These Days Continue

These Days Continue (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/index.php)
-   DMBc (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What are you currently listening to? (DMB edition) (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=206816)

ThememanXX 10-19-2020 07:39 AM

6/23/04

Spoiler:
June 23, 2004
Germain Amphitheatre, Columbus, OH

The Stone
Warehouse
One Sweet World
Crazy Easy
When the World Ends
I Did It
Pantala Naga Pampa :segue
Rapunzel
Sugar Will
Crush
Help Myself
Grace Is Gone
Joyride
Fool to Think
Grey Street
Hello Again
Everyday

Granny
Stay (Wasting Time)

ThememanXX 10-19-2020 10:10 AM

December 6, 2005
Bryce Jordan Center, University Park, PA

Spoiler:
Rapunzel
Crash
When the World Ends
Hunger for the Great Light
Seek Up
Grey Street
Minarets :segue
Dreamgirl
Warehouse
Old Dirt Hill (Bring That Beat Back) *
Louisiana Bayou *
What Would You Say
Lover Lay Down
Stand Up (for It) *~
Two Step *~

Christmas Song
Everyday

+ - Rashawn Ross
~ - Eric Krasno

SomeDevil17 10-20-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThememanXX (Post 7245642)
December 6, 2005

Spoiler:
Rapunzel
Crash
When the World Ends
Seek Up
Grey Street
Dreamgirl
Warehouse
Louisiana Bayou *
What Would You Say
Lover Lay Down
Stand Up (for It) *~
Two Step *~

Christmas Song
Everyday

+ - Rashawn Ross
~ - Eric Krasno

High energy song
low energy song
repeat.

jsandr 10-25-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThememanXX (Post 7245642)
December 6, 2005

Spoiler:
Rapunzel
Crash
When the World Ends
Seek Up
Grey Street
Dreamgirl
Warehouse
Louisiana Bayou *
What Would You Say
Lover Lay Down
Stand Up (for It) *~
Two Step *~

Christmas Song
Everyday

+ - Rashawn Ross
~ - Eric Krasno

Hows that two step with krasno? Id be interested to hear that!

Mersh 10-25-2020 03:11 PM

DMBLive 10.3.96.

ThememanXX 10-26-2020 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsandr (Post 7246109)
Hows that two step with krasno? Id be interested to hear that!

His guitar tone with DMB is always great, I'm a fan of that one.

jsandr 10-26-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThememanXX (Post 7246146)
His guitar tone with DMB is always great, I'm a fan of that one.

Yeah... I love that 41 with Sam kininger and kras from Arizona 2001 I think?

celluloid hero 10-27-2020 12:54 PM

Dave & Tim 2.2.97 - Scranton.

Can confidently say I've never listened to this show.

greykitkat36 10-27-2020 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celluloid hero (Post 7246236)
Dave & Tim 2.2.97 - Scranton.

Can confidently say I've never listened to this show.

Oh man that's a good one. One of the first D+T shows I got my hands on back in the day when I got into the band.

celluloid hero 10-27-2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greykitkat36 (Post 7246240)
Oh man that's a good one. One of the first D+T shows I got my hands on back in the day when I got into the band.

I was surprised that the tape is a solid B+ listen. Figured I knew about all the decent sounding 97s. Too bad the January tapes are generally rough. A lot of great stuff on the early shows that are so hard to get through. Some cool improv jams, etc.

If anyone wants... [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

ThememanXX 10-27-2020 01:58 PM

That was just about a year and a half before I got into DMB. Would've loved to see a show there.

dmb1981 10-27-2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThememanXX (Post 7246242)
That was just about a year and a half before I got into DMB. Would've loved to see a show there.

My love for them became officially heavy once I spent a weekend with Crowded Streets.

jsandr 10-29-2020 01:52 PM

Two Step -> BOWA red rocks. I've totally taken this for granted for so long, but that may be my favorite part of that release! Such a great transition, and Tim's solo is really great.

Also giving LT39 a spin, oddly for the first time. I'd heard lots of mix questioning, but actually I kind of like what they've done with it, as the chapman stick is incredibly challenging to mix into that sound! On headphones a really cool listen and I LOVE this two step! Greg howard really adds to the end, and Tim's solo is very playful and unique. Also, Roi is super playful on the bari, adding all kinds of good under the radar fills throughout. May be favorite 98 two step so far. Mayyyybe. I still love the first warehouse 5 version.

...also, this dreaming tree! I remember hearing the audience, but what a great treat to have.

jsandr 10-29-2020 02:29 PM

Best of (Released) Fall '1998 playlist:

Crush (WH5V1)
Warehouse (WH5V1)
41 (WH5V1)
Say Goodbye (WH5V1)
Two Step (WH5V1)
Last Stop (LiC)
Minarets (LT53)
Dreaming Tree (LT39)
DIDO (LT1)
Halloween (LT39)
The Maker (LIC)
Seek Up-> (LT53)
Heartbeat/Rapunzel (LT53)
DDTW (DmbLIVE 11-30)
Crash into Me (LT53)
Jimi Thing (LT39)
Rhyme & Reason (DmbLive 11-30)
Tripping Billies (LT39)
IBYU (LT1)
Watchtower (LiC)

I'm looking for official releases of the following from the tour:

BOWA
Pig
For the Beauty of Wynona
Proudest Monkey
Minarets -> Typical with Bela
Recently

god that tour would make a great compilation boxset!

dmb1981 10-29-2020 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsandr (Post 7246433)
Best of (Released) Fall '1998 playlist:

Crush (WH5V1)
Warehouse (WH5V1)
41 (WH5V1)
Say Goodbye (WH5V1)
Two Step (WH5V1)
Last Stop (LiC)
Minarets (LT53)
Dreaming Tree (LT39)
DIDO (LT1)
Halloween (LT39)
The Maker (LIC)
Seek Up-> (LT53)
Heartbeat/Rapunzel (LT53)
DDTW (DmbLIVE 11-30)
Crash into Me (LT53)
Jimi Thing (LT39)
Rhyme & Reason (DmbLive 11-30)
Tripping Billies (LT39)
IBYU (LT1)
Watchtower (LiC)

I'm looking for official releases of the following from the tour:

BOWA
Pig
For the Beauty of Wynona
Proudest Monkey
Minarets -> Typical with Bela
Recently

god that tour would make a great compilation boxset!

Hell yes my man. And yes, Two Step -> BOWA from Red Rocks '95 is about as good as it gets. Wish Tim would still fill that way. He went from complete emotion and true originality to classic rock licks. Real shame.

vacubsfan3 10-29-2020 03:54 PM

Listening to Lost Acoustics Playlist from Dave & Tim in the mid 90's

jsandr 10-29-2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmb1981 (Post 7246434)
Hell yes my man. And yes, Two Step -> BOWA from Red Rocks '95 is about as good as it gets. Wish Tim would still fill that way. He went from complete emotion and true originality to classic rock licks. Real shame.

i think that's a BIT of a broad stroke, but i generally think i agree. i think, as with 12 years strait of anything, you're bound to fall into patterns. I still love Tim in any form with the band, but to focus on the common ground, 98 is so great to listen to the exploration/growth across a whole tour, while, actually, still remaining faithful to the studio recordings (Crash & BTCS). For example, Tim still generally played faithfully to his studio parts - think Crush, Two Step, Last Stop, etc. That Dreaming Tree with Howard & Tim is fucking ridiculous. That's the definitive DT, without question.

on RR95: I always have to remind myself that Tim's red rocks appearance was out of the blue - it's not like they'd played a bunch of shows together to warm up for it, which is actually kind of astounding to think of how good they all sound together on that performance! But yeah, the old arrangement of Two Step with the Tim solo & segue to BOWA is so damn good.

anyway, SO down for more 98 shows/individual song releases. 8/21 is currently VERY high on that wishlist.

greykitkat36 10-29-2020 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmb1981 (Post 7246434)

I don't really agree with this, I think he's still very original, he just plays with a lot more gain/distortion and and he's cranked up louder in the mix than he used to be.

Jeff mentioned in that recent podcast that was posted that the band made a conscious choice since Big Whiskey to adapt a "wall of sound" kind of approach and have a "horn section" instead of a wandering soloist. After Roi died they made an effort to become a different band, because really, without him they are. And now especially without Boyd. But my favorite parts of the last 2 albums are Tim's contributions. He does incredible work on AFTW and CT all over the place.

jsandr 10-30-2020 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greykitkat36 (Post 7246462)
I don't really agree with this, I think he's still very original, he just plays with a lot more gain/distortion and and he's cranked up louder in the mix than he used to be.

Jeff mentioned in that recent podcast that was posted that the band made a conscious choice since Big Whiskey to adapt a "wall of sound" kind of approach and have a "horn section" instead of a wandering soloist. After Roi died they made an effort to become a different band, because really, without him they are. And now especially without Boyd. But my favorite parts of the last 2 albums are Tim's contributions. He does incredible work on AFTW and CT all over the place.

He was only on a few songs for CT - samurai, again & again and Virginia are the only ones I remember him on... maybe DYR? Your point is valid, tho. I will say, even in 98 he was cranking the gain, and also mercilessly attacking the pitch shifting stuff on a few songs. People seemed to definitely split on his jimi and liog solos back in the day.

greykitkat36 10-30-2020 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsandr (Post 7246474)
He was only on a few songs for CT - samurai, again & again and Virginia are the only ones I remember him on... maybe DYR? Your point is valid, tho. I will say, even in 98 he was cranking the gain, and also mercilessly attacking the pitch shifting stuff on a few songs. People seemed to definitely split on his jimi and liog solos back in the day.

Yeah and 2 of those songs are widely considered the best on the album. He's on DYR too, but he has a much more backing role on it. Another reason CT sucks is that the entire full band are on like 4 tracks out of the entire thing. That's kind of ridiculous. It's a Dave solo album and to call it DMB is kind of cop out.