These Days Continue

These Days Continue (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/index.php)
-   nDMBc (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Weird shit that you do or like (sock-free discussion) (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=206917)

Josh.0 06-14-2018 11:43 PM

Weird shit that you do or like (sock-free discussion)

Do any of you guys have weird personal quirks that you like to do that don’t seem to make sense to anyone else? I feel like I have a lot.

For example, I like to sleep with a humidifier RIGHT next to my bed. Like one of the old shitty ones that spits water everywhere. The sound helps me sleep for some reason.

I also like to listen to quiet, relaxing music when I work out, which seems to be the opposite of everyone else. I like to lift to, like, Tycho and Carbon Based Lifeforms.

I also like pasta pretty undercooked and without sauce, just a little butter and pepper. And mustard in my mac and cheese sometimes.

I also sit in the shower frequently. It’s so relaxing brah.

I’m weird, man.

Any odd quirks of your own?

gweeps 06-15-2018 12:44 AM

After I buy potato chips, I store them in the freezer. Keeps them cold & crispy.

Feathered 06-15-2018 01:11 AM

I need to have an AC or a Fan blowing right at me or I cant sleep for shit, its all about the white noise.

K270 06-15-2018 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathered (Post 7176924)
I need to have an AC or a Fan blowing right at me or I cant sleep for shit, its all about the white noise.

Thats one of the things I do to. Its not just about the white noise, its about staying cool. Even in the middle of winter, the fan is running. Sucks being warm all the time.

gweeps 06-15-2018 02:27 AM

Yeah, I gotta have a fan going when I sleep. But I add ear plugs. More to stay cool. But another layer of noise doesn't hurt either. It's muffled enough to not annoy me.

Jayes 06-15-2018 06:40 AM

Weird shit that you do or like (sock-free discussion)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathered (Post 7176924)

I’m definitely a fan sleeper. To the point that I will call the front desk on the road if “constant fan” doesnt work in my room.

Not as uncommon but all of my volume controls have to be evens or 5s. This does not include audio console work.

I love Qdoba with a passion. But I dont like eating at the restaurant. I like taking it home and microwaving it for 25-30 seconds to melt the cheese and glue everything together.

Bluewater34 06-15-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayes (Post 7176936)
Not as uncommon but all of my volume controls have to be evens or 5s.

Yeah, I do the same thing, except I値l only stop on even numbers. Every once in a while I値l stop on a 5, but I almost have to make myself do it.

ThememanXX 06-15-2018 09:03 AM

I've listened to every DMB show since 1999. :boohoo

Mitch 06-15-2018 10:45 AM

I like to lotion my feet before bedtime (and various other times). Like my feet feel dry and I "need" to. I love well-lotioned feet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluewater34 (Post 7176953)
Yeah, I do the same thing, except I値l only stop on even numbers. Every once in a while I値l stop on a 5, but I almost have to make myself do it.

I'm the opposite. I always choose odd numbers. And I totally get the bold :lol

Fan#41 06-15-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch (Post 7176992)
I like to lotion my feet before bedtime (and various other times). Like my feet feel dry and I "need" to. I love well-lotioned feet.

I have feeling you started doing this only after the Boyd story broke out.

Josh.0 06-15-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

I'm the opposite. I always choose odd numbers. And I totally get the bold :lol

Same, I知 an odd number guy. Sets at the gym always end on odd numbers.

Mitch 06-15-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan#41 (Post 7177002)

:lol:lol but sadly I've been doing it for years

Josh.0 06-15-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan#41 (Post 7177002)

Gotta keep em looking good or Boyd will have zero interest in the cock base

Feathered 06-15-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayes (Post 7176936)
I love Qdoba with a passion. But I dont like eating at the restaurant. I like taking it home and microwaving it for 25-30 seconds to melt the cheese and glue everything together.

I went on an almost Larry David level rant about having a specific Chipotle 澱uild order whenever I eat there because I need the melt to be just right and they always fuck it up.

Josh.0 06-15-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathered (Post 7177010)
I went on an almost Larry David level rant about having a specific Chipotle “build” order whenever I eat there because I need the melt to be just right and they always fuck it up.

Hey you know what you like

I like half hazelnut and half French vanilla coffee when I go to Dunkin Donuts. Don’t know why or how that started, but it did, and they fuck it up about 60% of the time.

gweeps 06-15-2018 12:16 PM

Quote:

It puts the lotion on its feet or it gets the dirty sock!

That's it, Sir. 06-15-2018 02:56 PM

I raise several species of endangered and critically endangered arboreal tarantulas from south east Asia, breed them and give away the spiderlings to zoos, museums and other collectors to help keep them on the planet. It's like gardening with fangs and potent venom. Very calming and soothing. Some get as large as 8.5 inch (or larger) diagonal leg span. Google search Poecilotheria Metallica, Poecilotheria Ornata, Regalis, Pederseni etc. if you want to see some truly gorgeous beings you share the planet with.

I love guitar effects pedals and play as many instruments as I can get my hands on without any kind of education or instruction. I run everything I can through my pedalboard. I love to write my own songs and refuse to learn full covers. I can't play one song I haven't written end to end.

I used to be a graffiti artist in Philly in my late teens in the 90's. On occasion, I go out and bomb a billboard or a warehouse or the back of a sign on a highway. No words. Mostly twisted human figures.

Insomniac. Not sure that's something I do but I think it contributes to the general weirdness that is me.

Feathered 06-15-2018 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7177039)
It puts the lotion on its feet or it gets the dirty sock!

:lol

Mitch 06-16-2018 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. (Post 7177073)
I raise several species of endangered and critically endangered arboreal tarantulas from south east Asia, breed them and give away the spiderlings to zoos, museums and other collectors to help keep them on the planet. It's like gardening with fangs and potent venom. Very calming and soothing. Some get as large as 8.5 inch (or larger) diagonal leg span. Google search Poecilotheria Metallica, Poecilotheria Ornata, Regalis, Pederseni etc. if you want to see some truly gorgeous beings you share the planet with.

I love guitar effects pedals and play as many instruments as I can get my hands on without any kind of education or instruction. I run everything I can through my pedalboard. I love to write my own songs and refuse to learn full covers. I can't play one song I haven't written end to end.

I used to be a graffiti artist in Philly in my late teens in the 90's. On occasion, I go out and bomb a billboard or a warehouse or the back of a sign on a highway. No words. Mostly twisted human figures.

yeah, well, I put lotion on my feet!

TDunk 06-16-2018 09:45 AM

I love walking to as many of my destinations as possible