These Days Continue

These Days Continue (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/index.php)
-   DMBc (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What are you currently listening to? (DMB edition) (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=206816)

sean52692 10-17-2021 09:14 PM

Dancing Nancies 5/21/14 - acoustic set. I don't remember this one being in many acoustic sets. Looking through the Almanac, and yes, it seems this was the only full band acoustic version from those tours.

edit: and for good measure, that was probably the worst Nancies I have ever heard.

gweeps 10-17-2021 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean52692 (Post 7283437)
Dancing Nancies 5/21/14 - acoustic set. I don't remember this one being in many acoustic sets. Looking through the Almanac, and yes, it seems this was the only full band acoustic version from those tours.

edit: and for good measure, that was probably the worst Nancies I have ever heard.

I don't remember disliking it.

patsfan39 10-18-2021 08:23 AM

Can you post it?

ThememanXX 10-18-2021 09:29 AM

My most listened to DMB show: 7/13/00

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

gweeps 10-18-2021 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patsfan39 (Post 7283442)
Can you post it?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

edit: I hear what Sean's saying. It meanders quite a bit and doesn't have much of a crescendo.

gweeps 10-18-2021 02:30 PM

Back to the international Fall 2015 tour. In Belgium. November 4th.

One Sweet World opener. I miss Boyd's part in this song now.

Warehouse again. :rawk

Now The Best of What's Around. A fantastic opening run. Doesn't get much better.

I really like #41 at under 10 minutes. Wish Jeff would solo a bit though. I don't mention Stefan enough. He's laying down a rumbling groove during this song. It's great.

Okay, why are people wooing to the end of #41? Why is the band encouraging it? :\

If Only is a good song. Filler, but a killer groove. Shame they haven't played it much with Buddy. Once again, the crowd (out of sync :lol) sings the outro as the band plays. Third time I've heard this. Word must have gotten around.

Boyd's pretty good on this Tripping Billies.

greykitkat36 10-18-2021 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7283487)
Back to the international Fall 2015 tour. In Belgium. November 4th.

One Sweet World opener. I miss Boyd's part in this song now.

Warehouse again. :rawk

Now The Best of What's Around. A fantastic opening run. Doesn't get much better.

I really like #41 at under 10 minutes. Wish Jeff would solo a bit though. I don't mention Stefan enough. He's laying down a rumbling groove during this song. It's great.

Okay, why are people wooing to the end of #41? Why is the band encouraging it? :\

If Only is a good song. Filler, but a killer groove. Shame they haven't played it much with Buddy. Once again, the crowd (out of sync :lol) sings the outro as the band plays. Third time I've heard this. Word must have gotten around.

Boyd's pretty good on this Tripping Billies.


Dave really canít sing If Only, itís honestly sad to watch him try.

gweeps 10-19-2021 02:17 AM

11/4/15 con'd.

Typical Situation is a beautiful song. This is not said enough.

I still say You & Me is a good song. Catchy music, lyrics that fit the bounciness of the song, a good overall feeling song. What you want from a filler track on an album.

greykitkat36 10-19-2021 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7283504)
11/4/15 con'd.

Typical Situation is a beautiful song. This is not said enough.

I still say You & Me is a good song. Catchy music, lyrics that fit the bounciness of the song, a good overall feeling song. What you want from a filler track on an album.

I like the verses for You and Me but that chorus is unforgivable imo

bassplayer22 10-19-2021 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greykitkat36 (Post 7283509)
I like the verses for You and Me but that chorus is unforgivable imo

thats where I fall on it. The verses are good, the bridge is really great, and then the chorus, melody and lyrics, are both super cheese.

gweeps 10-19-2021 09:50 AM

Great encore for 11/4/15. Crash into Me, Ants Marching.

It's not that hard, Dave.

dmb1981 10-19-2021 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7283504)
11/4/15 con'd.

Typical Situation is a beautiful song. This is not said enough.

I still say You & Me is a good song. Catchy music, lyrics that fit the bounciness of the song, a good overall feeling song. What you want from a filler track on an album.

You & Me is a good song? Oh boy.

celluloid hero 10-19-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7283504)
What you want from a filler track on an album.

Let You Down, If I Had It All, etc. are album filler tracks. You & Me is a single and played like a single.

gweeps 10-19-2021 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celluloid hero (Post 7283519)
Let You Down, If I Had It All, etc. are album filler tracks. You & Me is a single and played like a single.

Well excuse me. ;)

timmys24 10-19-2021 04:10 PM

Live Trax Vol. 5 vinyl

Been awhile since I've listened to this one, sounds pretty darn good.

patsfan39 10-19-2021 05:27 PM

8.7.04 the encore came up on DMBRadio. Damn Roi was all over that typical and Warehouse. Fantastic. Wish they’d play encores like that these days.

Rowsdower 10-19-2021 06:55 PM

The Dreaming Tree - 4/28/09

Jeff Coffin on this is ridiculous. Wish they'd let him solo like this again.

ThememanXX 10-20-2021 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celluloid hero (Post 7283519)
Let You Down, If I Had It All, etc. are album filler tracks. You & Me is a single and played like a single.

You & Me and Crash, to me, are on the same level at a show. They get the same crowd reaction....and it's always overwhelmingly positive.

celluloid hero 10-20-2021 08:28 AM

Treating myself this morning. 8.29.1995 - Philadelphia. I deserve it.

ThememanXX 10-20-2021 08:57 AM

That's a classic.

I just moved on to 12/12/00 - MSG N1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.06039 seconds with 22 queries