These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2018, 06:58 AM   #101
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
Hey...

Hey yo.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:34 AM   #102
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
We're all in this together man. I've been going through tough times this spring/summer. We are all here for you.

I'm torn on this - he brings up a couple good points that I've found to be true. I don't think he's here to help people though.
When you say shit like "depression doesn't exist", it's pretty easy to see where that's going in terms of future discussion. I'm just being preemptive so I don't have to ban him from the thread AFTER he starts telling people not to seek professional help.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:31 AM   #103
JamSession v2.0
A magician named...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
When you say shit like "depression doesn't exist", it's pretty easy to see where that's going in terms of future discussion. I'm just being preemptive so I don't have to ban him from the thread AFTER he starts telling people not to seek professional help.
Thanks Brandon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
LET HE WHO HASN'T JERKED OFF ON HIS SLEEPING EMPLOYEE CAST THE FIRST STONE!
JamSession v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #104
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

I know I’m a little delayed here from yesterday’s post. My apologies. I got a little nervous for a little while there. To be honest, I fell off the wagon hard again lately with my mental condition. Not only is everything affecting me personally, but my wife and our marriage as well. Things have been really rocky between us as a result. I started drinking and smoking more again. Not proud of that.

I’m sure you guys can tell from my negative on here lately as well. There is just not much that I care about lately. Only things that keeps me going is going to either the gym or concerts.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 02:01 PM   #105
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
you're supposed to be texting me to check in, bud

I will today. My bad.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:11 PM   #106
JamSession v2.0
A magician named...

Quote:
I know Iím a little delayed here from yesterdayís post. My apologies. I got a little nervous for a little while there. To be honest, I fell off the wagon hard again lately with my mental condition. Not only is everything affecting me personally, but my wife and our marriage as well. Things have been really rocky between us as a result. I started drinking and smoking more again. Not proud of that.

Iím sure you guys can tell from my negative on here lately as well. There is just not much that I care about lately. Only things that keeps me going is going to either the gym or concerts.
it's all good. As someone who goes through depressive cycles, I definitely understand how hard it is to give a shit when it always feels like rain.

Does your wife help support you when you go through these cycles? My ex was the worst at being compassionate when I'd be in depressive spirals.

Quote:
Old 06-09-2018, 02:23 PM   #107
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamSession v2.0 View Post
it's all good. As someone who goes through depressive cycles, I definitely understand how hard it is to give a shit when it always feels like rain.

Does your wife help support you when you go through these cycles? My ex was the worst at being compassionate when I'd be in depressive spirals.

My wife is very supportive and loving. However, we do disagree about medicine vs. no medicine. Every time I’ve gone on stuff (for either depression or OCD), it made me feel horrible and not myself. She prefers the medicinal route, while I’m trying to find a more holistic solution.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:29 PM   #108
JamSession v2.0
A magician named...

Quote:
My wife is very supportive and loving. However, we do disagree about medicine vs. no medicine. Every time Iíve gone on stuff (for either depression or OCD), it made me feel horrible and not myself. She prefers the medicinal route, while Iím trying to find a more holistic solution.
I'm glad that she's supportive, that's much better than trying to work with someone who just yells at you to be better.

Regarding the meds, same here. I was on Paxil and then a litany of other shit that I can't remember, each making me feel worse than the last. After time, I couldn't stand not feeling like myself, so I (once) went cold turkey on my meds and (other time) weaned myself off. I have since gotten divorced, had serious anxiety and stress issues, but haven't started back on the meds.

It's a mixed bag. Tamby is right in a sense, in that some practices can help offset the intensity of depression/anxiety. Meditation and altering some behaviors has helped, but I still get waves of less intense depression. He is totally and utterly up his own ass when he says depression isn't real, though.

Quote:
Old 06-09-2018, 02:53 PM   #109
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
I'm glad that she's supportive, that's much better than trying to work with someone who just yells at you to be better.

