who might be interested, a couple performances for the opener from this show, Front Porch Lights, are coming up:

The lead singer, Conor Standish, is playing a solo acoustic set at a fundraiser I’m hosting tomorrow afternoon at Jukebox in Ohio City. Info here:

Apologies for late notice on that one.

And the full band is headlining a show at Mahall’s in Lakewood on Oct 25. I’ve been told they’ll take the stage about 9 pm. Info:

Check em out if you’re around!
timmys24 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc