These Days Continue

These Days Continue (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/index.php)
-   DMBc (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What are you currently listening to? (DMB edition) (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=206816)

gweeps 11-17-2021 04:30 AM

Finished up 4/10/94. Recently closed the set, and it has several stop & start outros. Big smile when I realized they weren't just going to end the song.

patsfan39 11-19-2021 11:58 AM

The Academy 4.5.95

gweeps 11-19-2021 12:01 PM

Random songs from 8/1/07. Neat to remember back to how some of these Stand Up songs used to sound. Also, they were playing Ddtw slower that year. Or at least this version.

patsfan39 11-19-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7286564)
Random songs from 8/1/07. Neat to remember back to how some of these Stand Up songs used to sound. Also, they were playing Ddtw slower that year. Or at least this version.

I think the maker that night is very good if my memory serves me right.

gweeps 11-19-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patsfan39 (Post 7286567)
I think the maker that night is very good if my memory serves me right.

I'll have to relisten to it.

This Nancies is pretty good, especially the improv intro verse by Dave.

patsfan39 11-19-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7286578)
I'll have to relisten to it.

This Nancies is pretty good, especially the improv intro verse by Dave.

Yeah the nancies was good too.

On Maker, i think Roi took a longer solo than other performances during the song.

sean52692 11-20-2021 03:58 PM

The Maker 6/14/08 - Roi's last version.

sean52692 11-20-2021 04:40 PM

Help Myself 3/10/19 - don't know why 4.0 doesn't keep this as a staple, this version is solid. Dave and Tim's guitars are locked in, Rashawn sounds great covering Boyd's parts, and like Buddy on the keys. The verses in Help Myself is simply some of the funkiest grooves in the band's catalogue.

sean52692 11-20-2021 09:13 PM

YNK 4/20/02 - release this damn show already.
PNP :segue Rapunzel D&T 1/26/17 - first D&T PNP :segue Rapunzel and first D&T Rapunzel since 1999. Sounds pretty good.

greykitkat36 11-25-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean52692 (Post 7286683)
Help Myself 3/10/19 - don't know why 4.0 doesn't keep this as a staple, this version is solid. Dave and Tim's guitars are locked in, Rashawn sounds great covering Boyd's parts, and like Buddy on the keys. The verses in Help Myself is simply some of the funkiest grooves in the band's catalogue.

Agreed. Love Help Myself and it’s awesome with Tim on it full force. Should def be played way more, I think it sounds the best it ever has when they do play it. Its only been played 9 times full band since 2005. Sad. I’ve only heard it once and it was at my very first show in ‘03, when I didn’t fully appreciate it. Hope to hear it again next summer.

Frustrating because crap like TGIY got played more than 9 times in the last two weeks of this summer tour alone, meanwhile songs like HM get played basically never

gweeps 11-25-2021 05:12 PM

Listening to some cuts from 8/28/07. Boisterous crowd. I forgot DMB did a stop-time-like intro to Astb. Beats the year they slowed it down to a snail's pace.

Even back then, Ross's main trick was squealing. And here's Roi at the same time playing some funky honks. Crazy contrast.

edit: Oh shit, that slow as molasses part was in Too Much this year, too. :\ :boohoo

Geez this one guy keeps wooing throughout every song. How can you hear anything doing that? Moron. He probably still does it. Or has taught his children to.

sean52692 11-26-2021 08:28 AM

Wild Horses 2/17/99 - near perfect version. They did this one a justice and then some. Amazing cover.
So Damn Lucky 8/18/07 - Dave solo E1. Would be pretty pumped to hear it this way at a show.
Halloween 6/20/09 - LT 35. Lots of Dave screaming, not bad.
LIOG 7/2/19 - Tim and Buddy's solos... cringe.
Rapunzel 11/29/94 - Amazing how fleshed out this was in 1994. Everyone is firing on all cylinders.
Dancing Nancies 8/9/98 - Boyd is solid, good version.
Seek Up 2/22/94 - DMBLive. Noticeably weak Roi intro here.

sean52692 11-27-2021 07:28 AM

Hello Again 9/2/18 - This one includes the Dave intro. Has he done that any other time recently? Superb version. Carter, Dave, and Buddy sound excellent.

gweeps 11-27-2021 02:25 PM

The Stone GGP

Awesome version. Some neat improv vocals from Dave.

gweeps 11-27-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean52692 (Post 7287173)
Hello Again 9/2/18 - This one includes the Dave intro. Has he done that any other time recently? Superb version. Carter, Dave, and Buddy sound excellent.

Not that I recall. Glad to hear he still remembers it.

sean52692 11-28-2021 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7287204)
Not that I recall. Glad to hear he still remembers it.

I can't recall hearing it on other recent versions either. I was surprised when he started the strumming.

sean52692 11-28-2021 09:33 AM

Really been enjoying just bouncing around on a bunch of curated playlists shuffled.


SUAD D&F 12/20/03 - My goodness, Trey. What an amazing choice for a D&F performance, so glad this was one of the DMB songs they tried. I wonder what made them do it.
Minarets 12/7/05 - Butch using some sitar effects, a little messy in a couple spots, doesn't blend as well as the 6/24/01 version. Boyd is nice in the outro, solid version.
Seek Up 10/22/94 - DMBLive. Boyd & Dave sound great in the outro.
#41 (Ft. Joe Lawlor) 8/18/07 - Lawlor sounds good but Rashawn has some screeching trumpet that ruins it for me.
Too Much D&T 3/13/99 - LT 41. Great version.

gweeps 11-28-2021 02:13 PM

What Would You Say 7/21/93

Stefan has a prominent presence on this version.

edit: Holy crap, the Dancing Nancies from this show is played lightning fast.

Xcacel 11-28-2021 02:47 PM

After some time, listening to Live Trax 32, Greek Theatre, Berkeley.
I still wonder what came into their mind when they decided to release this particular show. Nonsense.

gweeps 11-28-2021 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcacel (Post 7287278)
After some time, listening to Live Trax 32, Greek Theatre, Berkeley.
I still wonder what came into their mind when they decided to release this particular show. Nonsense.

The acoustic set is nice.

I wish we'd got a comp of entirely acoustic performances from '14 & '15.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.05669 seconds with 17 queries