These Days Continue

These Days Continue (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/index.php)
-   nDMBc (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Official Vinyl/Record Player Thread (http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showthread.php?t=205761)

MaLaKaS 06-01-2013 05:17 PM

Official Vinyl/Record Player Thread

Does this thread already exist? If not, is there any interest in this discussion? I am new to the scene and want to learn discuss different records & audio systems.

Mitch 06-01-2013 07:16 PM

I would have been all over this discussion in the early 80's. I rocked a nice turntable back then. Nowadays, nah.

MaLaKaS 06-01-2013 08:51 PM

I'm listening to an original analog "Revolver" this evening on my uncle's system. I'm blown away by the sound, compared to cd.

sean52692 06-01-2013 11:01 PM

compared to flacs with good headphones?

blrobl 06-01-2013 11:18 PM

Started collecting a few years ago. I might be at 200 or so. I'll post some of my recent finds. I don't necessarily collect 'new ' releases. I missed out on DMB, Pearl Jam, etc. I go for the classics. I love hitting thrift stores, craigslist, garage sales, ebay, and more.

Monk 06-02-2013 07:59 AM

My wife just ordered a Pro-Ject Debut III turntable for me for my birthday. Can't wait to get it set up!

MaLaKaS 06-02-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monk (Post 6958905)
My wife just ordered a Pro-Ject Debut III turntable for me for my birthday. Can't wait to get it set up!

I'll have to look this one up. I want a system that can hook up to my tv as well.

mja271 06-02-2013 02:02 PM

Big vinyl fan. I've been building my collection the last few years. Discogs is a great inventory site if you're looking for a nice organized way to build a list of what you have online. Highly recommend checking it out.

I'm looking to pick up the new Daft Punk and The National records sometime soon.

Monk 06-02-2013 09:45 PM

Paul Simon's Graceland will be the first vinyl I will play on the new turntable. :upyours

holdyouclose 06-03-2013 10:13 AM

When my wife and I got married, her mom gave me all of her, my father-in law, and my wife's late uncle's vinyl....probably around 250 or so records, including all the Beatle's albums, with them being first pressings....

Nothing compares to properly recorded vinyl on a good system

MaLaKaS 06-03-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holdyouclose (Post 6959089)
When my wife and I got married, her mom gave me all of her, my father-in law, and my wife's late uncle's vinyl....probably around 250 or so records, including all the Beatle's albums, with them being first pressings....

Nothing compares to properly recorded vinyl on a good system

US Capitol or UK Parlophone Beatles records?

Vincent 06-03-2013 09:20 PM

I use this site to keep track of my collection:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

morgadt 06-03-2013 11:35 PM

My turntable...

holdyouclose 06-04-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaLaKaS (Post 6959176)
US Capitol or UK Parlophone Beatles records?

I take that back, I didn't mean to say all, that'd be ridiculous....the ones I have are Parlophone....my wife's late uncle was big in the behind the scenes Hollywood industry, and had a lot of friends in the music industry as I've been told....

The others I have are, but what I can tell by the matrix numbers, early pressings, usually 3rd through 6th pressings....

MaLaKaS 06-04-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincent (Post 6959212)
I use this site to keep track of my collection:

:upyours thank you. I'll check it out.

MaLaKaS 06-04-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holdyouclose (Post 6959232)
I take that back, I didn't mean to say all, that'd be ridiculous....the ones I have are Parlophone....my wife's late uncle was big in the behind the scenes Hollywood industry, and had a lot of friends in the music industry as I've been told....

The others I have are, but what I can tell by the matrix numbers, early pressings, usually 3rd through 6th pressings....

That's awesome. I just won a BC13 British pressing on eBay this past weekend. Apparantly no record in the set was played more than twice. I can't wait to receive it.

blrobl 06-04-2013 12:02 PM

just a small sample of some - I love old soundtracks.

Monk 06-04-2013 02:28 PM

Vision Quest vinyl soundtrack...

LUNATIC FRINGE :rawk

roshea999 06-04-2013 02:39 PM

Any tips on buying a record player? Looking 300-500. Open to suggestions.

blrobl 06-04-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monk (Post 6959287)
Vision Quest vinyl soundtrack...

LUNATIC FRINGE :rawk

Hell yeah!
I asked Modine on twitter if he would autograph a poster for me (Full Metal Jacket) and he said yes. I'll pass along the vinyl sleeve as well.

Jesus, I picked up a booming ass cabinet from the 70's for free on craigslist. I'll post a pic sometime. No way I would spend a shitload on a player. I'd rather use that $$$ on vinyl.