These Days Continue

These Days Continue (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/index.php)
-   nDMBc (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Official "Work Sucks/Complain a About Your Job" Thread (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=206022)

MaLaKaS 04-23-2014 11:25 PM

The Official "Work Sucks/Complain a About Your Job" Thread

As requested, let's do this. I'm sure I'll be posting often in here, until I change companies, but I'll let everyone else start.

K270 04-24-2014 01:07 AM

I was off work on Tuesday and Wednesday. I work with the public so I may be a daily contributor to this thread. Lets see how every work day goes.

roshea999 04-24-2014 01:53 AM

I'm in the last month of my contract and I'm not renewing. Now, I have no interest in burning any bridges and I'm doing my best to maintain my cool but it's like banging my head against a brick wall every day.

Our social media manager has no idea how Twitter replies work. I explained that beginning tweets with the @sign means the tweet is treated as a reply, and thus reaches a much smaller section of our intended audience. (It will only display in your home timeline if you follow the account sending the tweet and the one that the tweet is being "replied" to) Basically, start the tweet with any other character and all 10k of our followers will see the tweet.

"Thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate the input. However, no matter how the tweet is started, the message will only be picked up by the accounts that follow @Redacted and any other name included in the tweet.

Enjoy the rest of your evening."

What the fuck? I replied with links to twitters FAQ page and a page that explains why some companies begin tweets with a period. No reply.

Jayes 04-24-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roshea999 (Post 6995531)
I'm in the last month of my contract and I'm not renewing. Now, I have no interest in burning any bridges and I'm doing my best to maintain my cool but it's like banging my head against a brick wall every day. Our social media manager has no idea how Twitter replies work. I explained that beginning tweets with the @sign means the tweet is treated as a reply, and thus reaches a much smaller section of our intended audience. (It will only display in your home timeline if you follow the account sending the tweet and the one that the tweet is being "replied" to) Basically, start the tweet with any other character and all 10k of our followers will see the tweet. "Thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate the input. However, no matter how the tweet is started, the message will only be picked up by the accounts that follow @Redacted and any other name included in the tweet. Enjoy the rest of your evening." What the fuck? I replied with links to twitters FAQ page and a page that explains why some companies begin tweets with a period. No reply.

This is what happens where I work. They hired me as an engineer and asked me what the department needed and to head up the changes. Then they started telling me how to do things (that they have absolutely zero knowledge of and were sometimes hilariously inaccurate about) and suggesting that, say, the 4 hour projects probably shouldn't take more than 2 hours :wtf (and other shit like that).

Why do the dumbest people always think they know the most?

ThememanXX 04-24-2014 09:10 AM

I work with a bunch of fucking idiots. Truly, truly stupid people.....no idea how people stay employed. Infuriating.

roshea999 04-24-2014 09:11 AM

:lol :upyours

RageATL 04-24-2014 10:36 AM

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I can hold my own since I've been here for 9 years now, but I have seen a metric SH!T TON of stuff working for a Fortune 20 company...it blows my mind on an almost daily basis.

The Godfather 04-24-2014 10:45 AM

I was just laid off with severance, and I have been enjoying my time off.

..but the former company i worked for was a family business and it had over 500 employees here, and in Poland and Ukraine. They really had a 'garage mentally' when this company was pulling about 30 mil a month.

They wouldn't give me and my department a raise and new tools to use (they were the kings of buying refurbs), so they just eliminated the whole department and got temps to work there on the cheap.

roshea999 04-24-2014 10:49 AM

I work in sports. Sent this to our social media director to make a graphic/photo after a good performance.

"7 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 8 K"

The post read, "XX pitched eight innings and made no errors. He secured 8 strikeouts."

:boohoo

Mitch 04-24-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roshea999 (Post 6995570)
I work in sports. Sent this to our social media director to make a graphic/photo after a good performance.

"7 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 8 K"

The post read, "XX pitched eight innings and made no errors. He secured 8 strikeouts."

:boohoo

:lol that person should not be working in the baseball field!

Jonas 04-24-2014 01:00 PM

I work for my job, so my job definitely sucks.

SonofSuns34 04-24-2014 01:56 PM

I tried my hardest not to work for my family's HVAC/Plumbing Company just because everyone else in the family worked there and I didnt want to blur the lines between "Boss" and "Uncle"... but they needed help when someone went out for Surgery in 2005 and here I sit...

I took over the Service Manager position starting Jan 2011, then we fired the plumbing manager and I added his men and responsibilities onto my schedule! Now I run a 6 man Crew some plumbers, some HVAC guys, and some guys that can do both.

Everyday as a service manager is a tough one, people are stupid and expect everything for free.... but I do love my job and keeping the 4th Generation of the business going.

Now that Summer and Shoobie season is upon us I am sure I will be in here quite frequently...

ThememanXX 04-24-2014 10:17 PM

A co worker said "back splash" today at least 5x on a call. Seriously. Like, / .

Jayes 04-24-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThememanXX (Post 6995676)
A co worker said "back splash" today at least 5x on a call. Seriously. Like, / .

In reference to what?

ThememanXX 04-25-2014 11:01 AM

a backslash.

Jayes 04-25-2014 12:22 PM

Oh I see. Folks are funny

Coster 04-25-2014 12:44 PM

Be happy you guys have a job to complain about. I recently got laid off from a job I was at for 9 years. They made me use up my vacation time before laying me off, then gave me no severance, so they basically did me no favors. Oh and they kept the guy who quit and came back twice during that same 9 years.

Jayes 04-25-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coster (Post 6995750)
Be happy you guys have a job to complain about. I recently got laid off from a job I was at for 9 years. They made me use up my vacation time before laying me off, then gave me no severance, so they basically did me no favors. Oh and they kept the guy who quit and came back twice during that same 9 years.

Fuck that, sorry man :/

djrogyrog 04-25-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

I can respect this. Sometimes I forget how much of a privilege it is to have a job today.

ThememanXX 04-25-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]