These Days Continue

These Days Continue (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/index.php)
-   nDMBc (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Travel Thread (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=206218)

drummerkrf 02-01-2013 07:44 AM

The Travel Thread

Searched for something like this but nothing really exists (if so, can't find).

Help out those that are taking to the road (or to the air)... tips on local hot spots, nightlife, restaurants, must-see attractions and other various honeyholes.

Going to Paris in April, it'll be my first time to "cross the pond" as they say. Not really huge on French history, but we plan on seeing all the typical Paris landmarks, plus a day spent in Versailles and Normandy. We also plan on taking a sewer tour.

Anything else?

ThememanXX 02-01-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drummerkrf (Post 6938841)
honeyholes.

:wtf

Jonas 02-01-2013 09:37 AM

This thread will go over well.

Josh.0 02-01-2013 09:47 AM

What's the best road to drummerkrf's mom's vagina?

drummerkrf 02-01-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh.0 (Post 6938854)
What's the best road to drummerkrf's mom's vagina?

:lol You and your tacos

Well this seemed to work just fine... :sadyes :lol

ThememanXX 02-01-2013 10:08 AM

France is stupid. Don't go.

Jonas 02-01-2013 10:20 AM

France, no one wonder he wants to know about "honeyholes" btw.. they are called glory holes pal.

ggies 02-01-2013 10:21 AM

I guess none of you travel outside the US. Sad. Traveling to other countries enlightens you more as a human being to how the rest of the world works and creates a more cultured body.

ThememanXX 02-01-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggies (Post 6938861)
I guess none of you travel outside the US. Sad. Traveling to other countries enlightens you more as a human being to how the rest of the world works and creates a more cultured body.

Shut the fuck up, ggies. France is terrible and even someone as cultured as you knows it.

'Merica.

Jonas 02-01-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Is France the only place you can travel to? Fuck no, France blows asshole.

Caveat Emperor 02-01-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

I just spend all my money on Coors Original and 80s movies on BluRay.

ggies 02-01-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 6938865)
Is France the only place you can travel to? Fuck no, France blows asshole.

Well you live in GA, not much better. And what the fuck is your problem with France? Are some extreme conservative who doesn't like french fries as well? :lol

ThememanXX 02-01-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggies (Post 6938874)
We'll you live in GA, not much better. And what the fuck is your problem with France? Are some extreme conservative who doesn't like french fries as well? :lol

First of all, Freedom Fries.....

Jonas 02-01-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggies (Post 6938874)
We'll you live in GA, not much better. And what the fuck is your problem with France? Are some extreme conservative who doesn't like french fries as well? :lol

We will I live in Georgia? And you think Georgians are idiots.

And seriously, Freedom fries bitch.

Mersh 02-01-2013 01:07 PM

While I had some run ins with people that were terrible, France was a good time. There are a number of other places in western Europe I would rather go back to, but it was hardly terrible.

ggies 02-01-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 6938884)
We will I live in Georgia? And you think Georgians are idiots.

And seriously, Freedom fries bitch.

Sorry about that. I was doing multiple things at work and on the boards.

drummerkrf 02-01-2013 03:29 PM

the "f" in my username stands for "French".... some things you can't help... :dunno

I'm pretty excited about this trip. By no means was I intending on it being a France-basher's paradise... but hey, we're having fun here no?

Perhaps I'll plan my next trip to Georgia :lol

FiddySpence 02-01-2013 03:37 PM

ggies like clockwork killing the buzz like he always does.

get a sense of humor.

FiddySpence 02-01-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor (Post 6938867)
I just spend all my money on Coors Original and 80s movies on BluRay.

that's all the culture a person needs.

dmbftp 02-01-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drummerkrf (Post 6938841)
Searched for something like this but nothing really exists (if so, can't find).

Help out those that are taking to the road (or to the air)... tips on local hot spots, nightlife, restaurants, must-see attractions and other various honeyholes.

Going to Paris in April, it'll be my first time to "cross the pond" as they say. Not really huge on French history, but we plan on seeing all the typical Paris landmarks, plus a day spent in Versailles and Normandy. We also plan on taking a sewer tour.

Anything else?

I personally didn't think the mona lisa was worth it - but you can say you've seen it if you do go. Walked up the Eiffel tower as far as they let me (twice). If you go to sacre coeur (as with plenty of tourist spots), there were plenty of pick pockets. Moulin Rouge is something you could walk by. Stop into cafes. Eat at French McDonald's once, but otherwise stick to french food. Don't buy a coke - it'll cost as much as a beer, drink beer instead. You can go up the arc de triomphe. It's been about 5 years since I was last in Paris, so I'm sure I'm missing plenty of things.

Enjoy your trip