These Days Continue

These Days Continue (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/index.php)
-   DMBc (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What are you currently listening to? (DMB edition) (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=206816)

gweeps 08-24-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThememanXX (Post 7275647)
I still think DMB always wanted the crowd to sing the 'gotta do much more than believe' parts to Gaucho live and when that didn't take off, they abandoned playing it.

They should have made a music video for Gaucho complete with a gaggle of singing kids.

gweeps 08-24-2021 03:40 PM

Ah, much quieter.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

jeff1818 08-24-2021 08:58 PM

NP: 12/22/92 Unknown location! I love it. One of those unsolved mysteries. I've been tackling 1992 during the pandemic (I love the old, old shows) and only have a few more left to re-listen to. This one has some highlights:
- Nice Typical opener with Boyd doing some fine plucking
- Angel from Montgomery. They play it most nights and each time I love it.
- Spotlight & The Maker: This is what 1992 was all about
- Minarets > Blue Water. Another staple of times long gone. But a great combo indeed.

gweeps 08-25-2021 03:03 PM

Half way through 10/15/15. Not as an excitable crowd as the previous show I heard from the international tour. Grey Street really sounds weird without the 3rd verse. :lol Ross is surprisingly tolerable on it.

gweeps 08-26-2021 03:18 PM

Dave & Friends
1/16/04

Shame none of these, save Bonmaroo, have been relased.

greykitkat36 08-26-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7276141)
Dave & Friends
1/16/04

Shame none of these, save Bonmaroo, have been relased.

Yeah, I wonder if there's some type of contract issue with some of the band members and that's why, or maybe they just don't want to release anything from that band under "DMB" series stuff...which makes total sense. They should at least do a compilation from that tour, like a 2-3 disc set of the best performances and interesting covers, they could make it an separate stand-alone release. I think a lot of people would want to buy it both from the DMB camp and the Trey/Phish camp.

gweeps 08-26-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greykitkat36 (Post 7276142)
Yeah, I wonder if there's some type of contract issue with some of the band members and that's why, or maybe they just don't want to release anything from that band under "DMB" series stuff...which makes total sense. They should at least do a compilation from that tour, like a 2-3 disc set of the best performances and interesting covers, they could make it an separate stand-alone release. I think a lot of people would want to buy it both from the DMB camp and the Trey/Phish camp.

I bet song rights are an issue, too.

Christ, there's this guy close by and WOOing every so often. What a savage. Makes me want to go back to the 2015 international tour. Crowds clapped more than anything else. Oh well, maybe he moves or gets decked? :lol

edit: this Liog is excellent! Lots of energy.

greykitkat36 08-26-2021 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7276143)
I bet song rights are an issue, too.

Christ, there's this guy close by and WOOing every so often. What a savage. Makes me want to go back to the 2015 international tour. Crowds clapped more than anything else. Oh well, maybe he moves or gets decked? :lol

edit: this Liog is excellent! Lots of energy.

Maybe, but they've released tons of covers on many releases in the past, and it's not like they couldn't work that out. At the very least give us a compilation of the D+T and Some Devil tunes if they can't do the covers. I highly doubt it's that, who knows. For whatever reason they've never made an effort to put those out. Would love to know what the reason is or if it's ever been looked into. Celluloid you know anything about this?

Until this summer, D+F version of SUAD has always been my favorite--but I must say 4.0 is crushing this song this year.

greykitkat36 08-26-2021 03:43 PM

I think that's why I loved the Caravan's so much in 2011. It was DMB but it had the vibe of a D+F party show, with the D+T opening sets and all the fun covers and what not. 2011 is pretty underrated--I know it wasn't a full tour obviously, but those were some damn good shows and unique too.

gweeps 08-26-2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greykitkat36 (Post 7276147)
I think that's why I loved the Caravan's so much in 2011. It was DMB but it had the vibe of a D+F party show, with the D+T opening sets and all the fun covers and what not. 2011 is pretty underrated--I know it wasn't a full tour obviously, but those were some damn good shows and unique too.

This is why I've come to love the 2014/2015 tours. So much diversity, even if it could have (should have) been better. You got Dave solo, Dave & Tim, acoustic and electric DMB. A lovely change of pace. I even didn't mind the Ladies after a while. Not to mention all the other guests, some of which were fantastic.

greykitkat36 08-26-2021 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7276150)
This is why I've come to love the 2014/2015 tours. So much diversity, even if it could have (should have) been better. You got Dave solo, Dave & Tim, acoustic and electric DMB. A lovely change of pace. I even didn't mind the Ladies after a while. Not to mention all the other guests, some of which were fantastic.

Yeah also very unique, but it just felt kind of "off" to me, having it all together like that with the set break and everything. Caravan was nice because it was a festival and you got full blown sets from both DMB and D+T as well as guests and all the like. I'm not a fan of the gigantic festival crowds at all though.

gweeps 08-26-2021 03:59 PM

I forgot about these "drunk man" intros to Nancies way back then.

greykitkat36 08-26-2021 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7276152)
I forgot about these "drunk man" intros to Nancies way back then.

I actually like that he doesn't drag those out anymore, they never did much for me ,though I do really like the CP one. I prefer it just being played normally with no intro personally.

gweeps 08-26-2021 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greykitkat36 (Post 7276151)
Yeah also very unique, but it just felt kind of "off" to me, having it all together like that with the set break and everything. Caravan was nice because it was a festival and you got full blown sets from both DMB and D+T as well as guests and all the like. I'm not a fan of the gigantic festival crowds at all though.

I forgot about those D&T pre-show sets. Probably because they're listed separately on the Almanac. Love that Blue Water got played.

greykitkat36 08-26-2021 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7276155)
I forgot about those D&T pre-show sets. Probably because they're listed separately on the Almanac. Love that Blue Water got played.

Yep :upyours. It was a pretty complete version too. By "full-blown" D+T I meant like Farm-aid length sets, not like a full show obviously. But it was a lot better where as in '14/'15 we got maybe like 1-2 songs from them if that in a show.

greykitkat36 08-26-2021 04:11 PM

Honestly the more suprising thing to me is that we still don't have a single DMB show released from 2012. Not that I'm dying to hear one, but it's very odd to me.

gweeps 08-26-2021 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greykitkat36 (Post 7276154)
I actually like that he doesn't drag those out anymore, they never did much for me ,though I do really like the CP one. I prefer it just being played normally with no intro personally.

Nothing wrong with the things that don't get beat into the ground. :lol

I'm thinking of those 2007 Gravedigger intros from Dave & Tim.

gweeps 08-26-2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greykitkat36 (Post 7276157)
Honestly the more suprising thing to me is that we still don't have a single DMB show released from 2012. Not that I'm dying to hear one, but it's very odd to me.

Didn't realize this. But there have been so many releases.

I vote this one:

Some of the show has even already been released.

gweeps 08-26-2021 04:41 PM

Wow. This might be the best Save Me I've ever heard. (1/16/04)

celluloid hero 08-26-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7276160)
Wow. This might be the best Save Me I've ever heard. (1/16/04)

My fave is Chicago!