These Days Continue

These Days Continue (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/index.php)
-   DMBc (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Guitar Tutorials (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=206715)

timh. 03-15-2017 06:32 PM

Guitar Tutorials

I posted about this in another thread the other week, but thought I'd make a thread.

Personally, as a player, I always wanted to play just like Dave Matthews for a really long time. I know there are other players out there who hope for the same, so I wanted to put some of the things I've learned out there for others who may just be beginning the process. I know there are a thousand tutorials already out there, but I've found that a lot of them just kind of suck or don't teach the right things. So I'm making some tutorials for guitar players for some DMB songs as the mood strikes.

I've done two so far. One on the rhythm to Two Step and one on how to play Warehouse.
If you're a guitar player looking for some ideas of how to approach these songs, I hope these tutorials can help you out.
If there are specific songs that you're having difficulty learning, I'd be glad to try to make a video on them if there's not already a sufficient one out there covering it.

Warehouse: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Two Step Rhythm: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

And now Proudest Monkey: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Say Goodbye: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Minarets: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Pay For What You Get- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

JTR- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Tripping Billies- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Save Me- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

#41- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Crash Into Me- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Bartender- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Loving Wings- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

That Girl Is You- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Can't Stop- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Lie In Our Graves- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

The Stone- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Here On Out- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

So Much To Say- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

#34- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Do You Remember- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Help Myself- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Ants Marching- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Satellite- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Trouble- [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

roshea999 03-15-2017 08:39 PM

Can you actually post a proudest monkey? Seems easy enough to play.

timh. 03-15-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roshea999 (Post 7122250)

sure i could do that... meaning do a youtube of it?

trippinbillyrmc 03-15-2017 09:26 PM

These are great. Keep them coming. :) Thank you!

roshea999 03-15-2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timh. (Post 7122251)
sure i could do that... meaning do a youtube of it?

:upyours

Yup. Loving wings would be a good one too.

soups 03-16-2017 06:27 AM

You have nice guitars. Which ones are those?

ggies 03-16-2017 08:59 AM

I'm not a guitar player, but I always loved this video. When everything is stripped away, it really shows what an awesome song Dave wrote.

timh. 03-16-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soups (Post 7122282)
You have nice guitars. Which ones are those?

Thanks! the amber burst one is a collings d2h, natural top is a martin hd35
I've got about 6 or so other guitars... I run into a lot of really insane deals in pawn shops or craigslist

Quote:

Originally Posted by roshea999 (Post 7122262)
:upyours

Yup. Loving wings would be a good one too.

alright i'll do those today a little later for you

sean52692 03-16-2017 10:51 AM

Monkey Man or The Fly!

roshea999 03-16-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timh. (Post 7122297)

alright i'll do those today a little later for you

Thank you. Really pleasantly surprised to see Anything I Say To You Now on your channel. Good call :upyours

timh. 03-16-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roshea999 (Post 7122250)

Here you go
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

roshea999 03-16-2017 05:23 PM

Legit. Thanks dude

timh. 03-16-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roshea999 (Post 7122342)
Legit. Thanks dude

happy to help!

willndmb 03-17-2017 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggies (Post 7122290)
I'm not a guitar player, but I always loved this video. When everything is stripped away, it really shows what an awesome song Dave wrote.

He was "Dave" in the cover band One Sweet World out of Syracuse NY

That's it, Sir. 03-17-2017 08:57 AM

Very cool

Penumbra 03-17-2017 02:10 PM

Hey man -- as someone who was literally the guitarist in a Dave Matthews cover band in high school circa 1999, I just wanted give you props for how awesome these videos are -- excellent work!! Thanks for such a great contribution to the community!

timh. 03-17-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penumbra (Post 7122429)
Hey man -- as someone who was literally the guitarist in a Dave Matthews cover band in high school circa 1999, I just wanted give you props for how awesome these videos are -- excellent work!! Thanks for such a great contribution to the community!

Thanks a lot! I appreciate the kind words!

dmb1981 03-17-2017 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timh. (Post 7122438)
Thanks a lot! I appreciate the kind words!

Great stuff my man. Love these. Always looking for proper vids to check out.

timh. 03-18-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmb1981 (Post 7122451)
Great stuff my man. Love these. Always looking for proper vids to check out.

Thanks!

also, just did a say goodbye for anyone interested

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

trippinbillyrmc 03-21-2017 09:32 PM

any chance of getting a quick video of how to play Good Good Time? Especially the hammer ons/pull aways on the opening riff. Thanks!