These Days Continue

These Days Continue (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/index.php)
-   DMBc (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   A Concert For Charlottesville - September 24, 2017 (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=206779)

Jack 09-06-2017 08:14 AM

A Concert For Charlottesville - September 24, 2017

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

In response to the recent events in their hometown of Charlottesville, VA, Dave Matthews Band will host an evening of music and unity that will be FREE for members of the Charlottesville area and University of Virginia communities. The event will take place on Sunday, September 24, at UVA’s Scott Stadium in Charlottesville. Doors open at 3:30PM.
“A Concert for Charlottesville” will feature Dave Matthews Band, Pharrell Williams, Justin Timberlake, Ariana Grande, Chris Stapleton, The Roots, Brittany Howard of Alabama Shakes, Cage The Elephant and special guests.

Tickets will be allocated initially to residents of the city of Charlottesville and the adjacent counties, and also to UVA students, faculty and staff with a valid University ID. An online ticket request period is underway at [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] and will end on Monday, September 11th at Noon ET. A limited number of tickets will also be available at a walk-up, no service charge box office at John Paul Jones Arena, on Friday, September 15th at 10AM ET.

Please visit [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] for tickets and information.

While tickets are free, attendees are encouraged to make a donation to the “Concert for Charlottesville Fund” at the Charlottesville Area Community Foundation. Beneficiaries of the fund will include victims of the events in Charlottesville on August 11 and 12, and their families, first responders, and organizations devoted to the promotion of healing, unity and justice locally and nationwide.

Visit [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] to make a donation.
#Concert4Cville

Tomacco 09-06-2017 08:21 AM

Would be wonderful to attend. Wish they would broadcast it.

strut24 09-06-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomacco (Post 7134140)
Would be wonderful to attend. Wish they would broadcast it.

It should be a no-brainer to broadcast it and ask for donations on the skreen.

Tomacco 09-06-2017 08:25 AM

Surprised THAT many acts are playing though. What on earth will the set times look like?

Mike VDH 09-06-2017 08:39 AM

I'm surprised at the number of "A-list" acts on the bill. I can't see DMB playing a full 8:30-11pm set if doors only open at 3:30.

Love that they are doing this though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d.m.bfan222 09-06-2017 09:29 AM

Yeah I'd guess DMB is 90 minutes max, probably closer to 60.

TDunk 09-06-2017 09:39 AM

very strange dispersion of names...any chance some of these acts are doubled up? Timberlake and Stapleton seem like they could go together...Pharrell on his own doesn't make a ton of sense and especially in the 2 slot...maybe the Roots play a few of their own and then back up Grande and/or Pharrell?

Hopefully a simple stage without much work needed to change over between acts.

I wouldn't go but would love to stream this.

no way DMB gets more than 75 min if these are all separate acts that require 15 min between sets.

roshea999 09-06-2017 09:49 AM

I'd pay for a stream - would love to watch. We'll see.

greykitkat36 09-06-2017 09:52 AM

I like that they are doing this, but still wish they stuck to their word of No shows during the break. Oh well. Makes sense now why they didn't have to announce it that far in advance because they're giving tickets away for free and look at all those names on the bill.

The show might be awful though. They haven't played together in over a year and it's probably going to be a short set.

CRUSHsoccer15 09-06-2017 09:58 AM

Good stuff.

roshea999 09-06-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greykitkat36 (Post 7134150)
I like that they are doing this, but still wish they stuck to their word of No shows during the break. Oh well. Makes sense now why they didn't have to announce it that far in advance because they're giving tickets away for free and look at all those names on the bill.

The show might be awful though. They haven't played together in over a year and it's probably going to be a short set.

I think they'll bring it. It'll be short, they'll stick to hits/easy ones and maybe throw in one treat. But I think they'll practice for this and surprisingly deliver a strong punchy set.

NiCK Crush 09-06-2017 10:19 AM

I wonder if requesting two tickets vs one ticket will effect chances...

Mitch 09-06-2017 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strut24 (Post 7134142)

:upyours

Bluewater34 09-06-2017 10:58 AM

That's not the lineup I would have guessed. Pretty cool that they drew that diverse a group of acts.

RageATL 09-06-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strut24 (Post 7134142)

:lol

Aside from raising a shit ton of money for C'ville, the best I could hope for at this point is a Chris Stapleton guest spot on a few DMB tunes and/or some spots from The Roots as well.

mario 09-06-2017 11:50 AM

Brittany Howard playing a set could be amazing.

NiCK Crush 09-06-2017 12:00 PM

I don't know much about throwing benefit concerts, but why not just charge for tickets and then donate all of that money?

bassplayer22 09-06-2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush (Post 7134175)
I don't know much about throwing benefit concerts, but why not just charge for tickets and then donate all of that money?

Im assuming they want some local people to attend and not to pay for their own benefit show.

NiCK Crush 09-06-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassplayer22 (Post 7134177)
Im assuming they want some local people to attend and not to pay for their own benefit show.

Ah, that's gotta be it.

Tambourine Man 09-06-2017 01:47 PM

I bet they'll do something special...maybe use guests. They'll have to rehearse so why not rehearse something interesting

Or they'll just
:
Don't drink
Crush
SMTS
ASTB
Too Much
Grey Street

And done