These Days Continue

These Days Continue (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/index.php)
-   DMBc (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What are you currently listening to? (DMB edition) (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=206816)

jeff1818 10-03-2021 09:47 AM

NP: 7/27/93 Flood Zone

5 Dave solo to start the show including a great "Any noise, anti-noise" (Early Say Goodbye) + great "Billies" with a nice "Nature" intro + some sweet jams to close the show with guests: 21-minute #36 and 19-minute True Reflections!!!

celluloid hero 10-03-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff1818 (Post 7282086)
NP: 7/27/93 Flood Zone

5 Dave solo to start the show including a great "Any noise, anti-noise" (Early Say Goodbye) + great "Billies" with a nice "Nature" intro + some sweet jams to close the show with guests: 21-minute #36 and 19-minute True Reflections!!!

This was one of my first tapes I ever got. What I wouldn't give for an audience of this show. Mike Durham here provides some of the best early years guest spots. Love this Nancies and Granny especially.

gweeps 10-03-2021 02:03 PM

Hey, this Sledgehammer from 9/10/18 is pretty good. Dave is actually sounding decent on it. He's still struggling a bit. Why can't he figure out a range that works?

This Squirm is awesome. Weird effect on Dave's voice for the "drum beats louder" parts.

jeff1818 10-03-2021 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celluloid hero (Post 7282087)
This was one of my first tapes I ever got. What I wouldn't give for an audience of this show. Mike Durham here provides some of the best early years guest spots. Love this Nancies and Granny especially.

i hear ya on an audience tape. a matrix with full ambience would be something.

sean52692 10-04-2021 08:12 AM

Two Step 10/4/97 - Farm Aid full band opener.
All Along The Watchtower 5/21/95

dmb2much40 10-04-2021 09:28 AM

That’s a very good two step. It got pretty intense for a year or two, and farm aid 97 was the peak of it.

celluloid hero 10-04-2021 11:59 AM

8.20.00 Alpine

simbro 10-04-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean52692 (Post 7282119)
Two Step 10/4/97 - Farm Aid full band opener.
All Along The Watchtower 5/21/95

that farm aid show was my first time seeing dmb.

gweeps 10-04-2021 01:09 PM

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

dmb1981 10-04-2021 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celluloid hero (Post 7282140)
8.20.00 Alpine

All time show imo.

dmb1981 10-04-2021 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmb2much40 (Post 7282122)
That’s a very good two step. It got pretty intense for a year or two, and farm aid 97 was the peak of it.

It definitely got more intense than that '97 Farm Aid show. It was great but Dave put a lot more into other Two Step's from that era.

gweeps 10-04-2021 03:19 PM

Bartender 6/22/00

A close to the LWS version as I've heard from them live.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

jeff1818 10-04-2021 08:42 PM

NP: 8/13/94 Strawberry Banks Motor Inn. Lively 1994 set with great Say Goodby + Nature > Recently. Love those Aug. 94s.

gweeps 10-05-2021 03:12 AM

John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, VA
12/14/18

I really like this Bartender outro. Buddy is great. The horn arrangement is something I've never heard before.

Again, I don't mind the music for That Girl is You, especially when it's backed by the Preservation Hall guys. Just wish Dave didn't sing so much of the song in falsetto. He often sounds like a dying cat.

sean52692 10-05-2021 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simbro (Post 7282145)
that farm aid show was my first time seeing dmb.

That's an awesome first show. Were you there at Farm Aid for DMB or was it a happy accident?

sean52692 10-05-2021 08:11 AM

SUAD - Chicago N2 2021. This version kicks ass. I'm getting down to the lyrics change.

Nancies - Chicago N2 2021. I'll take the muted RR solos with a sticky Tim solo at the end any day. Love Nancies these days.

simbro 10-05-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean52692 (Post 7282185)
That's an awesome first show. Were you there at Farm Aid for DMB or was it a happy accident?

mainly for DMB and John Fogerty, along with the normal headliners. Was a fan of DMB for a couple years by that time, just never got to see them in concert before then.

dmb1981 10-05-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7282158)
Bartender 6/22/00

A close to the LWS version as I've heard from them live.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Fantastic.

patsfan39 10-05-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gweeps (Post 7282158)
Bartender 6/22/00

A close to the LWS version as I've heard from them live.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]


Agreed, this is really good. Do you have the rest of the show to share?

celluloid hero 10-05-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patsfan39 (Post 7282225)
Agreed, this is really good. Do you have the rest of the show to share?

I do. I uploaded that source to Dreaming Tree. Also, Kim helped me track down a source of 6.19.00 that spread right after the show, but didn't make it to the torrent era. I'll upload that now. That Bartender is even closer to the LWS than this one, even if it's only 3 days later.

Here's 6.22 cmc6 Jeremy Schultz source:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Will post 6.19 at853 Jason Goodin's source when it's done uploading. my upload speed is shit.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.05738 seconds with 20 queries