Originally Posted by Jack View Post
He was talking about the DOJ.
?

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:50 AM   #6123
mario

Trumpy cutting off our nose to spite our face in Immigration nonsense:
[Only registered users can see links.]
Roughly 75 percent of those arrested had been convicted of non-immigration offenses, but approximately 10,800 were noncriminal arrests, up more than 150 percent percent from 2016.

Trump hasn’t just vowed to arrest undocumented immigrants, however. He has [Only registered users can see links.] . And that could be a challenge: The big increase in noncriminal arrests could create frenzy in immigration courts that are already overloaded with cases....

When Trump took office, he inherited an immigration court system with a backlog of more than half a million pending cases, with proceedings often taking years to be completed. The situation has gotten worse since Trump took office: ...

According to the Executive Office for Immigration Review, there are currently 318 immigration judges serving nationwide out of the 374 positions authorized by Congress. In March, Trump [Only registered users can see links.] in his budget for the Department of Justice to hire 75 additional immigration judge teams. However, last year Human Rights First, a nonprofit advocacy organization, [Only registered users can see links.] that the court needs 524 judges to work through the backlog of cases.

In the meantime, we're now on the hook to house, clothe, and feed all of these folks, rather than them contributing to our economy and paying taxes.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:51 PM   #6124
mario

And there it is. Bring on the resignation under threat of impeachment.

1. [Only registered users can see links.]
President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of [Only registered users can see links.] . That’s taken off.”
Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, did not dispute the account.

2. [Only registered users can see links.]
Investigators in the federal probe of possible ties between President Trump’s campaign and Russia now consider a current White House official a "significant person of interest,"

Old 05-19-2017, 04:49 PM   #6125
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
And there it is. Bring on the resignation under threat of impeachment.

1. [Only registered users can see links.]
President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of [Only registered users can see links.] . That’s taken off.”
Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, did not dispute the account.

2. [Only registered users can see links.]
Investigators in the federal probe of possible ties between President Trump’s campaign and Russia now consider a current White House official a "significant person of interest,"

ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:19 PM   #6126
mario

lawyers in the White House counsel's office have consulted experts in impeachment during the past week and have begun collecting information on how such proceedings would work, a person briefed on the matter told CNN.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:47 PM   #6127
gweeps

I've seen a rumour that the person of interest may be Kushner.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:06 PM   #6128
gweeps

JUST IN: Former FBI Director James Comey agrees to testify in open session before Senate Intelligence Committee
Old 05-20-2017, 07:50 AM   #6129
gweeps

So childish: [Only registered users can see links.]

Quote:
After four months of interactions between Mr. Trump and his counterparts, foreign officials and their Washington consultants say certain rules have emerged: Keep it short — no 30-minute monologue for a 30-second attention span. Do not assume he knows the history of the country or its major points of contention. Compliment him on his Electoral College victory. Contrast him favorably with President Barack Obama. Do not get hung up on whatever was said during the campaign. Stay in regular touch. Do not go in with a shopping list but bring some sort of deal he can call a victory.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:50 AM   #6130
gweeps

Old 05-20-2017, 08:44 AM   #6131
mario

Former FBI Director James Comey is expected to testify that he believes President Trump was deliberately trying to meddle in the FBI’s investigation of Russian interference in the presidential election, according to a report late Friday.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:04 AM   #6132
gweeps

This is a perfect example of what bothers me about a Trump Presidency. He deserves this honour? This is as laughable as Sweden giving Obama a Nobel Peace Prize.

Mr Trump received Saudi Arabia's highest civilian honour from King Salman
Old 05-20-2017, 11:10 AM   #6133
dmb448

Maybe the plan is to deem Trump a National-Security Threat upon re-entry and deny him ever being back home in the states. He truly could become a man without a country. Stripped of his wealth, the title of President, and Air Force One. Just a thought.
dmb448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:24 AM   #6134
gweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb448 View Post
Maybe the plan is to deem Trump a National-Security Threat upon re-entry and deny him ever being back home in the states. He truly could become a man without a country. Stripped of his wealth, the title of President, and Air Force One. Just a thought.
Where'd you hear this? That would be crazy.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:33 AM   #6135
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb448 View Post
I'm pretty sure this ends Forrest MacNeil style.

Trump is removed from power but due to the continued Secret Service detail continues to wander around still believing himself to be President, tweeting about legislation, and meeting with foreign dictators.

It'll be amazing.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:51 AM   #6136
mario

Amazing. Not even five months on the job and he's literally dwindled his credibility to zero.

Quotes from people at the conference (which has already begun) which Trumpy arrives at on Thursday.

“People are less worried than they were six weeks ago, less afraid,” a senior German government official with extensive experience in the United States told me. “Now they see the clownish nature.” Or, as another German said on the sidelines of a meeting here devoted to taking stock of 70 years of U.S.-German relations, “People here think Trump is a laughingstock.”
“The dominant reaction to Trump right now is mockery,”
Jacob Heilbrunn, the editor of the conservative journal the National Interest...

Heilbrunn, whose publication hosted Trump’s inaugural foreign policy speech in Washington during last year’s campaign, used the ‘L’ word too. “The Trump administration is becoming an international laughingstock.” Michael Werz, a German expert from the liberal U.S. think tank Center for American Progress, agreed, adding he was struck by “how rapidly the American brand is depreciating over the last 20 weeks.”
When European diplomats meet these days, they often swap stories about Trump—and how to manage their volatile new ally. “The president of the United States has a 12-second attention span,” NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg told a former senior official in April after meeting Trump in the Oval Office. Not only that, this person told me, the president seemed unprepared and ill-informed, turning the conversation to North Korea and apparently unaware that NATO is not a part of the ongoing North Korea saga.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:53 PM   #6137
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Kucinich is a liberal I actually like. He is probably the only one that wouldn't sell us out to world powers. He's the only person I can think of that could beat Trump.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:30 AM   #6138
Mersh

So the White House is calling it violent extremism and not RADICAL ISLAMIC TERROR in statements on this trip? I wonder if Trump will talk tough in his speech today...after the check for the weapons package he sold to the people responsible for 9/11 clears maybe?

Also, Ivanka's foundation is taking money from the Saudis? Good stuff. I don't really care much about these things, but boy are these people full of shit.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:15 AM   #6139
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
So the White House is calling it violent extremism and not RADICAL ISLAMIC TERROR in statements on this trip? I wonder if Trump will talk tough in his speech today...after the check for the weapons package he sold to the people responsible for 9/11 clears maybe?

Also, Ivanka's foundation is taking money from the Saudis? Good stuff. I don't really care much about these things, but boy are these people full of shit.
This is my shocked face....

Old 05-21-2017, 10:57 AM   #6140
gweeps

Premature speculation, but still an interesting read.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc