View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 11:07 AM   #24748
Define Dancing

Brief thoughts...

Dunkirk is symphonic filmmaking at its finest. A cinematic experience to behold.

A Ghost Story was unlike anything I've seen before, and although I didn't love it while I was watching it, I can't stop thinking about it and it's grown on me more and more as time has passed. It is especially great if you read "A Haunted House" by Virginia Woolf directly following the film.

The Big Sick is the funniest movie I've seen this year, and it really captures love in this current incarnation of America.

War For The Planet Of The Apes has some of the best CGI I've ever seen, right up there with Gravity and the bear scene from The Revenant. Andy Serkis was incredible and deserves some serious recognition for his performance as Caesar.

All four of these films get to the heart of the human condition in very different ways, and they are collectively four of the best films this summer has had to offer. If you haven't seen them yet, you are missing out.
"Poetry must be at least as powerful as music, but I am not sure that is possible." - George Oppen
Define Dancing is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03395 seconds with 15 queries