These Days Continue

These Days Continue (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/index.php)
-   nDMBc (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   MLB Thread [2019 Season] (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=204989)

soright05 04-06-2012 05:13 AM

Oh those Indians...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThememanXX 04-06-2012 07:45 AM

Marlins need to start getting a few hits. :\

NiCK (Crush) 04-10-2012 10:59 AM

Same for the Tribe. Man their offense has been frozen so far this season. Thankfully, their starting pitching has been really great. Otherwise they'd easily be 0-4.

Caveat Emperor 04-10-2012 12:56 PM

Ok, someone take the Reds checkbook away. It's getting ridiculous now.

NiCK (Crush) 04-10-2012 12:57 PM

I'd love for the Indians to spend some loot like that. Granted, that Votto deal might destroy the franchise :lol

sean52692 04-10-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor (Post 6816252)
Ok, someone take the Reds checkbook away. It's getting ridiculous now.

I mean holy shit that Phillips deal is just terrible. Good for them, though.

Cubs season is already over. :lol

sean52692 04-10-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush (Post 6816253)
I'd love for the Indians to spend some loot like that. Granted, that Votto deal might destroy the franchise :lol

:orly They extended Cabrera and Santana.

NiCK (Crush) 04-10-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean52692 (Post 6816285)
:orly They extended Cabrera and Santana.

Yea, modest 3 and 5 year deals.

sean52692 04-10-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush (Post 6816286)
Yea, modest 3 and 5 year deals.

be happy they aren't overpaying them. They still extended them.

NiCK (Crush) 04-10-2012 02:19 PM

I think you have me wrong here. The extensions are great. I just wish they'd attack the free agency market harder when they have the chance.

I know the Reds aren't doing that, but they are still clearly willing to spend money - even though the Votto deal was pretty lucrative. I certainly wouldn't want the Tribe to do something like that for one of the players on our current roster... but Sabathia... Cliff Lee...

sean52692 04-10-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush (Post 6816312)
I think you have me wrong here. The extensions are great. I just wish they'd attack the free agency market harder when they have the chance.

I know the Reds aren't doing that, but they are still clearly willing to spend money - even though the Votto deal was pretty lucrative. I certainly wouldn't want the Tribe to do something like that for one of the players on our current roster... but Sabathia... Cliff Lee...

Yeah. They have a pretty decent team in place right now, and if they finish close to the playoffs this year I could see them adding a big FA. A lot of FA deals are terrible though.

NiCK (Crush) 04-10-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean52692 (Post 6816321)
Yeah. They have a pretty decent team in place right now, and if they finish close to the playoffs this year I could see them adding a big FA. A lot of FA deals are terrible though.

The Tribe?

I hope. They aren't hitting for shit right now. They need to win some games soon, because the Tigers are on their way to 5-0 and I just don't see them losing anytime soon. It's silly how good their offense is.

NiCK (Crush) 04-10-2012 02:31 PM

Pena and Beltran are both off to great starts this year and the Tribe almost had them. I'm so sick of "almost" having someone.

sean52692 04-10-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush (Post 6816323)
Pena and Beltran are both off to great starts this year and the Tribe almost had them. I'm so sick of "almost" having someone.

I mean you guys had little chance at both of them, but yeah, the "almost" having someone is kinda a Cleveland theme.

NiCK (Crush) 04-11-2012 01:42 PM

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

:lol

sean52692 04-11-2012 01:56 PM

:lol

dmb6743 04-11-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor (Post 6816252)
Ok, someone take the Reds checkbook away. It's getting ridiculous now.

They're making the McCutchen deal seem even more of a steal now.

ThememanXX 04-11-2012 08:05 PM

Phillies making Josh Johnson look like a little leaguer out there.... :\

sean52692 04-11-2012 08:09 PM

Watching Dbacks/Pads. Hooray for MLBtv and PS3.

NiCK (Crush) 04-11-2012 11:02 PM

Johnny Damon is an Indian


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.06853 seconds with 18 queries