These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 01:40 PM   #41
gweeps
homesick android
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 30,182
This is my favourite version: 9/12/09
Code:
http://www.filesavr.com/seven91209
__________________
"If we do not believe in freedom of expression for those we despise we don't believe in it at all." ~ Noam Chomsky
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #42
santa.garcia
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 270
It ain't art . . . but it sure is fun.
santa.garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #43
Matteo44
 
Matteo44's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJoe5 View Post
This song is the fraternal twin of Can't Stop. Unfortunately, Can't Stop didn't mercifully save us from Seven in an act of inner-uterine cannibalism when it had the chance.
Hahahahahahahaha. Wow, thats the best description I've ever heard about Seven. Mind if I use it in my signature?
Matteo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #44
HeyJoe5
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteo44 View Post
Hahahahahahahaha. Wow, thats the best description I've ever heard about Seven. Mind if I use it in my signature?

go for it
HeyJoe5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:07 PM   #45
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 52,250
Matteo reaching out to anyone who says something negative about Seven.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #46
Matteo44
 
Matteo44's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
Matteo reaching out to anyone who says something negative about Seven.
I think there are more people out there than you think.
Matteo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #47
Dirtydeeds
you enjoy myself
 
Dirtydeeds's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 844
Seven is one of the saving graces of the latest album.
Dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #48
bsan83
4, 3, 2, 1....
 
bsan83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 26,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
This is my favourite version: 9/12/09
Code:
http://www.filesavr.com/seven91209
That is good. Thanks.
bsan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #49
BeQuietAndDrive
ICU
 
BeQuietAndDrive's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 5,156
Citing "poor lyrics" as the reason for not liking Seven is like saying you don't like ice cream because "it's cold."

You have a point, but it's a stupid one.
__________________
Let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.
BeQuietAndDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #50
Dirtydeeds
you enjoy myself
 
Dirtydeeds's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeQuietAndDrive View Post
Citing "poor lyrics" as the reason for not liking Seven is like saying you don't like ice cream because "it's cold."

You have a point, but it's a stupid one.
I'm finding this ironic.
Dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:15 PM   #51
The Godfather
We got chartz
 
The Godfather's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 21,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeQuietAndDrive View Post
Citing "poor lyrics" as the reason for not liking Seven is like saying you don't like ice cream because "it's cold."

You have a point, but it's a stupid one.
Silly analogy. Apples and Oranges there.
__________________
@Fixsweeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #52
BeQuietAndDrive
ICU
 
BeQuietAndDrive's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 5,156
Probably a poor analogy indeed, but the lyric point really bugs me. As a whole, Dave is a poor lyricist anyway (or at least has become one), so I don't care if he sings about whatever the hell he wants to if the song is great, different, and catchy, which Seven is.

If you don't like the song, whatever, I just don't know what kind of poetry he's supposed to put into it.
__________________
Let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.
BeQuietAndDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #53
Matteo44
 
Matteo44's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeQuietAndDrive View Post
Probably a poor analogy indeed, but the lyric point really bugs me. As a whole, Dave is a poor lyricist anyway (or at least has become one), so I don't care if he sings about whatever the hell he wants to if the song is great, different, and catchy, which Seven is.

If you don't like the song, whatever, I just don't know what kind of poetry he's supposed to put into it.
I don't need great lyrics ever but when they are so in your face bad its kind of hard to ignore. Hell, I thought Break Free had atrocious lyrics but I still kind of liked the song. While they were really horrifically bad I still think Seven is just in another league.

Even if Seven had no lyrics and was completely instrumental I still don't think I'd ever want to listen to it. Its just not that great, sorry.
Matteo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #54
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
you can't sit there with a straight face and tell me that "i need to get some of that... GIRL" "i want to get inside.... YOU" and the chorus of break free are better than even the most offensive line in seven.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #55
Matteo44
 
Matteo44's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissident View Post
you can't sit there with a straight face and tell me that "i need to get some of that... GIRL" "i want to get inside.... YOU" and the chorus of break free are better than even the most offensive line in seven.
"Sour as my finger, dirty pickpocket" is the single worst lyric in any song I've ever heard in my entire life from any band. So yes, I can.

Break Free is certified garbage, but its still not as bad as Seven. And like I said, even if Seven had NO lyrics, I still wouldn't want to listen to it. I'd listen to an instrumental Break Free probably quite a bit if it existed.
Matteo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #56
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteo44 View Post
"Sour as my finger, dirty pickpocket" is the single worst lyric in any song I've ever heard in my entire life from any band. So yes, I can.
whatever dude.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:04 PM   #57
Matteo44
 
Matteo44's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissident View Post
whatever dude.
I stand by that comment, not even trying to be dramatic about it.
Matteo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #58
mexicodmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteo44 View Post
"Sour as my finger, dirty pickpocket" is the single worst lyric in any song I've ever heard in my entire life from any band. So yes, I can.

Break Free is certified garbage, but its still not as bad as Seven. And like I said, even if Seven had NO lyrics, I still wouldn't want to listen to it. I'd listen to an instrumental Break Free probably quite a bit if it existed.
mexicodmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #59
LeonTheCat
 
LeonTheCat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 595
What the hell is wrong with "sour as my finger, dirty pickpocket" ???

I love that lyric. It's creeptastically sexy.
LeonTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:45 PM   #60
Matteo44
 
Matteo44's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonTheCat View Post
What the hell is wrong with "sour as my finger, dirty pickpocket" ???

I love that lyric. It's creeptastically sexy.
Wow.
Matteo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.06550 seconds with 26 queries