These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2018, 10:56 PM   #81
patsfan39

So great dave had the balls to do this. Bringing out another band. Sounds fresh and has some of the magic those acoustic sets were tapping into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:09 PM   #82
Tomacco

Okay now there’s a drummer and multiple band members. This is not Dave and Tim at all. But I am curious to hear it.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:11 AM   #83
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
That photo is pretty fucking embarrassing. No one could bother to pull themselves away from shitty alcohol long enough to watch Bela fleck play?
Agreed, typical “ugly American” behavior in one of the most dangerous countries in the world. No amount of money could make me crass enough to watch a concert from a pool. I guess that makes me a hater

The set list proper looks fantastic. All the power slots have surprising songs. Goddamn what a treat to hear Typical with no Rashawn
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:39 AM   #84
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Iím watching on periscope. Graves was especially beautiful and good.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:16 AM   #85
Tomacco

Carlos seems to be the most frequent DMB guest since Robert Randolph. And he's a hell of a lot better than Robert Randolph, so no complaints here. I hope he winds up on DMB's next album.
Watching a periscope feed, WWYS onward is spectacular. LITHOG is a beauty. Jimi is a fun jam. Typical sounds great. And LIOG could be right out of the 90s. Fantastic. Watchtower has the raw feel of an early 90s full band version.
And #41 is so great and mellow, with all the right little jam parts. Great to hear Bela throw in some Sojourn too. And the solos are amazing. This (along with all these other guest spots) makes me want an official release of this show. It'd be pretty different from any DMB or D&T release.

Last edited by Tomacco; 01-13-2018 at 02:09 AM.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:38 AM   #86
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Agreed, typical “ugly American” behavior in one of the most dangerous countries in the world. No amount of money could make me crass enough to watch a concert from a pool. I guess that makes me a hater

The set list proper looks fantastic. All the power slots have surprising songs. Goddamn what a treat to hear Typical with no Rashawn
Yeesh. Looks like living the dream to me. Being in a pool with loved ones, having a drink in the sun, on vacation, watching a world class musician poolside. That'd feel pretty damn special. The only reason I would hate on it is out of fucking envy.
That being said, there's a good reason I'm not at these shows, or last year's. These Mexico resort shows cross a line of extravagance even I can't fork over money for. And I've seen DMB at the Gorge like 5 times, and in Europe twice, and all over the US for dozens upon dozens of shows. But you need to have some serious extra coin to buy into these Mexico shows (right after the holiday season no less). But, I have no basis to hate on it. Supply and demand. If there's demand, power to them for supplying the experience.

The fact that there seems to be nobody from TDC, and basically nobody on Ants, at these shows makes me wonder who the hell these people are going to these shows, and selling them out no less.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:39 AM   #87
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

As much as I tried not to be, I’m a hater. The all-you-can-drink margarita slushee machines, poolside Bela Fleck concert...just pathetic. Too bad it’s not the 90s anymore, that resort would be pussy galore
Old 01-13-2018, 06:52 AM   #88
SeekUpAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
As much as I tried not to be, Iím a hater. The all-you-can-drink margarita slushee machines, poolside Bela Fleck concert...just pathetic. Too bad itís not the 90s anymore, that resort would be pussy galore
Whenever they post these pics I see how long it takes to find a woman who's in shape. It is not quick.

You guys realize that shot of Bela wasn't like the actual show though, right? It was probably surprise poolside entertainment. There's not even any room to gather outside the pool!

Setlist looks pretty nice, guests spots in particular. Love that they went full band. Looking forward to hearing those.
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:24 AM   #89
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekUpAB View Post
Whenever they post these pics I see how long it takes to find a woman who's in shape. It is not quick.

You guys realize that shot of Bela wasn't like the actual show though, right? It was probably surprise poolside entertainment. There's not even any room to gather outside the pool!
Exactly. Thank you! Your options were to watch it from the pool, or behind the pool. Behind the pool looks packed with people watching. No need to go out of your way to hate on this.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:22 AM   #90
mario

I have no problem with the show by the pool. Just the lack of attendees to see bela play.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:12 AM   #91
phishb13

just taking a quick break from a late morning breakfast at the Barcelo and it’s so refreshing to find the usual shitheads doing the usual shitposting about an event they weren’t at
Old 01-13-2018, 11:19 AM   #92
mario

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:20 AM   #93
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:24 AM   #94
sean52692
You failed this band

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishb13 View Post
just taking a quick break from a late morning breakfast at the Barcelo and itís so refreshing to find the usual shitheads doing the usual shitposting about an event they werenít at
No kidding. It is hilarious

I can't wait to hear the guest spots last night. Song selection looks incredible. A LITHOG, Jimi, Typical, LIOG, #41, and Watchtower run!

Hopefully Dave hasn't forgotten he and Tim did Pig last year...
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:29 PM   #95
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

These next two could be real nice if they expand in the guested section at the end. Interested to hear how it plays out.

Old 01-13-2018, 12:44 PM   #96
TDunk

Quote:
just taking a quick break from a late morning breakfast at the Barcelo and it’s so refreshing to find the usual shitheads doing the usual shitposting about an event they weren’t at

Lame take

I think we know there are 2 worlds for each show, at the show and viewing the setlists from afar

Each are valid
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:49 PM   #97
SeekUpAB

Quote:
just taking a quick break from a late morning breakfast at the Barcelo and itís so refreshing to find the usual shitheads doing the usual shitposting about an event they werenít at
We should put that on the shirts.
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #98
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:

Hope you’re having fun! If you don’t like it, you don’t have to post here, remember that!
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #99
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

The majority of the takes are positive. Chris certainly has every right to be annoyed by a select few. Just as they have a right to be annoyed. I totally agree with him that Tambo and Mario were reacting to something without all the facts and seemed to over-react about ‘ugly americans refusing the pull themselves away from alcohol.” But, this is pointless conversation...

Old 01-13-2018, 01:59 PM   #100
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
You missed the yoga class this morning!

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc