These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2018, 11:20 AM   #4601
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Had a blast last night. Trey was in a great mood and the crowd was amazing. So respectful and quiet. The venue, of course, was fabulous. More opened which was cool. Trey’s playing has gotten so much better on the acoustic. Not sure if itis practice, or sobriety (probably both), but he has gotten so much better. He basically nailed Lizards, pretty sure only one small lyrical hiccup. And, he jammed out Tube

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:26 PM   #4602
Mersh

Hope they put this whole run on Live Phish eventually
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:26 PM   #4603
Mersh

And I agree with the improvement of his acoustic playing.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:45 PM   #4604
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
And I agree with the improvement of his acoustic playing.
After Lizards he said something like, “man, that song has a lot of chords. For the last twenty years, when we play it live, I just let page play them. I just do bar chords and hit the reverb. Cause reverb is sexy. Too many chords.”

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:23 AM   #4605
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Had a blast last night. Trey was in a great mood and the crowd was amazing. So respectful and quiet. The venue, of course, was fabulous. More opened which was cool. Trey’s playing has gotten so much better on the acoustic. Not sure if itis practice, or sobriety (probably both), but he has gotten so much better. He basically nailed Lizards, pretty sure only one small lyrical hiccup. And, he jammed out Tube
Show was up on youtube Sunday afternoon. Really fun watch. How did you like the venue?
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #4606
phishb13

Quote:
Saw the Trey show in Ithaca last night. Really enjoyed it...got a good set IMO. If I had a complaint it was that it was a little shorter than I thought it would be. Wasn't expecting 2 1/2-3 hours, but it was maybe an hour and a half to an hour 45. If the rest of the tour is as good or better this will be a nice run of shows to get from LP when they eventually post them.
i thought the same thing about the length of the show after listening to a Morristown stream on Thursday night, but I went back and looked at the shows from last year and they were about the same length (~105-110 minutes)

trey is having so much fun at these shows- what a great way to connect with fans
Old 02-12-2018, 02:34 PM   #4607
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishb13 View Post
i thought the same thing about the length of the show after listening to a Morristown stream on Thursday night, but I went back and looked at the shows from last year and they were about the same length (~105-110 minutes)

trey is having so much fun at these shows- what a great way to connect with fans
Yeah, wish I went to that Morristown show, it's right near me, tickets were really tough to get though. Watchted the show on youtube as well, seems like a good time--definitely a short show, but then again it is just a solo acoustic show. The set from Morristown wasn't quite my favorite either, but to see Trey in an intimate setting like that, must be awesome. And his stories were pretty funny too. A shame we probably won't ever see Dave and Tim in venues that small again for a long time.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:47 PM   #4608
Mitch

LivePhish archival release of 8/12/98 Vernon Downs today
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:38 PM   #4609
Mersh

Good show, was there.

They also put up the first night of the Trey solo tour.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:59 PM   #4610
Crush87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
LivePhish archival release of 8/12/98 Vernon Downs today
It's a good sounding 2 track board. The night before was released as a multi. Very confusing why they do what they do.
Crush87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:51 PM   #4611
phishb13

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Yeah, wish I went to that Morristown show, it's right near me, tickets were really tough to get though. Watchted the show on youtube as well, seems like a good time--definitely a short show, but then again it is just a solo acoustic show. The set from Morristown wasn't quite my favorite either, but to see Trey in an intimate setting like that, must be awesome. And his stories were pretty funny too. A shame we probably won't ever see Dave and Tim in venues that small again for a long time.
kinda funny, because there were a bunch of extras to be had right outside of the theater in Ithaca. there was even a re-release early on in the day at the box office.

i thought Morristown's set was just OK too, but all of these shows are so fun to listen to. i love that Trey is using his pedals a lot more this year- it lends itself to really interesting interpretations of these tunes.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:53 PM   #4612
phishb13

i am VERY pumped about this Vernon show release- my 2nd show. if only they would get around to releasing 8/14/97 from Darien Lake...
Old 02-12-2018, 08:49 PM   #4613
Mersh

Obviously only 3 shows deep, but the Ithaca show is the best set so far IMO. Not an I was there thing either, just full of stuff that I thought were good gets and Trey solos debuts. Cool that Maze was played at Harvard too.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:58 AM   #4614
phishb13

Quote:
Obviously only 3 shows deep, but the Ithaca show is the best set so far IMO. Not an I was there thing either, just full of stuff that I thought were good gets and Trey solos debuts. Cool that Maze was played at Harvard too.
i loved him looking at the Sand sign in the front row. "i'm just looking at this sign up here... i'm not sure how that's going to work on this thing. eh!" and right into Sand. first time played I think?

and then to follow that up with Fuego was brilliant. lots of great little jams on Friday night.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:33 PM   #4615
phishb13

The Trey shows are going up on LivePhish

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 02-14-2018, 07:59 AM   #4616
dmb448

If I knew Trey was going to be in Cambridge I would have gotten tickets to the show! Hopefully he will come back next year to do another acoustic show.
dmb448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #4617
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishb13 View Post
The Trey shows are going up on LivePhish

[Only registered users can see links.]

I downloaded the Morristown show. Set looks good to me. Maybe I'm just old and corny, but I like Blaze On, Everything's Right, and More. They resonate with me. Interested to hear them acoustic.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:34 AM   #4618
JustinC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush87 View Post
It's a good sounding 2 track board. The night before was released as a multi. Very confusing why they do what they do.
They didn't bring multi-track recording equipment to every show back then.
Starlake was a show they decided to record in multi. Vernon Downs wasn't.
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:39 AM   #4619
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

So I just listened to Farmhouse earlier this morning. My first time listening to a full length Phish album. I enjoyed it for the most part.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:56 AM   #4620
Crush87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
They didn't bring multi-track recording equipment to every show back then.
Starlake was a show they decided to record in multi. Vernon Downs wasn't.
Tascam DA-88's (their multi machine) could be finicky. That's the only real explanation I can think of. There's no confirmation that they didn't run multis at Vernon Downs

"Paul began doing 32 track DA-88 recording in Summer/Fall 1994,
and has done every show since then on 32 track, with only a few
exceptions." - Shapiro

Find it very unlikely they ran them at Star Lake and decided to send the machine straight to Maine for Lemonwheel to forgo its use at Vernon Downs. The "exceptions" that Kevin is talking about are shows like Japan '99, not cherry picking their domestic shows.
Crush87 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc