These Days Continue

These Days Continue (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/index.php)
-   DMBc (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What are you currently listening to? (DMB edition) (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=206816)

gweeps 09-15-2021 11:14 PM

Festival set 9/29/19 in Brazil!

Great choice of opening with Ddtw given Bolsonaro's treatment of the natives in that country.

gweeps 09-16-2021 07:33 AM

Listening to this HORDE show from mid-1996. Now this is a festival set! :rawk

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

gweeps 09-17-2021 12:39 AM

7/8/95

Dave is stoked for this one. Small set at a festival in Germany.

I sometimes forget how clear and expressive Roi was in his playing.

I love how they played Watchtower in the 90s. Best iteration of their covering of it.

Wow. There's a legit jam section in the middle of this All Along the Watchtower. I mention again my theory that Boyd was not only up and down with his playing because of physical inconsistency, but also because he loved to improvise probably more than the other band members.

DMBCLSTJ 09-17-2021 10:47 AM

Listening to the 7/24/21 show, and holy shit everyone needs to stop and listen to this YNK. The best i've heard post Roi.

The show as a whole is my favorite from the tour, set wise (minus Shake Me closing) and performance wise.

gweeps 09-17-2021 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ (Post 7280023)
Listening to the 7/24/21 show, and holy shit everyone needs to stop and listen to this YNK. The best i've heard post Roi.

You need to hear this one then:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

DMBCLSTJ 09-17-2021 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7280025)
You need to hear this one then:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Holy crap I forgot about that one, Carter is a monster on this too :rawk

It doesn't hurt that the quality on that is incredible :lol

I still think the 7/24/21 is one of the best with 2021 DMB, 2012 was freaking 9 years ago, crazy to think that. :lol

gweeps 09-17-2021 11:10 PM

10/24/15

GERMANY!

The band is firing on all cylinders. I'm so glad I've finally gotten around to listening to these shows. Sounds like they're having a great time on this tour.

Warehouse is a great opener. Jeff is smooth as hell on What Would You Say.

Now #41. A super run so far.

I really like Death on the High Seas. Moody piece. Apropos lyrics.

and BOOM! now Minarets. Song never gets old. Even though it's old. :lol

:segue Satellite? Way cool as my Dad would say.

Slamming into Don't Drink the Water is always powerful stuff. Gotta say Dave's insistence in slurring the "home" part annoys me. A line I've never heard before in an outro, "I will cover your bones." Chilling.

Grrr people talking and laughing constantly throughout If Only. Love this song. Such a tender, bittersweet tune.

Typical Situation will always brighten up a set no matter its quality.

Wow. 2nd encore of Granny! :banana

celluloid hero 09-19-2021 06:40 PM

Some completionists might get some good news this week!

soright05 09-19-2021 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celluloid hero (Post 7280482)
Some completionists might get some good news this week!

12.7.98!

jeff1818 09-19-2021 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soright05 (Post 7280483)
12.7.98!

What do you mean? Live trax?!

celluloid hero 09-19-2021 07:28 PM

ha, no it has nothing to do with a release. Just don't have a timeframe, but some new recordings maybe soon.

gweeps 09-20-2021 03:39 AM

Uncirculated Canadian dates?

gweeps 09-20-2021 05:03 AM

Starting 10/25/15. Another show in Germany. Seek Up opener. Always a pleasant welcome.

Don't Drink the Water in the 2nd slot is an inspired choice.

Now Proudest Monkey? This what I'm talking about. These sets have been pretty stellar with the classics.

Clutch version of Drunken Soldier. Though I can see where some feel it's a hodgepodge of a song. I dig its momentum.

Man, Belly Belly Nice needs to come back. Yup, Boyd is even muted in Germany. :\

Warehouse needs to close sets more often.

This encore rules. The Best of What's Around and Ants Marching.

This aud rules, too. Nice and loud.

celluloid hero 09-20-2021 02:50 PM

Darien 2013 is now on dreamingtree.

gweeps 09-21-2021 01:15 PM

Listening to this incomplete show from 9/19/92.

The Maker sounds great even back then.

I love how casual the band is between songs during older shows. I assume it's because all the rigmarole was still years off.

Angel from Montgomery should have never been dropped from the full band's sets.

Btw, for the Almanac, there is a lengthy improv jam before and segues into Typical Situation.

dancetheham 09-21-2021 06:28 PM

Recently listened to Listener Supported for the first time in a really long time.

Loved hearing the stop-time intro on Warehouse without anyone wooing.
Noticed that Butch was playing string parts during Stone - interesting considering the differing opinions about Buddy doing just that this tour.
Remembered that I owned this show on VHS :lol

jeff1818 09-21-2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7280693)
Listening to this incomplete show from 9/19/92.

The Maker sounds great even back then.

I love how casual the band is between songs during older shows. I assume it's because all the rigmarole was still years off.

Angel from Montgomery should have never been dropped from the full band's sets.

Btw, for the Almanac, there is a lengthy improv jam before and segues into Typical Situation.

this was my favorite show early during the pandemic. i love the fun they are having in this show.

gweeps 09-22-2021 09:04 PM

Starting the final 2015 international show in Germany. 10/27.

Stay or Leave needs to be played more these days. it's a perfect song.

This Crush is poppin'.

Boyd is good on this What Would You Say. Jeff is spectacular.

Noam Yemini has become one of my favourite tapers. Guy gets great pulls.

The horn line before the final verse in Drunken Soldier is always exciting to hear.

And DS right into Warehouse. Excellent!

Crowd really loves the horn line of If Only. :)

Boyd is great on this Dancing Nancies. I've been impressed with him during the shows more often than not.

... and I'm being Shake Me Like a Monkey'd out of Germany! auf Wiedersehen!

sean52692 09-25-2021 06:09 PM

RE: the thread we were talking about Pig in. Add 12/11/02 to the mix of notable versions. Some nice wintery alternate lyrics from Dave. Carter adds some of what sounds like a cowbell to me to some parts. Boyd is good enough. It's not an epic all-timer, but it's a good one. Add it to a winter dmb playlist.

celluloid hero 09-25-2021 06:42 PM

Wrapping up 5.19.12.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.05902 seconds with 19 queries