Regarding the meds, same here. I was on Paxil and then a litany of other shit that I can't remember, each making me feel worse than the last. After time, I couldn't stand not feeling like myself, so I (once) went cold turkey on my meds and (other time) weaned myself off. I have since gotten divorced, had serious anxiety and stress issues, but haven't started back on the meds.

It's a mixed bag. Tamby is right in a sense, in that some practices can help offset the intensity of depression/anxiety. Meditation and altering some behaviors has helped, but I still get waves of less intense depression. He is totally and utterly up his own ass when he says depression isn't real, though.

I mean my wife got really frustrated with me when I went off the meds, but all of them were making me feel sick, zombie-like, overweight, and unhappy. She is still stubborn in that respect, but at the same time, she is so loving and supporting of this horrible disease. However, it is really hurting her at the same time. I don’t want to hurt her, but I don’t want to be without her either.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:59 PM   #110
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Sounds like you're also in a very stressful situation, Malakas. Trying to save a marriage while simultaneously trying to save yourself. It's not an uncommon thing at all. A lot of people have gone, are currently going through what you are. Have you ever reached out to someone to talk on a professional level? I don't mean someone to diagnose and prescribe, you've obviously done that. I mean setting up weekly or bi-weekly meetings with a counselor.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:39 PM   #111
Mitch

Quote:
I mean my wife got really frustrated with me when I went off the meds, but all of them were making me feel sick, zombie-like, overweight, and unhappy.

I’m proud of you for getting off the meds, bud. Get those supplements ordered! That, plus meditation/mindfulness, and some regular counseling/therapy like Brandon said, we’ll get you on the right track.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:12 AM   #112
gweeps

gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:34 AM   #113
JamSession v2.0
A magician named...

gweeps: that resonates

hey Malakas - you doing all right?

Quote:
Old 06-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #114
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

it's ok, it's alright, nothings wrong
Old 06-18-2018, 06:59 PM   #115
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
you ok, bud?
Old 06-18-2018, 07:28 PM   #116
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post

This isn’t the work thread!

(But really, what’s going on?)
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:15 PM   #117
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

Reading this thread is tough for me. My wife has severe depression and anxiety and has attempted to take her life on two occasions. And now my daughter (8), with the same diagnoses, has started having suicidal thoughts of their own.

After everything, I still can't say I fully understand what is going on or how best to support them. But, to give a different perspective in this thread, as a struggling husband and father, I just want to say you don't have to go through it alone. I admire the ridiculous strength it must take to keep pushing forward every day. Your family and friends will never fully understand, but they will do whatever it takes to help lift your spirits. And that includes the TDC family here.

Archives in Cowtown
DMBTex10101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:46 AM   #118
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBTex10101 View Post
Reading this thread is tough for me. My wife has severe depression and anxiety and has attempted to take her life on two occasions. And now my daughter (8), with the same diagnoses, has started having suicidal thoughts of their own.

After everything, I still can't say I fully understand what is going on or how best to support them. But, to give a different perspective in this thread, as a struggling husband and father, I just want to say you don't have to go through it alone. I admire the ridiculous strength it must take to keep pushing forward every day. Your family and friends will never fully understand, but they will do whatever it takes to help lift your spirits. And that includes the TDC family here.
I'm sorry to hear that, bro. Everything's constantly changing, including ourselves. They're not necessarily locked into being any certain way forever, and I hope that things improve for both of them.

And yeah, anyone going through any hard time, let the nonsense here be part of your therapy
Old 06-19-2018, 09:31 AM   #119
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Same shit different day. I really feel like my entire life is a just a punchline to a joke everyone else is in on.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:54 PM   #120
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
gweeps: that resonates

hey Malakas - you doing all right?

Hey I’m back. I had step to the aide for a few weeks/month. It’s been really tough, but I’m hanging in. Im actually starting an IOP (Intensive Outpatient Program) in two weeks. It’s five days/week and will last for a month. I really nervous about it, but I’m remaining hopeful at the same time.

I’m gonna try and stay on here and board with you guys.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc