Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #3601
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Two really solid '11s that aren't gimmicky, just awesome shows:
6.4.11 Blossom
6.8.11 Darien
Thanks for recommending this show. I grabbed it (and 6.3.11) over the weekend. Love it.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #3602
Habbs
Organic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Thanks for recommending this show. I grabbed it (and 6.3.11) over the weekend. Love it.
Yea I listened to that one over the weekend, its a great one.
FYF->Foam and Back on the Train->Guelah Papyrus are nice highlights along with most of the second set being tight.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #3603
celluloid hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbs View Post
Yea I listened to that one over the weekend, its a great one.
FYF->Foam and Back on the Train->Guelah Papyrus are nice highlights along with most of the second set being tight.
That's too bad you don't dig the Darien show. Lots of wacky stuff in the first set and I love the second set. Hood is my favorite tune and far as compact versions go, this one is stellar.

This was the summer that DMB was a on a break and I bought the tour in advance. I had an elaborate system involving hidden columns in my tag program and squinting so you could see where you were clicking, but not filenames and each morning I downloaded the show and wiped the tags clean, then put it on my iPod without seeing what had been played. So the next day the entire tour I listened to the show blind. So getting quirky songs that I like and no idea were coming (Dog Faced Boy, Golden Age before it took off, What's the Use, Brian & Robert, Nellie Kane - I loved the bluegrass opener run this tour), then that Hood, the show really stood out for me and holds up for me now.

You get a very different perspective listening blind the next day all tour than you do downloading after seeing the set, or listening a year or two later. Not saying it's better or worse, just different. I also don't think I could ever do it again. It was a lot of work and the job I had at the time afforded me 3 hours of uninterrupted headphone time every day. I made it the entire year getting spoiled on I think two songs total.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #3604
Habbs
Organic

The 6.3.11 show looks better, I'll have to revisit that.
As far as that Darien show goes, I like the beginning (Golden Age better then than it has been lately, teases of it in Weekapaug) of the 2nd and 2001>Hood, but otherwise I know I liked listening to other 11 shows more.

Does anyone know the date of the show where a jam (I think YEM) became this strange electronic noisiness from Trey's effects and he makes some comment about dancing to that music, maybe a dance contest joke, I think it was during the 2010 summer tour but I can't place which show it is. I liked listening to that show, I'd like to revisit it.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #3605
Habbs
Organic

Nevermind, I found the show I was asking about.
It is 8/14/09 that I recommend, first Ascent>Mockingbird since 2000, and then the Ghost>Psycho Killer>Catapult>Icculus>YEM is just fun, unique and hilarious.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #3606
DMB1541
Tequila Drinking

I'm enjoying mmost of the new tunes much more than I did when I first heard them. Waiting All Night, Wingsuit and 555 are getting alot of play from me currently.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:06 AM   #3607
Habbs
Organic

If anyone cares to recommend some shows I NEED to have from Fall 09, Summer 12, and Summer/Fall 13 it would be appreciated, I only have both Alpine 12 shows and 11/1-11/2/13, I plan on making a Livephish.com purchase, buggy new site be damned. I wish you still got a discount for ordering 5 shows at once.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #3608
celluloid hero

Quote:
If anyone cares to recommend some shows I NEED to have from Fall 09, Summer 12, and Summer/Fall 13 it would be appreciated, I only have both Alpine 12 shows and 11/1-11/2/13, I plan on making a Livephish.com purchase, buggy new site be damned. I wish you still got a discount for ordering 5 shows at once.
I love the 11/1/2009 Indio show, with the long acoustic morning set. It's got a lot of mellow songs that aren't played very often and is a good listen on its own before the 2 set night show. The songs they normally play like McGrupp, Curtain With & Wilson all acoustic sound great. The electric show is fantastic as well.

I've listened to every note of 2011, not nearly as much of 2012, but I really like Deer Creek 1 & Jones Beach 2.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #3609
dmb726525
DMBML Crack Monkey

Quote:
8/31/12 - Dick's with the best Light ever IMO
10/29/13 - Reading was probably my favorite of the fall tour, but can't go wrong with 11/1 or 10/26 either
dmb726525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #3610
Habbs
Organic

Quote:
I love the 11/1/2009 Indio show, with the long acoustic morning set. It's got a lot of mellow songs that aren't played very often and is a good listen on its own before the 2 set night show. The songs they normally play like McGrupp, Curtain With & Wilson all acoustic sound great. The electric show is fantastic as well.

I've listened to every note of 2011, not nearly as much of 2012, but I really like Deer Creek 1 & Jones Beach 2.
I love the Festival 8 acoustic set! Good festival. I have all of 2011, so I'll see about maybe getting DC1 and JB2 from 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb726525 View Post
8/31/12 - Dick's with the best Light ever IMO
10/29/13 - Reading was probably my favorite of the fall tour, but can't go wrong with 11/1 or 10/26 either
I'm not a big Light fan but I've read that 8/31/12 show is really good. I already have 11/1, but I'll check out 10/26 and 10/29
Old 11-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #3611
torres

Hey guys, does Phish have some sort of tour central like DMB's almanac?
torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #3612
Habbs
Organic

Quote:
Originally Posted by torres View Post
Hey guys, does Phish have some sort of tour central like DMB's almanac?
[Only registered users can see links.] is what I use, there are also more stats based on phish.net here: [Only registered users can see links.]
Old 11-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #3613
JimBeam41

We really get spoiled by how good we have it with the DMB Almanac
Old 11-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #3614
celluloid hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
We really get spoiled by how good we have it with the DMB Almanac
Thanks, made me smile to start my day. Several of us are close to as big of Phish fans as we are DMB fans. We would keep it up to date. But the work to clone the structure then switch it over for everything being different for a band, it's really not worth it. I think we have things that we can add to what's already out there, but not like there's a huge gap like there was with DMB when we made it. The Phish sites are decent enough.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #3615
Mitch

I think phish.net is great... I've spent a lot time there the past couple of months, looking at setlists, reviews etc.

Speaking of which, I had no idea that the Destiny Unbound they played at the 2.28.03 Nass. Col. show I was at was such a huge bustout until looking at phish.net last night... I didn't know the song and honestly don't even remember it from the show, really just remembered the Bathtub Gin, Tweezer, and Contact
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #3616
SonofSuns34
There are no strings on me...

Quote:
Thanks, made me smile to start my day. Several of us are close to as big of Phish fans as we are DMB fans. We would keep it up to date. But the work to clone the structure then switch it over for everything being different for a band, it's really not worth it. I think we have things that we can add to what's already out there, but not like there's a huge gap like there was with DMB when we made it. The Phish sites are decent enough.
I wish there was a PearlJam Almanac too, you guys do such a great job on dmb and the setlists for PJ are not as detailed with tags and songs lengths and stuff like that.
SonofSuns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #3617
dmb726525
DMBML Crack Monkey

Quote:
I love the Festival 8 acoustic set! Good festival. I have all of 2011, so I'll see about maybe getting DC1 and JB2 from 2012.

I'm not a big Light fan but I've read that 8/31/12 show is really good. I already have 11/1, but I'll check out 10/26 and 10/29

Fuck I meant 9/1/12, but the entire 2012 Dick's run is outstanding
dmb726525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #3618
Habbs
Organic

Quote:
I think phish.net is great... I've spent a lot time there the past couple of months, looking at setlists, reviews etc.

Speaking of which, I had no idea that the Destiny Unbound they played at the 2.28.03 Nass. Col. show I was at was such a huge bustout until looking at phish.net last night... I didn't know the song and honestly don't even remember it from the show, really just remembered the Bathtub Gin, Tweezer, and Contact
That second set is definitely one of the best of 2.0, Soul Shakedown Party bustout too, and the rare Round Room I have a soft spot for. Mexican Cousin too. As I mentioned earlier the show just before it 2/26/03 is one of my favorites as well, the side project first set, great Maze set closer, Ghost>Low Rider>Makisupa>Ya Mar.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #3619
Habbs
Organic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb726525 View Post
Fuck I meant 9/1/12, but the entire 2012 Dick's run is outstanding
Yea I was thinking about getting that whole Dick's 2012 run. Is the 2013 Dick's solid or should I go with the 2013 Gorge shows and Bill Graham shows, maybe Hampton Fall run too?
Old 11-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #3620
raven

Quote:

I was at that show too
raven is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc